Failing Schools Report

Failing Schools Report

There are 7 comments on the Fox6 story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Failing Schools Report. In it, Fox6 reports that:

Tens of thousands of Milwaukee children have been "left behind". Several schools in the Milwaukee Public School District received a failing grade from the federal government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

colleen

Franklin, WI

#1 Jun 9, 2010
My daughter is in middle school. Most every day she talks about the challenge teachers have with kids. Behaviors that some kids display are mind blowing. Her impression is that kids don't take learning serious. Also the challenges teachers have, working more with the disabled in the class room creates more challenge for the teachers. As a parent seeing and hearing all this I am not suprised by some schools not meeting the grade. People are not going into education as a career feeling there more social workers then teachers. I have noticed in the school that my daughter attends, kids that are disruptive or problematic, are very much like their parents.
Anjl

Mukwonago, WI

#2 Jun 9, 2010
I feel so bad for teachers these days. The kids have no respect, they are rude, and think school is a joke. I feel sorry for the kids that are there and are really trying but get the shaft because other kids in the class act like a bunch of fools. I live in Milwaukee and refuse to send my kids to MPS!!! Colleen you are so right about like parents like kids, it is so sad but the truth.
Irish

Milwaukee, WI

#3 Jun 9, 2010
We can not afford another batch of uneducated people. These children are a product of their parents. The profile of the student is usually high tardiness, high absentees, temper tantrums, talks back has no respect for peers or adults, does not allow teacher class time interupts classroom daily and parent has a cell phone but gives the school non-working numbers, because they don't mwant to be bothered with calls and if you get a hold of them it is everyone elses fault and you are a racist. this is k4-5th grade. Can you imagine middle-high school?
saegers2 at aol com

Thiensville, WI

#4 Jun 9, 2010
student at solom alternative hs will not be allowed to participate in graduating activities principle tells student 2 days before event although student was told she would be able to participate by her counselor the principle resinded the promise because of incident occurring before prom and student should have been told then of the plan to not let her walk accross the stage is this honorable of mps is this school unable to handle the alternative type students. miss gwen who is the principle of this school was this a decision made because it is an easy fix for you. will be contacting the school board to ask why you say one thing and do something different this is a nice thing to teach our kids
Chaz Redstone

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Jun 9, 2010
"No Child Left Behind Act" ....Thanks George Bush,…Worked well didn't it. We are so fare behind the rest of the world, and it’s just a travesty.
tired parent

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Jun 9, 2010
My daughter was top of her class all 12 years at MPS. Now she struggles in College and was told she is the typical product of MPS
Susan

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Jun 10, 2010
saegers2 at aol com wrote:
student at solom alternative hs will not be allowed to participate in graduating activities principle tells student 2 days before event although student was told she would be able to participate by her counselor the principle resinded the promise because of incident occurring before prom and student should have been told then of the plan to not let her walk accross the stage is this honorable of mps is this school unable to handle the alternative type students. miss gwen who is the principle of this school was this a decision made because it is an easy fix for you. will be contacting the school board to ask why you say one thing and do something different this is a nice thing to teach our kids
I can see you were left behind as well....moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonee Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Cabinet Mania of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Mar '16) Fri dennis d 82
News FOX6 Investigators: The Price of Justice (Nov '09) Jan 15 TheMilwaukeeRoad 32
As shit-hole places go... Jan 15 TheMilwaukeeRoad 1
News Milwaukee Health Dept. 'Failed to Ensure Adequa... Jan 13 Milwaukee 1
Review: Premier Real Estate Management (Jun '10) Jan 13 Jendolphin2018 7
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Jan 11 Lchampagne43 23
Prostitutes flying signs Jan 11 Rufus 4

Menomonee Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menomonee Falls Mortgages