St. Croix Falls woman pleads guilty t...

St. Croix Falls woman pleads guilty to 13th drunken driving off...

There are 23 comments on the story from Nov 12, 2009, titled St. Croix Falls woman pleads guilty to 13th drunken driving off.... In it, reports that:

A former Menomonie, Wis., woman, recently sentenced to prison for violating extended supervision conditions of her 12th drunken driving conviction, pleaded guilty recently in Barron County Court to her 13th offense.

Join the discussion below, or

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frank Ryan

Gurnee, IL

#21 Mar 28, 2010
I wonder if this woman is dealing with mental health issues as well as serious alcohol problems. If so, both illnesses need to be identified and treated. There's no question she's a danger to society and should not be driving. But it sounds like she also needs treatment, and it ought to be provided. There's always a chance, often a good chance, that proper treatment can bring recovery and safety on the roads. Name-calling and dumb-ass comments about Wisconsin and Minnesota aren't helpful. Let's all, including me, use our heads and treat people who need it.
M erson BooZer

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Mar 28, 2010
There is a cure for her, unfortunately, Dr. Kevorkien is no longer in practice.
Cushing Man

Luck, WI

#23 Jun 8, 2010
Funny thing, they treat a person driving without a license that lost it over a fine (not related to a DWI) more harshly then a DWI.
The NON-Alcohol related driving with out a license will face JAIL & FINE.
The DWI offender will get a smaller fine & have to go to some classes & maybe waste the time of people in AA by sitting in there meetings & taking time from people that are there AND WANT help.
I'm a speeder. I live in the country & drive to the cities a lot & like most making the long boring drive, I speed. I get about a speeding ticket a year. I take them all to court in hopes of a plea bargain (I rarely ever get a break, but it worth a try). So I get to spend a day in court watching the other cases.
Most parking, expired tabs, & non-alcohol related driving offences will get a harsher punishment then thieves, prostitutes, drug dealers/possessions, assaulters DWI’s
They give DWI offenders classes instead of jail time, they get breaks & they will keep taking a chance, because the consequences are not scary enough to detour them.

How about this to start
First DWI/DUI you are put on Antabuse for 5 years & serve NO LESS THEN 90 days in jail & pay NO LESS THEN $1,000.00 fines. NO EXCEPTIONS !
(Antabuse is a drug that makes you violently ill when you try & drink alcohol.)
Second DWI/DUI you are put on Antabuse FOR LIFE & serve NO LESS THEN 1 year in jail & pay NO LESS THEN $5,000.00 in fines. NO EXCEPTIONS !
AUTOMATIC 10 years in prison if you find a way to get the Antabuse implant out of you !
Third or more DWI/DUI NO LESS THEN 20 years, NO EXCEPTIONS !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Correctional officer convicted lawsuit follows Dec '17 Hawk 1
News 2 men, 1 woman arrested in Menomonie meth inves... (Jul '10) Oct '17 Rick s Buttkiss 18
Looking for Story Paige Taylor East (May '17) May '17 Damaneast1973 1
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Ted Cruz Sex Scandal Confirmed by Washington Times (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 so you know 1
News Man accused of trying to meet underage girl for... (Nov '11) Nov '15 Ruppert 3

Menomonie Jobs

Personal Finance

Menomonie Mortgages