Woman accused of firing gun in downtown Menomonie

There are 10 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 25, 2009, titled Woman accused of firing gun in downtown Menomonie. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Menomonie woman facing a felony citation of recklessly endangering safety for allegedly firing a .22-caliber handgun in downtown Menomonie early Saturday is scheduled to make an initial appearance today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Migz420

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Aug 25, 2009
This is almost the exact same thing Plaxico Burress is going to be serving two years in prison for. Black Man in New York: 2 years in prison. Small Town White Girl: I'd guess some community service and probation.

I don't normally throw race out in these cases, but there's a bigtime double standard on the horizon.
Pretty Boy

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Aug 25, 2009
Why is this news, it's just a normal night in Dodge City, WI

“Who, me?”

Since: Jun 08

Amery

#23 Aug 25, 2009
Migz420 wrote:
This is almost the exact same thing Plaxico Burress is going to be serving two years in prison for. Black Man in New York: 2 years in prison. Small Town White Girl: I'd guess some community service and probation.
I don't normally throw race out in these cases, but there's a bigtime double standard on the horizon.
I sort of agree with you.
One main difference is:
in NYC, you need a license to OWN a gun, which Plaxico did not have.
In Wi, you can own a gun, but not carry it or fire it off.(except for under certian circumstances)
Her having the gun in her vehicle was only a violation because it was loaded.

So, while I agree that she will most likely get off way to easy, there were a few crucial differences in the 2 cases.
Phil

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Aug 25, 2009
They're always either looking for rwork or turning their life around!
Mer

United States

#25 Aug 25, 2009
Too bad there isn't a picture of this woman. I bet she looks like a winner!
Numbskulls

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Aug 25, 2009
Mark wrote:
You are the smart one, stay away from us dum sconie hillbillies cuz us Wisconsin Hillbillies seek out those vehicles with Minnesota plates, as there are so many of them come across the bridges, and we hunt 'em down and feed 'em road kill stew. Now that we know who you are you can't hide no more. FOOL!
<quoted text>
Hit a nerve I see.
Mark

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Aug 26, 2009
Oh I bet you normally throw race whenever possible. You are comparing two different states, and what sort of record does your hero Plaxico Burress have? There are circumstances that you clearly omit to spew your race baiting comment.
Migz420 wrote:
Mark

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Aug 26, 2009
No sir: You just flew the stupid flag, and you are still a fool as your name implies.
Numbskulls wrote:
<quoted text>
Hit a nerve I see.
Bootsontheroad

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Aug 26, 2009
Migz420 wrote:
I tis two different states. Therefore, In NY: 2 years in prison. In WI: unknown at this time.

Yes you were trying to make a statement about race or was it about pro athletes. either way you failed.
So whats going on

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Aug 28, 2009
Where is the outrage? Well I guess its perfectly normal for a whitey to do these things. Only interesting when its a colored person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Apr 16 BOO BOB 12
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Toad on the Road 9
News White Lake, Elcho hire school chief (Jun '08) Feb '15 Dissapointed 27
Debate: Gay Marriage - Spring Valley, WI (Jan '12) Jan '15 Brian_G 4
who is Sterling Lehrke? I heard she's hot now. Jan '15 lookin4hotchicks 1
Who do you support for Dunn County Sheriff? (Jul '14) Jul '14 killroy 3
News New Information: Crews continue search of Taint... (Jul '14) Jul '14 jjstone 1
More from around the web

Menomonie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]