Man Charged With Raping His Own Wife From The Time She Was 12-Years-Old

Full story: Fox6

A Milwaukee man is accused of raping his wife over a span of 17 years. According to court documents, the Hmong man bought his wife from her parents when she was 12 and forced her into a Hmong marriage ceremony.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
vang

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

Judged:

I feel this is non of the police business. what we do is our business. i feel that your law of a woman calling the police and they come right away is not fair. they can lie that the husband try to kill them and the police come right away. but if the husband call that their wife is trying to kill them or beat them up the man still get arrested. that is a bunch of bs. what our hmong do is our culture and not the police business. what you do is your business and what we do is our business and how we handle our culture is our business. with your bs rules and law that's why all of the woman are killing the husband and dating you american and that is a bunch of bs law. the usa has a bs law. too much freedom for woman thats why there is no respect for each other.

“Moe”

Since: Nov 07

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

Judged:

Slow down "vang"!

>>what our hmong do is our culture and not the police business. what you do is your business and what we do is our business and how we handle our culture is our business.<<

Your forgetting one thing 'vany, your in our country now. You go by our laws or go back to your country and live by your laws! If an American goes to your country, we have to abey your laws.....thats just the way it goes.

Any me being a women, if I say "no" to my husband, I mean NO! He has no busness to take what it MINE!
reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

I disagree with what on the media about hmong man bought their wife from their parent in-law cause wedding is a wedding not a game each different nationality has it own culture. When it culture is done in between a couple it can be name husband and wife. When husband and wife it can not be call a raped
No Knowledge

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

reader wrote:
I disagree with what on the media about hmong man bought their wife from their parent in-law cause wedding is a wedding not a game each different nationality has it own culture. When it culture is done in between a couple it can be name husband and wife. When husband and wife it can not be call a raped
Wow, you must be on some good crack.
mystery

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

One thing is that why would you call this rape after 17 years of happening? At the time of the marriage if his wife disagreed she had the right to disagree on the marriage. Obviously she must have wanted something out of the marriage for her to follow through. Now that she probably has a plan for her future with someone and she plan for this to happen to her husband . No one knows the truth but one thing is that you Americans need to look at this from both side of the story. Look at how many kids they have , if she didn't want him and it was rape she would have never let him know that she was having his kids. If he is at fault then her parents should be at fault just the same because it was them who saw money more important than there child at the time.
No Knowledge

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

key words are "12 years old", "bought" and "forced" She basically didnt have a say. Something like that apparently is ok in their country, but not in the US so guess what, since your in our country, its not appropriate. I do agree his parents should be at fault to, but once again, this practice in their country seems to be ok
Cindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Judged:

"key words are "12 years old", "bought" and "forced" She basically didnt have a say. Something like that apparently is ok in their country, but not in the US so guess what, since your in our country, its not appropriate. I do agree his parents should be at fault to, but once again, this practice in their country seems to be ok "

ok..ok.. yes thats true but this marriage has lasted for 17 years... it now includes their childrens and both the communities.. and if it was soo wronged it wouldn't had last this LONG.. as i see it she wasn't getting what she wanted out of the marriage and file for divorice...yes thats explainable but when she wasn't happy with the result she accused him of RAPE.. how can someone do that, to someone whos cared and fathered her childrens for over 17 years?? and if this was her plan why couldnt she come out sooner when the beating accured and when the rapes accured?? there was bound to be times where she could of left or called the police but she didnt...she stuck with him... theres no evidence that he did this to her all 17 years... and really theres no evidence at all to take it to this extrem... so as i look at this, this is just a divorce that didnt go her way
Two Sides

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Sounds like the wife has reached full assimilation.
hmong woman

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Judged:

She had a choice to say no at the wedding and walk out anytime during the marriage and he couldnt do anything about. If she was rape.. how come she didnt say a thing until 17yrs and 6kids later.. yes we are Hmong but we are 1st Americans if she was rape she should have reported the day she gave birth to the kid or went in for doctor check ups. was 911 to hard to dial or the police to far to reach..if she was sold who's fault is that.. his or her parents.. if she was raped wouldnt she had put up a fight? wouldnt she have bruises wouldnt his or her family question them..honestly the PARENTS should be locked up for selling their kid. if they said no.. there's no way he could have taken(married) her.. i'm sorry.. but this woman is abusing the law against this man.. what is done is done.. but she/her family is Hmong & what ever religion we chose to follow..KARMA still do exist.. what goes around comes around.. PARENTS ARE GUILTY FOR SELLING THEIR DAUGHTER.. ISNT THAT AGAINST AMERICAN LAW TO SELL A PERSON IN THE UNITED STATES. WHY IS SHE ONLY PRESSING CHARGES AGAINST HIM AND NOT HER PARENTS? IF HE IS GUILTY, HER PARENTS SHOULD BE RIGHT ALONG NEXT TO HIM. THEY FINIALIZED THE DEAL N SOLD HER OFF.
Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

vang wrote:
I feel this is non of the police business. what we do is our business. i feel that your law of a woman calling the police and they come right away is not fair. they can lie that the husband try to kill them and the police come right away. but if the husband call that their wife is trying to kill them or beat them up the man still get arrested. that is a bunch of bs. what our hmong do is our culture and not the police business. what you do is your business and what we do is our business and how we handle our culture is our business. with your bs rules and law that's why all of the woman are killing the husband and dating you american and that is a bunch of bs law. the usa has a bs law. too much freedom for woman thats why there is no respect for each other.
No One is keeping you here and you have the right to leave the USA and go live in any country you choose.
Questions

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

The phrase statutory rape is a term used in some legal jurisdictions to describe sexual relations that occur when one participant is below the age required to legally consent to the behavior.

