Fridley camp counselor caught in Meno...

Fridley camp counselor caught in Menomonie sex sting

There are 28 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 23, 2010, titled Fridley camp counselor caught in Menomonie sex sting. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A preliminary hearing is scheduled Monday for a 20-year-old suburban Minneapolis man charged with two felonies stemming from his attempt to meet a 15-year-old girl for sex earlier this week in Menomonie, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gunthrr Toody

United States

#24 Nov 26, 2010
"Casterated??"
You want his rollers off his table legs?
CamelTow wrote:
<quoted text>
wierd? did you actually READ the whole article?..yea, I'd say he's guilty and should be casterated..........you apparantly must not have a daughter or you would probably understand a little better......
american

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Nov 26, 2010
If only this guy been a white man, he would won't be doing this stupid stuff.
anon

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Nov 27, 2010
Our justice system is unbelievable, he would have gotten far less time for actually murdering her than just using a computer to try to have sex with her, bizzare. And 15 year olds may not be adults, but they surely old enough to know if they want to have sex or not. Oh and isn't logging in to a Skype account that isn't yours a crime, and can you really convict someone for trying to have sex with a 45 year old man pretending to be a 15 year old girl?
Chubbz

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Nov 29, 2010
I personally know the accused, he is the brother of my best friend.

While I do not agree with his choice of actually attempting to go through with it, I think it's a load of @#$% that it's legal for the police to go and pretend to be someone else and entice him to do this.

I also want to make clear that he did not go to meet the girl that he had met at camp, he went to meet "her friend" which was really just the cop saying it was "her friend". I feel that Justin was wronged more than any wrong he did or would have done if he were to have had relations with someone that young. It angers me that the police are allowed to fool people into being arrested like this.

I just wanted to say that knowing him, I know what a good guy he is. We all make mistakes, and so does he, this doesn't make him any less of a person, this doesn't make him a bad person. This guy is like a brother to me, so before you go bashing him and saying bad things about him, think about how you would feel if this was your brother being wronged in such a way.
Chubbz

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Nov 29, 2010
american wrote:
If only this guy been a white man, he would won't be doing this stupid stuff.
He is white. Know what you are talking about for you say something.
Linda

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Jan 19, 2011
I think they're treating this case harshly because he was a camp counselor. That makes him a person of authority over the girl. To me its not strange that twenty year olds might have a fifteen year old girlfriend. However, twenty year olds are often camp counselors to teenagers. Its just wrong that they could use their position to pick up young girls.
Chubbz

Minneapolis, MN

#31 Jan 19, 2011
Linda wrote:
I think they're treating this case harshly because he was a camp counselor. That makes him a person of authority over the girl. To me its not strange that twenty year olds might have a fifteen year old girlfriend. However, twenty year olds are often camp counselors to teenagers. Its just wrong that they could use their position to pick up young girls.
What you and some others aren't understanding is that he did not pick up a girl he met at camp. He was talking to her. The parents didn't like it and got the police involved, the police then posed as the girl from camp's friend. The police literally made a Facebook account, it seems to me they went pretty far to catch him for something that wasn't even a crime.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#32 Feb 12, 2011
Chubbz wrote:
I personally know the accused, he is the brother of my best friend.
While I do not agree with his choice of actually attempting to go through with it, I think it's a load of @#$% that it's legal for the police to go and pretend to be someone else and entice him to do this.
I also want to make clear that he did not go to meet the girl that he had met at camp, he went to meet "her friend" which was really just the cop saying it was "her friend". I feel that Justin was wronged more than any wrong he did or would have done if he were to have had relations with someone that young. It angers me that the police are allowed to fool people into being arrested like this.
I just wanted to say that knowing him, I know what a good guy he is. We all make mistakes, and so does he, this doesn't make him any less of a person, this doesn't make him a bad person. This guy is like a brother to me, so before you go bashing him and saying bad things about him, think about how you would feel if this was your brother being wronged in such a way.
I also knew Justin. However, you and I have completely different opinions of him. He has a history of sexually violent behavior, myself being a survivor. There is a police report to back it up. So I'm sorry, he was not the one who was wronged, he just got a little taste of the justice he deserves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Ted Cruz Sex Scandal Confirmed by Washington Times (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 so you know 1
News Man accused of trying to meet underage girl for... (Nov '11) Nov '15 Ruppert 3
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Wondering 13
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Phil Late ist 12
who is Sterling Lehrke? I heard she's hot now. (Jan '15) Jan '15 lookin4hotchicks 1

Menomonie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menomonie Mortgages