Store Manager: Family Dollar Store Manager accused of attacking sus...

There are 62 comments on the Fox6 story from Jul 12, 2010, titled Store Manager: Family Dollar Store Manager accused of attacking sus.... In it, Fox6 reports that:

A Family Dollar store manager is arrested for assaulting a suspected shoplifter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

former fd employee

Waukesha, WI

#25 Jul 14, 2010
employees aren't supposed to chase shoplifters out of the store. Especially in most of the neighborhoods thyey are located in. I was threatened with being shot or beaten. My philosophy then became "take what you want and have a nice day. FD doesn't give any of their stores enough payroll dollars to adequately staff them. Usually there is a manager and MAYBE one additional person as a cashier. The company EXPECTS a high theft rate. They also assume that ALL employees steal. Nice place to work, well, maybe not so much
SHOPLIFTER JUSTICE

Fall River, WI

#26 Jul 14, 2010
THIS WEEKEND THERE WAS A NEWS STORY FROM CHINA THAT THEY EXECUTED TWO STORE EMPLOYEES FOR SELLING A PRODUCT THAT WAS KNOWN TO KILL PEOPLE IN THE PAST...SOME COUNTRIES STILL CUT OFF YOUR HANDS FOR SHOP LIFTING, OR TORTURE YOU FOR DRIVING DRUNK...I HAVE A NEW RESPECT FOR CHINA..I VOTE WE CUT THE HANDS OFF OF SHOPLIFTERS...ANYONE SECOND THIS??
SHOPLIFTER JUSTICE

Fall River, WI

#27 Jul 14, 2010
AS A MATTER OF FACT IF THIS INDIVIDUAL GETS FIRED I WILL HIRE HIM TO OPERATE ONE OF MY STORES. I GUARANTEE HE WILL NOT BE OUT OF WORK. THIS INDIVIDUAL IS A TRUE HERO, AND A BENEFIT TO OUR SOCIETY.
Abby

Madison, WI

#28 Jul 14, 2010
You may have to wait until he serves his jail time, at the rate these lenient judges are going, he will only get a slap in the hand. They may not allow him to work in retail sales again. If I was store owner, I won't hire him, because he is too much of a liability, because he would always go after suspected shoplifters with a knife and cutting them up instead of following proper procedures. If the suspected shoplifter is really innocent, it opens up lawsuits for the store that it might not be able to afford. Or the store will jack up the prices to cover the expense of the lawsuit, and there will be more real shoplifting. One big circle it will cause, if this man is allowed to continue to be employed in retail sales. Not only that, customers will not be comfortable shopping at that store, because they would be afraid of him, because they would think he would come after them, if he thought they were stealing. The customers would then take their business else where, and you would go out of business for lack of business. That guy is simply not worth it.
Ashley

Madison, WI

#33 Jul 15, 2010
Giggety, you should also have ask Freddy how many brain cells he has left in his head. Apparently not many. There are many blacks out there that are honest and hardworking and have made it out of the bad neighborhoods. It is people like Freddy who try to keep them there. Freddy better hope that he never gets shot or into a serious car accident and is taken to the hospital where the ER doctor is black. Then he might actually owe his life to a black person, that he thinks are scum.
Anonymous

Jamaica, NY

#34 Jul 15, 2010
Ashley wrote:
Giggety, you should also have ask Freddy how many brain cells he has left in his head. Apparently not many. There are many blacks out there that are honest and hardworking and have made it out of the bad neighborhoods. It is people like Freddy who try to keep them there. Freddy better hope that he never gets shot or into a serious car accident and is taken to the hospital where the ER doctor is black. Then he might actually owe his life to a black person, that he thinks are scum.
Agreed Ashley - Freddy probably sits at home in his trailer collecting government aid and trolling around the internet putting down blacks regardless of their backgrounds. According to the story, she wasn't shoplifting but got cut anyway. People like the store owner and Freddy are a danger to others and need to be separated from society!
Anonymous

Jamaica, NY

#35 Jul 15, 2010
Penny wrote:
Stupid shoplifter got what they deserved. Should have shot her sorry ****
She wasn't shoplifting you stupid ass. Maybe they should shoot at her, miss her intentionally and get you instead!!!
Anonymous

Jamaica, NY

#36 Jul 15, 2010
SHOPLIFTER JUSTICE wrote:
AS A MATTER OF FACT IF THIS INDIVIDUAL GETS FIRED I WILL HIRE HIM TO OPERATE ONE OF MY STORES. I GUARANTEE HE WILL NOT BE OUT OF WORK. THIS INDIVIDUAL IS A TRUE HERO, AND A BENEFIT TO OUR SOCIETY.
Another loser...you wasn't shoplifting!!! Do you know how to read or did you not make it past the 3rd grade?
Anonymous

Jamaica, NY

#37 Jul 15, 2010
loser wrote:
I don't understand why the police ave to arrest the store manager for what? I think that the stealer should be sent one way out from this earth. In milwukee here, there are too many crimes. I personally know some store owner has been kill by stealer. If the thief has their way like this, they would come and steal some more. I think we should not pay any more tax for the city of milwaukee. Police and thief are blood brotherhood now.
According to your rationale fool, then we should shoot all teachers for the few that have sex with teenage boys. If you bothered to read the story, she wasn't shoplifting!
Anonymous

