New pit bull rescue finding homes for much-maligned dogs

Aug 3, 2010 Full story: Atwater Signal

Ted Torres wants to let people know there are good pit bulls in the world. Torres should know -- he's fostering two of them.

Full Story

“MARRIAGE EQUALITY FOR EVERYONE”

Since: Aug 10

IS WITH MY FAMILY

#2 Aug 13, 2010
wakeup wrote:
My opinion is that every pit bull and rottweiler should be shot. I hate them. The only people that have them are the ones that are hiding something. As in drugs, etc. I hope all the people that are stupid enough are the dogs next meal. LOL
Not all pit bulls are bad and just because someone has onne does not mean they are hiding something. I have one friend that has a pit bull and she is the sweetest dog you will ever meet. She is very patient and loving. I was shockedd at first because of everything I had heard about them. Since then I have taken care of another friends pit bull for a few weeks and when it was time to give her back I didnt want to. This pit is smart, playful, loving, good with kids, and a good watch dog. Since being around those two pits I have decided that I want one. As long as they are raised properly they are excelllent dogs. If raised to be aggressive they will be and because their jaws are so powerful is the reason they can do so much damage, not because that is neccessarily their intention. The pit I took care of could do some damage just when we were playing and I know she didnt mean too.
wakeup

Middle Village, NY

#3 Sep 15, 2010
Bullshit, Proud to be Gay. Every person that has had one of these dogs will tell you they are the sweetest, most loving dogs they have ever had. Tell that to the kid that has stitches in their head. Tell that to the parents that are burying their babies because one of these sweet dogs killed them. You are as far out of your mind as they are.

“MARRIAGE EQUALITY FOR EVERYONE”

Since: Aug 10

IS WITH MY FAMILY

#4 Mar 29, 2011
It is not the dog's fault it is how that dog was treated. Any dog treated poorly will have the same reaction the only difference is pit bulls can do a lot more damage. Pit bulls are not the only dog that has hurt or even killed people. The problem is that it happens more often with pit bulls because of how strong they are. I have seen more than one chow turn on their owner and put their owner in the hospital. when you here about a pit bull they have generally hurt someone outside of their family. I have never heard of a pit bull being nice their whole life and then suddenly attacking their owner. They are very powerful dogs and unfortunately when they are provoked they can do more damage than most dogs.
wendy

United States

#5 Nov 1, 2011
I am writing to ask if you have pit bull puppies to adopt?how old are they, do they have their first shots?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merced Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Body in field identified as Chowchilla man (Oct '12) Fri 3didit 7
ran over by merced police Dec 24 mihrtsnmo 1
Whats It Like Working For Foster Farms? (Apr '09) Dec 24 Chicken Cop 25
former playmate Lonny (Lorraine) Chin (Feb '08) Dec 24 Mark L W 172
Lund chusna mujhe bahut achha lagta hai (Sep '12) Dec 16 sekhar singh 30
Review: Chandelier Club (Jul '13) Dec 12 Maverick 12
The Reasons Why Nov '14 Mark 1
Merced Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web