State study shows Humboldt County smo...

State study shows Humboldt County smoking above state level

There are 7 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Dec 21, 2010, titled State study shows Humboldt County smoking above state level. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Figures released Monday by the California Department of Public Health's Tobacco Control Program show that Californians are smoking at the lowest rate in 20 years -- 13.1 percent in 2009 -- which represents a 42 percent decline since the California Tobacco Control Program was established in 1990.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Latte Dah

Glendale, OR

#1 Dec 21, 2010
Humboldt county is a poor economically depressed area where a large percentage of the population is unemployed and on some type of assistance or entitlement. If you aren't actually putting out the sweat to pay for them you wouldn't see the frivolousness of such a habit I prefer to regard as a behavior. I stopped smoking when I found myself temporarily unemployed. It was the first luxury to go away. I haven't picked them back up and am enjoying the new found cash in my pocket that no doubt part of will go to bail out corporate industry or banks.
anonymous

Waterloo, Canada

#2 Dec 21, 2010
And don't forget all the pot!
fed up

Turlock, CA

#3 Dec 21, 2010
All the efforts and dollars that have been committed to this reduction and still there are those who think marijuana should be legalized so we can start all over again!

“Veritas Vincit. Pro Libertate”

Since: Jun 08

peoples republic of Madison

#4 Dec 21, 2010
fed up wrote:
All the efforts and dollars that have been committed to this reduction and still there are those who think marijuana should be legalized so we can start all over again!
Yes the 100 year war on drugs has been a roaring success. ;oD
anonymous

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Dec 21, 2010
For all you nicotine nazis. PUT down the pipe, bong, spleef or whatever. We are passing laws right and left about tobacco and this wholle damn county is growing weed. WTF!
keep it under 99

Anderson, CA

#6 Dec 22, 2010
anonymous wrote:
For all you nicotine nazis. PUT down the pipe, bong, spleef or whatever. We are passing laws right and left about tobacco and this wholle damn county is growing weed. WTF!
i think thats the way we want it
the fumes are noxious, outside is ok.
hey at least your shit is compleatly legal to consume!!! dont bitch!!
the day they put phillip morris out of business with laws will be a happy one, unfortunately, it will be the same day pigs fly.
pig fly

San Francisco, CA

#7 Dec 22, 2010
what? epd is getting a chopper? are they gonna get southernhumbold doorgunner slash babykiller to fly the door? lolz. that jammin piece of sh#t m-60 gonna get someone killed...lolz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merced Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jared Pickering is a lying thieving slime 18 hr Ward 1
love you... (Apr '15) Tue MR ROBINSON 39
Mark Rosenkranz (Aug '12) Jul 25 Mark Rosenkranz 80
What God Loves... (Nov '15) Jul 20 Don Feducci 22
Bring these 2 IRANIANS into ILLIONIS for a reward. Jul 20 Romel Esmail Fugi... 1
Whats It Like Working For Foster Farms? (Apr '09) Jul 11 sierras_ride 32
hard to hookup in merced gay (Aug '13) Jul 9 Hard as a rock 7

Merced Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Merced Mortgages