Outlook For Printing Plant's Parent C...

Outlook For Printing Plant's Parent Company Looks Dubious

There are 6 comments on the Printing Equipment Guide story from Jan 6, 2008, titled Outlook For Printing Plant's Parent Company Looks Dubious. In it, Printing Equipment Guide reports that:

“If you want to simplify it, they're running out of cash”

In two weeks, Quebecor World Inc.'s future should be black and white and read all over. via Printing Equipment Guide

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Printing Equipment Guide.

Sick of this

Saint-laurent, Canada

#1 Jan 7, 2008
Rest assured answering to both Bay and Wall st's finest will be the ultimate measure of PK's methods...He is where the buck stops and only where it stops...It would be far to easy to say its the french way to find the path of least resistence...pointing a finger and artificially inflating stock prices are strictly EGO driven...as a 15yr employee...I am sick of the disaster he has made of the company his daddy has handed him...by the way...isn't there two of them??...it really is tough to care about a company you have bled for when the owner treats it this way...I have invested with this company since 1998...I would like to think one day I may get my money back...the whole mess just smells of crookedness...wouldn't you agree???
GREED ENDS WORLDS

Bakersfield, CA

#2 Jan 12, 2008
Sick of this wrote:
Rest assured answering to both Bay and Wall st's finest will be the ultimate measure of PK's methods...He is where the buck stops and only where it stops...It would be far to easy to say its the french way to find the path of least resistence...pointing a finger and artificially inflating stock prices are strictly EGO driven...as a 15yr employee...I am sick of the disaster he has made of the company his daddy has handed him...by the way...isn't there two of them??...it really is tough to care about a company you have bled for when the owner treats it this way...I have invested with this company since 1998...I would like to think one day I may get my money back...the whole mess just smells of crookedness...wouldn't you agree???
IF YOU GO TO:

http://www.topix.com/com/iqw/2007/05/quebecor...

you will find a few comments related to this issue of Quebecor and its problems. One of the surprising things was that the Board of Directors being is such dire straits went and hired Wes Lucas, someone with no experience and someone who had been asked to resign from his other job in an ink company. The Quebecor job required a real person and not the self-promoter and relentless resume builder who should have said NO, THIS JOB IS NOT FOR ME. But Lucas saw an opportunity to just collect another cool sack of money and in exchange for that he started calling for 5 point plans, 6 point plants, the same standard sales pitch and so we have to assume that the plants he closed and the jobs he cost hundreds are not scientific decisions. They are decisions probably picked by throwing a dard at saying, there, let's do that. HE WAS WAY OVER HIS HEAD!
hillarious

Saint-laurent, Canada

#4 Jan 20, 2008
He was simply given a mandate by his boss...I'm sure if you look close enough you would find an entrance in the back of his (Lucas's) head where a hand comfortably fits...its the same as it always has been with Lucas...there is no surprises with him and his record...unfortunately he was...and always has been a simple pawn for MR PK to spout off about to (significant) investors...Pk signed his checques...and I beleive there is never going to be a place for him to hide that from...Pk and Pk only is the guy who put us here and ultimately may remove us from here...if you look at the facts...all of his asset sales...lol...you will see...Quebecor World simply sold the assets worth anything to a company called Quebecor Capital...He makes off with the assets still in his pocket...and investors are stuck with the negative fallout...
If Bay and Wall are listening...
please dually note...
It will be NO different with his cable and impending cell phone business's...
crooked is...as crooked does...
to clarify

Saint-laurent, Canada

#5 Jan 21, 2008
Quebecor Capital is being represented by some German investment outfit...
Who

Newmarket, Canada

#6 Jan 21, 2008
What?
Glad to be out

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Jun 1, 2011
Hind sight is 20-20!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merced Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Tonnisha Carlson Aug 9 Father 3
"Not the Stan" Aug 1 Psssssst 2
first step to recovery (Aug '16) Jul 24 Daddy-Bubbaluba 15
Does anyone know of a Elney McCain/Cardwell/Fre... Jul 18 Anonymous 1
love you... (Apr '15) Jul '17 Steven Inconjucti... 157
Kelley H (May '14) Jul '17 w0l25T209 2
Differential Jul '17 Embraced An Idea 2

Merced Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance