Woman accused of firing gun in downto...

Woman accused of firing gun in downtown Menomonie

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 25, 2009, titled Woman accused of firing gun in downtown Menomonie. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Menomonie woman facing a felony citation of recklessly endangering safety for allegedly firing a .22-caliber handgun in downtown Menomonie early Saturday is scheduled to make an initial appearance today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mmm

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Aug 25, 2009
Why was the child services not called in?
Former Eastsider

Eden Prairie, MN

#2 Aug 25, 2009
If she is unemployed and looking for work, I don't think they do job interviews at 2:00 A.M. Furthermore, if she is unemployed what is she doing spending money in the bar. More outstanding social programs that we taxpayers pay for.
Tesha

Madison, WI

#3 Aug 25, 2009
If this woman has 5 kids and living in a homeless shelter.. why is she going to the bar in the first place? Ridiculous.
Numbskulls

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Aug 25, 2009
Alcohol was believed to be a factor? Ha, ha, ha, ha........of course it was a factor, another drunk sconnie broad gone berserk. Watch out in these smaller towns, what with drugs, internet, satellite tv, these hillbillies know all the bad behaviors and act out. I'm as careful in these smaller towns as I am in the crap areas of Mpls. Just look straight ahead, mind my own business, don't talk to anyone, and get the hell out as fast as I can.
Mr T

Cumberland, WI

#5 Aug 25, 2009
This woman has an extensive record of contacts with law enforcement. She apparently is playing the system and is using her "poor single mother with 5 children situation" to always remain free and available for more public services. It is quite evident that she is not a good mother. She should lose her parental rights and her children should be put up for adoption by someone who really can give her kids what they deserve. Homeless shelters have become a refuge for the people in our society that are irresponsible, reckless, and very street-wise in knowing how to use the system.
jjc

Aurora, CO

#6 Aug 25, 2009
Homeless shelter, 5 kids, drunk and a gun... nice....
Scooby_Snack

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Aug 25, 2009
Five kids,single, unemployed, living in a homeless shelter, gun, booze, all the makings for something very horrible. Good thing she got caught with the gun before somebody got hurt.
Mark

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Aug 25, 2009
You are the smart one, stay away from us dum sconie hillbillies cuz us Wisconsin Hillbillies seek out those vehicles with Minnesota plates, as there are so many of them come across the bridges, and we hunt 'em down and feed 'em road kill stew. Now that we know who you are you can't hide no more. FOOL!
Numbskulls wrote:
Alcohol was believed to be a factor? Ha, ha, ha, ha........of course it was a factor, another drunk sconnie broad gone berserk. Watch out in these smaller towns, what with drugs, internet, satellite tv, these hillbillies know all the bad behaviors and act out. I'm as careful in these smaller towns as I am in the crap areas of Mpls. Just look straight ahead, mind my own business, don't talk to anyone, and get the hell out as fast as I can.
Mark

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Aug 25, 2009
Wouldn't you given those circumstances?
Tesha wrote:
If this woman has 5 kids and living in a homeless shelter.. why is she going to the bar in the first place? Ridiculous.
Bootsontheroad

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Aug 25, 2009
I'm loving it.Officer sees the woman put the weapon in her sweat shirt but it is found in the van.
But the spent rounds are found in the sweatshirt.

Some one does not have their stuff wired tight.

“Who, me?”

Since: Jun 08

Amery

#11 Aug 25, 2009
Reading about this woman, I can understand why some animals eat their young.
Javier

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Aug 25, 2009
$200 bond!? Wow, they're serious about gun shooting crimes in WI.
Bull Winkle

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Aug 25, 2009
sober up will ya
St Paulie

Manchester, CT

#14 Aug 25, 2009
Now I'm not an expert on the criminal justice system, but what exactly is a signature bond? And why was she released? Drunk and discharging a weapon in a public place and you release her to go back to her kids? I think it's pretty obvious that something has gone terribly wrong here and that the kids need to be removed from her supervision. Wonder who was watching the kids while she was out playing with guns?
veronica

Walker, MN

#15 Aug 25, 2009
These are the kind of people who are ruining it for those people who really need our help. Take away her kids permanently and never let her get welfare again.
jeffery w

Walker, MN

#16 Aug 25, 2009
St Paulie wrote:
Now I'm not an expert on the criminal justice system, but what exactly is a signature bond? And why was she released? Drunk and discharging a weapon in a public place and you release her to go back to her kids? I think it's pretty obvious that something has gone terribly wrong here and that the kids need to be removed from her supervision. Wonder who was watching the kids while she was out playing with guns?
She is probably a conservative who just "happened" to be wearing her gun when she went to the bar.
Justin

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Aug 25, 2009
jeffery w wrote:
<quoted text>
She is probably a conservative who just "happened" to be wearing her gun when she went to the bar.
No conservative would carry a .22, put it in her shirt, or fire it without killing something. If the headlines read "drunk Wi woman fires .357 and kills pigeon for fun" then I might think conservative.
14justice

Winnebago, IL

#18 Aug 25, 2009
So who does the gun belong to? WI doesn't have concealed carry laws...
The Big Bopper

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Aug 25, 2009
Pistol Packin' Mamma, lay that pistol down!

“Who, me?”

Since: Jun 08

Amery

#20 Aug 25, 2009
14justice wrote:
So who does the gun belong to? WI doesn't have concealed carry laws...
Yes we do.
The law says, "it's illegal to carry a concealed weapon".

I know...not what you meant, but, I couldn't help myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Story Paige Taylor East May '17 Damaneast1973 1
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Ted Cruz Sex Scandal Confirmed by Washington Times (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 so you know 1
News Man accused of trying to meet underage girl for... (Nov '11) Nov '15 Ruppert 3
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Wondering 13
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Phil Late ist 12

Menomonie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menomonie Mortgages