So tell me again why its not rape??????
Peter Yang

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Judged:

It is a law in America no one shouldn't married under 18 years of age,but some American already broke the law have sex under age and no one go to jail for 116 years as Tha Yeng Laos yet. Tha Yeng Lao will go to jail for 116 years of his married with his wife under age of 12. The hmong people culture not Tha Yeng the only one married understand age. If you are not happy for the justice of Tha Yeng will go jail 116 years by 2/16/2010 contect Hmon communityMilwaukee,Wisconsin
Seriously

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Judged:

Peter Yang wrote:
It is a law in America no one shouldn't married under 18 years of age,but some American already broke the law have sex under age and no one go to jail for 116 years as Tha Yeng Laos yet. Tha Yeng Lao will go to jail for 116 years of his married with his wife under age of 12. The hmong people culture not Tha Yeng the only one married understand age. If you are not happy for the justice of Tha Yeng will go jail 116 years by 2/16/2010 contect Hmon communityMilwaukee,Wisconsin
Dude, are you speaking english???
unknown

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

How can a 12 year girl even have the right mind to get married. They are suppose to be living their childhood in peace not worring about a man to take care of, meaning cooking, cleaning, and pleasuring him. Wow I dont think this is right in gods eyes so im glad that man is charged. No one can give that childhood back to her or her virginity (no offense). By the way, just asking what would make a parent give their daughter up at such a young age?
OldObie

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Its their culture, the woman has little value and was "forced" into the marriage by her parents who have taught her that she is "less" than a man and must do as he says or she and her parents lose "face."
I agree that now that the Hmong are in the US they need to abide by US laws. I notice the same argument is being used by the Musulm's when it comes to "honor" killings. They also say it's our custom/culture so its OK. Sorry, but in the US it's NOT OK!
Know more than you

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Judged:

Okay, first off you dont know much information to be writing down stupid comments. If they were married in the USA then it is the guys fault and parents fault for allowing such crime. If it was done in the USA *when they got married* should could had say no. But I have to say this probably happen when they were in Thailand they got married and came to the USA. so that is so OLD news he cannot be charged if they were married before coming to USA. This woman now probably got tired of the same guy and want someone new so she got a idea put him in jail and get re-married to someone else... and yes the Mother is also helping her so this means her Mother wants more money from another man and his family and then 17 year later LOL when she is like 50 year old... haha again again ain .. watever

“I'm a Conservative Liberal”

Since: Mar 08

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Judged:

mystery wrote:
One thing is that why would you call this rape after 17 years of happening? At the time of the marriage if his wife disagreed she had the right to disagree on the marriage. Obviously she must have wanted something out of the marriage for her to follow through. Now that she probably has a plan for her future with someone and she plan for this to happen to her husband . No one knows the truth but one thing is that you Americans need to look at this from both side of the story. Look at how many kids they have , if she didn't want him and it was rape she would have never let him know that she was having his kids. If he is at fault then her parents should be at fault just the same because it was them who saw money more important than there child at the time.
OBVIOUSLY the pedophile/rapist will have his time in court to prove he's innocent. His parents aren't on trial, he is.

Dang, you people really need to read what the laws in this country are. We are a "republic" (not democracy) that is governed by laws. Ignorance of those laws is no excuse for violating them. You should have read the fine print when ya moved here.

I hope the pedo/rapist spends the rest of his life in prison.
Free Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

Kathy Moe wrote:
Slow down "vang"!
>>what our hmong do is our culture and not the police business. what you do is your business and what we do is our business and how we handle our culture is our business.<<
Your forgetting one thing 'vany, your in our country now. You go by our laws or go back to your country and live by your laws! If an American goes to your country, we have to abey your laws.....thats just the way it goes.
Any me being a women, if I say "no" to my husband, I mean NO! He has no busness to take what it MINE!
Just want to point out that this ain't your country and your laws.
Milw Dude

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

OldObie wrote:
Its their culture, the woman has little value and was "forced" into the marriage by her parents who have taught her that she is "less" than a man and must do as he says or she and her parents lose "face."
I agree that now that the Hmong are in the US they need to abide by US laws. I notice the same argument is being used by the Musulm's when it comes to "honor" killings. They also say it's our custom/culture so its OK. Sorry, but in the US it's NOT OK!
Nailed it!
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

Judged:

The court records reflect that the Hmong man bought his wife from her parents when she was 12 and FORCED HER INTO A HMONG MARRIAGE CEREMONY....Yes, he should be charged with raping her and for forcing a child into marriage. KEEP THE PEDO'S LOCKED UP AND AWAY FROM OUR CHILDREN.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Menomonee Falls Discussions

Search the Menomonee Falls Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 11 hr TrueWords 6,984
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 18 hr selfridge 451
Wisconsin loves Illegal Immigrants (May '10) 21 hr sadeyes 11
Review: ACT Roofing 23 hr Sebastian 1
African American women's book club supports sis... Sun blacks blow goats 1
Repost- looking for other AAs to join in Helpin... Sat Splendid 1
Violence in Entertainment Brings Violence to th... Jul 18 Culture Auditor 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Menomonee Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000