Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,153)

Showing posts 143,041 - 143,060 of200,207
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Neemis wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep queers AWAY from kids !!!
Members of hated minority groups are often stereotyped as representing a danger to the majority's most vulnerable members.

For example, Jews in the Middle Ages were accused of murdering Christian babies in ritual sacrifices.

Black men in the United States were often lynched after being falsely accused of raping White women.

In a similar fashion, gay people have often been portrayed as a threat to children.

The research to date all points to there being no significant relationship between a homosexual lifestyle and child molestation. There appears to be practically no reportage of sexual molestation of girls by lesbian adults, and the adult male who sexually molests young boys is not likely to be homosexual (Groth & Gary, 1982, p. 147).

Dr. Nathaniel McConaghy (1998) similarly cautioned against confusing homosexuality with pedophilia. He noted, "The man who offends against prepubertal or immediately postpubertal boys is typically not sexually interested in older men or in women"

Hey Mr Caveman, is your name Zog?
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You made up a quote that I didn't say then go into all that rant? LOL..wow u are mad today.
True, I am in a grouchy mood...but..

I never said I was quoting you...I was just asking about the purpose of forums...like what do they do for you?
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I was quoting you...I was just asking about the purpose of forums...like what do they do for you?
You are OTR ???
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with sponge bob, Why do people who claim to follow Christianity act so unlike the character of Jesus?. Now stooping down to hate so much to post as another person.
RiccardoFire.

Yes. You are right. Jesus was loving and forgiving of the truly repentent, but he also kicked butt when it was appropriate for him to do so. According to the historical record:

"This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him." (John 2:11)

"After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days." (John 2:12)

"And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem," (John 2:13)

"And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:" (John 2:14)

"And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;" (John 2:15)

"And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise." (John 2:16)

"And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up." (John 2:17)

"For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me." (Psalms 69:9)

"When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, that was to my reproach." (Psalms 69:10)

"I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to them." (Psalms 69:11)

"They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards." (Psalms 69:12)

"But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation." (Psalms 69:13)

"Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters." (Psalms 69:14)

"Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters." (Psalms 69:14)

"Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me." (Psalms 69:15)

"Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies." (Psalms 69:16)

"And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily." (Psalms 69:17)

"Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of mine enemies." (Psalms 69:18)

"Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee" (Psalms 69:19)

"Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none." (Psalms 69:20)

"They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink." (Psalms 69:21)

"Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap." (Psalms 69:22)

"Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake." (Psalms 69:23)

"Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them." (Psalms 69:24)

"Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents." (Psalms 69:25)

"For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded." (Psalms 69:26)

"Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness." (Psalms 69:27)

"Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous." (Psalms 69:28)

"But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high." (Psalms 69:29)

"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.(Psalms 69:30)

Ronald
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Scoccer wrote:
Three teachers and two school administrators at a New Jersey high school have been arrested.
From charges stemming from allegations the teachers had sexual relationships with students.
Very sloppy reporting....

This had nothing to do with this Forum...and nothing to do with homosexuality...Is this what is called "bomb throwing"??

Here is the story...

Three teachers from Triton Regional High School in Runnemede, New Jersey have been arrested and accused of having inappropriate sexual relations with three female students.

Teachers Jeffrey Logandro, Daniel Michielli and Nicholas Martinelli voluntarily turned themselves into authorities on Thursday. Two of the student victims were 17 years old and the third was 18 years old.
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
You are OTR ???
No, I am ACLU

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
RiccardoFire.
Yes. You are right. Jesus was loving and forgiving of the truly repentent, but he also kicked butt when it was appropriate for him to do so. According to the historical record:
That's the buy-bull you stupid fundie.
Not an historical record, but a collection of myths.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem I agree. I just think it's low when someone acts like that too.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the buy-bull you stupid fundie.
Not an historical record, but a collection of myths.
And even then, he doesn't have a clue as to the actual meaning of it...

“No Allah: know peace”

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
RiccardoFire.
"And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem," (John 2:13)
"And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:" (John 2:14)
"And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;" (John 2:15)
"And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise." (John 2:16)
Silly, ignorant child, you don't even understand your own "holy" book.

