Man killed, dog hurt when SUV crashes...

Man killed, dog hurt when SUV crashes in Menomonie parking lot

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 15, 2009, titled Man killed, dog hurt when SUV crashes in Menomonie parking lot. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A man was killed and his dog injured when their SUV hit a light pole in a parking lot in Menomonie, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Oct 15, 2009
I wonder if he died from a medical condition that led to the crash. He would have had to hit it pretty hard to be hurt badly enough to die, not to mention that the light pole would fall over, one would think, absorbing more of the impact energy.
chuck u farley

San Leandro, CA

#3 Oct 15, 2009
I'm sure PETA will be happy that the dog is OK.
Pandora

New Prague, MN

#4 Oct 15, 2009
Okay, what's your problem with PETA? Don't be shy. Vent your ire.
chuck u farley wrote:
I'm sure PETA will be happy that the dog is OK.
All the Answers

Lakeville, MN

#5 Oct 15, 2009
Sad story, Did anyone check to make sure it wasn't the "falling prices" that got him and not the lightpole?
Keep it Simple Stupid

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Oct 15, 2009
All the Answers wrote:
Sad story, Did anyone check to make sure it wasn't the "falling prices" that got him and not the lightpole?
Now that is funny... very, very good. And no, we aren't making light of a man dying. that's tragic. And yes PETA is funny too.
LBJ

Storm Lake, IA

#7 Oct 15, 2009
This is why we need to ban SUVs. Even the dogs aren't safe. Obama needs to get on this. People are dying. How many dogs must die or be injured before we all join hands and avert this crisis? We should all be wearing those spandex shorts and riding bicycles. Let's organize a march on Washington. YES WE CAN!
Pamela_A

Minnetonka, MN

#8 Oct 15, 2009
To read most news articles you would think that SUVs all by themselves are crashing into things and the poor driver doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it.

I guess SUVs are more intelligent than I thought.
Felix the Wonderful Cat

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Oct 15, 2009
LBJ wrote:
This is why we need to ban SUVs. Even the dogs aren't safe. Obama needs to get on this. People are dying. How many dogs must die or be injured before we all join hands and avert this crisis? We should all be wearing those spandex shorts and riding bicycles. Let's organize a march on Washington. YES WE CAN!
Just hold on there....Spandex is a privilege not a right! Not everyone should wear it!(Especially those women who think it looks OK to wear spandex, under a never long enough, T shirt.)
Lucy

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 15, 2009
Felix the Wonderful Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Just hold on there....Spandex is a privilege not a right! Not everyone should wear it!(Especially those women who think it looks OK to wear spandex, under a never long enough, T shirt.)
And you think its nice to look at tacky "junk" on the male side of things????
IrishMN

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Oct 15, 2009
SUV's are dangerous. And it is as much from the mind set of the driver, as it is from the physics of a vehicle that is top heavy like they are. Again it is proven.

We need to remove them from all roads and then we all will be safer.
Ryan

Hastings, MN

#12 Oct 15, 2009
Don't blame the SUV!! The SUV didn't drive into the light pole. My question resides with the driver. Was he cutting across the parking lot like many of us do? Was he paying attention while was driving? Maybe he was doing something that made him take his off eyes off the road.
gman

United States

#13 Oct 15, 2009
Are there any updates on how the dog is doing?
SAD

Prior Lake, MN

#14 Oct 15, 2009
IrishMN wrote:
SUV's are dangerous. And it is as much from the mind set of the driver, as it is from the physics of a vehicle that is top heavy like they are. Again it is proven.
uuuuuhhhh...... I got nothing for you statement. My brain actually hurts now.
Carbon Bigfoot

Eden Prairie, MN

#15 Oct 15, 2009
IrishMN wrote:
Cry louder. Your Mommy didn't hear you.
Easy Street

United States

#16 Oct 15, 2009
IrishMN wrote:
See, you don't get it. Life is not about how we can protect others from themselves. It's about making private decisions that determine the course of our lives. If you search statistics, you will find that SUV drivers hurt/kill themselves more often than they do other drivers on the roads. This is not a vehicle type problem, this is a personal responsibility of the driver problem. Don't tell me what I can drive.
Javier

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Oct 15, 2009
IrishMN wrote:
You are quite simply the biggest idiot alive. To hell with bigfoot, its you they should be trying to find to see how you've survived all these years being barely detected by humanity.
ugh

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Oct 15, 2009
My guess is medical problem was happening and the guy tried to draw attention to himself by crashing.
Fed up

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2009
I know of a guy that did this exact same thing only with a Motor Home. Caused $90K damage to the Motor Home. Don't know if they had a dog at the time but I know his son head butted the windshield.

Wide open parking lot, day time. Makes me wonder???

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Oct 15, 2009
ugh wrote:
My guess is medical problem was happening and the guy tried to draw attention to himself by crashing.
Was his medical condition 'mental slowness'? You don't crash into a pole to get attention, you honk the horn, flash the lights, etc.

Since: Feb 08

Sandstone MN

#21 Oct 15, 2009
If he had been driving a Prius would he still be alive?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Story Paige Taylor East May '17 Damaneast1973 1
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Ted Cruz Sex Scandal Confirmed by Washington Times (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 so you know 1
News Man accused of trying to meet underage girl for... (Nov '11) Nov '15 Ruppert 3
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Wondering 13
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Phil Late ist 12

Menomonie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menomonie Mortgages