Jamaica, NY

#38 Jul 15, 2010
loulou wrote:
i would of went after her with more than a boxcutter
You could stick her with your wit but I doubt it will do any damage, being as dull as it is! Once again, she wasn't shoplifting!
tiggers

United States

#39 Jul 15, 2010
sue wrote:
Here we go again blame it a the race. I really don't care if your white or minority bottom line is pay for your items. Yes, he should have called the police. But do ANY of you or have any of you worked for Family Dollar?? I know people who have. I don't think it's right that he took it upon himself to chase her but I do understand why. Family Dollar has a HIGH theft rate and at inventory if their losses are to high the managers are let go. The managers/employees can't control the customers actions but they need to have the support from corporate. This company is cheap when it comes to the salaries of their managers/employees. Family Dollar expects a lot from their staff with their hands tied behind their backs. In my eyes you can compare Family Dollar to a third world country business.. They will suck the life out of their management/employees at store level.. With todays economy people do need to work and protect their jobs.(but not with box cutters) Who knows maybe she's been there before and stole and got away with it, he was now watching her. Maybe ALL Family Dollars should put in security cameras that work. Their lost inventory would cover the cost of cameras.. We are always going to have theft out there because not everyone is honest but with a camera you have proof. Family Dollar really needs to look at the whole picture here not just this store this can happen anywhere. The right hand needs to know what the left one is doing.
Could not agree more. I work for them and they r cheap, no protection and yes, the managers and staff can and do get fired if shortage too high i store. Stealing, not stealing, black or white, point is yes he should not of chased her out of store but we do not know if she was or was not stealing. I heard the same, police report says she admitted to theft. managers under too much pressure all the tiem and no support from corporate
Ashley

Madison, WI

#40 Jul 15, 2010
She even showed him that she didn't take anything, and he still cut her. That should be assault with a dangerous weapon. Whoever said that she got a ticket is wrong.
Ashley

Madison, WI

#41 Jul 15, 2010
Tigger, you heard wrong. She said she did NOT take anything, and proved that to the manager before he cut her. Tigger get your facts straight. You are a brainless peon, just like Freddy and Sue.
Ashley

Madison, WI

#42 Jul 15, 2010
If I went into that store, and I pick up an item, to either look at it or to possibly buy it, does that make me a shoplifter? A person can pick up an item with the intent to buy or just to look at it, to see if it is what they want to buy, and NOT be stealing it. Black people have the right to shop in the same places as white people. There white people who shoplift also. If store managers chased out every person, especially blacks, who they think is stealing, even though they are not, they won't have any customers left. They will go else where to shop.
rainbows and unicorns

Milwaukee, WI

#43 Jul 15, 2010
Ashley wrote:
If I went into that store, and I pick up an item, to either look at it or to possibly buy it, does that make me a shoplifter? A person can pick up an item with the intent to buy or just to look at it, to see if it is what they want to buy, and NOT be stealing it. Black people have the right to shop in the same places as white people. There white people who shoplift also. If store managers chased out every person, especially blacks, who they think is stealing, even though they are not, they won't have any customers left. They will go else where to shop.
Thank you for stating the obvious in a very condescending manner.
Milwaukee Resident

Milwaukee, WI

#44 Jul 15, 2010
I live right down the street from this store and they get robbed so many times. I believe he shouldnt have cut her but he had to have been chasing her for some reason? I have met him beofre and he is a great guy and not racist at all. Eye witnesses say she wasnt stealing....but whos to say the eye witnesses werent in on it to?
Bruce V

Racine, WI

#46 Jul 15, 2010
Maybe the manager thought she was reaching in her purse for a weapon when she got cut with a knife.
Giggety

Costa Mesa, CA

#53 Jul 16, 2010
Hey freddy - speak English please - unless you didn't learn how to yet. What language do they speak in the trailer park you live in? Please let us all know if you are planning on appearing the the Jerry Springer Show - I could use a good laugh right about now!!!
Giggety

Costa Mesa, CA

#54 Jul 16, 2010
rainbows and unicorns wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for stating the obvious in a very condescending manner.
Condescending??? I don't think so...you seem to be a little sensitive here. If you read some of the crap by some of the fools on this thread, you'll understand why Ashely is stating the obvious...some people on this thread are too stupid to understand. Check out freddy's comments if you don't believe me!!!
Giggety

Costa Mesa, CA

#55 Jul 16, 2010
freddy wrote:
Sorry, I'm white. Explain that to yo mama.
You may be white freddy, but you're still trailer trash!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonee Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope wants exorcism for Hillary Fri Nicolae 11
McDonalds illegal drugs Thu Ride 6
School Lunch / Michelle Obama Thu Winke 2
News Milwaukee police reveal staggering new crime nu... Thu Teuke 6
News Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Indicted: 27 members of... (Jun '10) May 21 Bavh 47
News FOX6 Investigators: The Price of Justice (Nov '09) May 16 ned 26
Review: Betthausers' Auction Svc (Jul '08) May 12 Bidder 12
More from around the web

Menomonee Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]