The money changers were NEEDED there in the Temple. It would have been sacrilige to use money with idols on it to buy sacrifices. The people traveling from far lands had to carry money and buy anything they wanted to offer up as a sacrifice (as directed by the Bible!) and they needed suitable coins to do that with. Roman coins, with the face of the "divine" Caesar would have been a sacrilige to use in the Temple.

Now, there might have been other issues going on, like usury, or false weights and measures, but the mere act of changing money was NOT in any way "wrong".
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am ACLU
Even worse ... they are a racist, dicriminating group and it doesn't surprise me that you would be a member
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
that never stopped you from discussing the law, Liam
Noodles23432

Camarillo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

More gays more mean more Asian chicks for me. :D
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Either do you big boi. Hey teacher, leave those kids alone.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child, you don't even understand your own "holy" book.
The money changers were NEEDED there in the Temple. It would have been sacrilige to use money with idols on it to buy sacrifices. The people traveling from far lands had to carry money and buy anything they wanted to offer up as a sacrifice (as directed by the Bible!) and they needed suitable coins to do that with. Roman coins, with the face of the "divine" Caesar would have been a sacrilige to use in the Temple.
Now, there might have been other issues going on, like usury, or false weights and measures, but the mere act of changing money was NOT in any way "wrong".
Liam R.

I understand the source of your confusion. Were we not limited in the number of characters we may use in Topix posts, I would have continued my post on to the zinger. I was hopeful anyone whose interest was piqued in the subject would have looked up and read the entire chapter himself. In any event, you are to be commended not only for your interest, but for the sharpness of your eye as well. I'll continue onward from the last quoted verse to the verse that - due to space constraints - was left unposted:

"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.(Psalms 69:30)

"This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs." (Psalms 69:31)

Ronald
SpongeBob

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Even worse ... they are a racist, dicriminating group and it doesn't surprise me that you would be a member
I would like to hear what kind of evidence you have for those accusations....please..Thanks

After all, the ACLU is just lawyers with one client, The U.S.Constitution....So your evidence would have to be cases they have brought before the courts...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep posting links?
I've already proven you posted two other different links.
The first one didn't go to my post when I clicked on it, in your actual post. The second did.
So, you lied the first time.
What exactly is your goal?
It seems you just want to "get" me.
So you searched through thousands of posts, and the most you could come up with is some trivial bit of semantics.
You haven't proven anything aside from the fact that you are full of sh%%.
Jim Beam

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Either do you big boi. Hey teacher, leave those kids alone.
One out of every 4 females are molested in their youth,are gays doing that also stupid? So according to you it's A-OK for heterosexuals to molest female children then right? Do you blame ALL heterosexuals for the the crimes of the few like you blame ALL gays for the crimes of the few? As usual the old double standard huh? Yeah,how about YOU leave those kids alone! Tell us all,what's it like to be a village idiot? LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you playing dumb to try and make some kind of point?
Anyway...
Since there are no actual rational arguments against gay marriage, homophobes often try to just demonize gay people. One way they try to do that is by brining up anal sex. But the reality is *most* people who have anal sex are straight.
Don't worry Rose, we didn't expect you to understand. We hold you to a much lower standard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Beam did answer your question, you silly little b!tch. You have no real arguments, so you just play word games. You're like Brian_G's stupid twin.
As usual, when Rose can't provide an educated and comprehensive rebuttal, this is the nonsense you get.

Keep studying Rose, you will get that GED..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 143,041 - 143,060 of200,207
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Merced Discussions

Search the Merced Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 11 min Skeet give more 7,811
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 15 min Go Play 4,846
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr This topics peaked 15,911
Lund chusna mujhe bahut achha lagta hai (Sep '12) Wed Raj handsome 8952068289 19
Fishers at California Aqueduct should take prec... (Apr '07) Jul 9 jessica 33
Kathy Pon named interim superintendent of Delhi... Jul 4 Anonymous 1
Body in field identified as Chowchilla man (Oct '12) Jul 2 Aye 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Merced Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••