The Highfalutin . . . Amusements? / The hard drive's a mess - l...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Reports Christy of Menomonie, Wis.: "Our main PC's hard drive was in the shop for one week, to cure it of its viruses.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
That Sharon in Houston

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Christie of Menomonie: ask a computer dweeb to show you how to do a wipe and reload on your computer, or look it up on line for your specific computer system. The first time mine got hellatious viruses and it cost me over $300 to fix it, just to get reinfected a few months later. Then I learned how to do a reload myself. It takes a few hours but it doesn't have to leave your house, and it's free. Also, be sure you have a good antivirus program. I have been using WebRoot Antivirus and have had no problems in a long time.
SpaceCowboy

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

Just an addition. Anyone with Comcast can use Macafee for free.

If that doesn't work then "Reset to factory settings" works well. As long as you don't have anything important saved on the hard drive.

And if that doesn't work. Hammer 3.2 works wonders.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Menomonie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Menomonie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••