Store Manager: Family Dollar Store Manager accused of attacking sus...

Full story: Fox6

A Family Dollar store manager is arrested for assaulting a suspected shoplifter.
Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Oct 7, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Justice 4 all

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

Just close the store.Let em shoplift elsewhere.
John Da Patriot

Burlington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

Stupid and I see a lawsuit in this one! You have to be 110% to be sure a person stole something before detaining them!
loulou

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

i would of went after her with more than a boxcutter
loser

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

I don't understand why the police ave to arrest the store manager for what? I think that the stealer should be sent one way out from this earth. In milwukee here, there are too many crimes. I personally know some store owner has been kill by stealer. If the thief has their way like this, they would come and steal some more. I think we should not pay any more tax for the city of milwaukee. Police and thief are blood brotherhood now.
regina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

so what was so expensive from family dollar that warrant the manager to cut someone???? he deserves to be put in jail for a while so he can sort out the importance of merchandise and human life.
Polar Bear

Oconomowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

You people are missing the point, she didn't steal anything. He just thought she stole something. He attacked an innocent woman. Whether she did or didn't steal anything, all he had to do is grab her and take her back to the store and then call the cops, and they would take care of the situation. He based his assumption that she stole something on her race, not because he actually saw her take something. If a white person had walked in that store and then left the store without buying anything, nothing would have been done. A black person walks in and does the samething, that person is automatically a shoplifter. He deserves to be arrested for attacking her. I hope he gets fired. I won't want to shop at a store that employs a manager who will attack me, if he thinks I stole something.
Janice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

Ridiculous.....just because a person is thought to be shoplifting....they don't deserve to be cut.....afterall, how much can be stolen from Family Dollar? Isn't it ensured anyway?
tiggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

i want to see if anyone knows the girl that was supposedly slashed by the mangr or the girls on news clip....i have info for them
tiggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

know for a fact, managers are never to leave store and apprehend, what the hell is going on.....and stealing or not, you just don't go and take the law into your own hands and slice someone if that wwas the case. not worth it
Polar Bear

Oconomowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

I hope the store offers to pay for her medical expenses and then some. The manager should go to jail for awhile and never work as a store employee again.
Kitten

Mukwonago, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

According to the police report she was cited for shoplifting and admitted to the police she had shoplifted. Has anyone considered the fact that maybe he didnt have a knife and that this was an accident? I've gone into that store many times and seen that he treats all of his customers equally. His staff is very racially diverse, white, black, hispanic...and they have all said he is a great guy and would never do somehting like this. Maybe we should remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty
Doty

Oconomowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

Where does it say that she got cited for shoplifting? I have read and seen the news reports and nothing was said that she actually shoplifted. And besides, there were a few eye witnesses that stated they saw him attack her with a knife. Nothing in store is worth cutting someone up for. If someone is suspected of shoplifting, the proper procedure is to detain suspect if possible, and call the police, not chase after them with a box cutter.
Anonymous

Jamaica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

freddy wrote:
<quoted text> That's why they come to the south side to do it. They already closed everything in the ghetto.
Nice...you racist. What makes you think that they came from the ghetto to shoplift?
sue

De Pere, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

Here we go again blame it a the race. I really don't care if your white or minority bottom line is pay for your items. Yes, he should have called the police. But do ANY of you or have any of you worked for Family Dollar?? I know people who have. I don't think it's right that he took it upon himself to chase her but I do understand why. Family Dollar has a HIGH theft rate and at inventory if their losses are to high the managers are let go. The managers/employees can't control the customers actions but they need to have the support from corporate. This company is cheap when it comes to the salaries of their managers/employees. Family Dollar expects a lot from their staff with their hands tied behind their backs. In my eyes you can compare Family Dollar to a third world country business.. They will suck the life out of their management/employees at store level.. With todays economy people do need to work and protect their jobs.(but not with box cutters) Who knows maybe she's been there before and stole and got away with it, he was now watching her. Maybe ALL Family Dollars should put in security cameras that work. Their lost inventory would cover the cost of cameras.. We are always going to have theft out there because not everyone is honest but with a camera you have proof. Family Dollar really needs to look at the whole picture here not just this store this can happen anywhere. The right hand needs to know what the left one is doing.
Ashley

Oconomowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

People, the story never said she actually stole anything. She even showed him that she didn't steal anything and he still cut her with the box cutter. He should be prosecuted as a hate crime, because he would have done that to a white person. Why do you people turn the story around to suit your comments? Eye witnesses all say that she DID NOT steal anything from the store. She was still in the store when he started to chase her. To steal something, you must actually attempt to leave the store without paying for it. Just because she is black doesn't automatically make her a thief. My daughter use to work part time at a Family Dollar store, and she had no problems at the store she worked at.
Kitten

Mukwonago, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

I think the only racsism going on is against the store manager. he is white in a mostly black neighborhood, ofcourse everyone is going to side against him wihtout knowing all of the facts
Penny

Menomonee Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

Stupid shoplifter got what they deserved. Should have shot her sorry azz
Ashley

Oconomowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

Freddy, just because people don't live in Milwaukee don't mean a thing. You are stereotyping all the people that do live there by the color of their skin and where they live. Not all black people are thieves and killers and drug dealers. The same goes for the people who live in the rougher neighborhoods. There are good and honest people who, for economic reasons, live where they live. So don't be judging them based on their skin color or where they live. Because crime exists everywhere and at every economic level. Even rich white people commit crimes. Just ask Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen.
Ashley

Oconomowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

A person doesn't have to be from Milwaukee to krow what people are like. Not all black people are thieves and killers and drug dealers. The same goes for people that live in the rougher neighborhoods. There are honest and decent people of all color that live there because of economic reasons. Being poor has no racial boundaries.Crime has no racial or economical boundaries either. How many times have you seen company executives being caught embezzeling from their companies, because of greed. And what about Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen who have been arrested for domestic abuse. I am sick and tired of people like Freddy and that store manager who base their assumptions on person's skin color or where they think the people live. God teaches to love one another, not hate each other.
Anonymous

Jamaica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

Ashley wrote:
Freddy, just because people don't live in Milwaukee don't mean a thing. You are stereotyping all the people that do live there by the color of their skin and where they live. Not all black people are thieves and killers and drug dealers. The same goes for the people who live in the rougher neighborhoods. There are good and honest people who, for economic reasons, live where they live. So don't be judging them based on their skin color or where they live. Because crime exists everywhere and at every economic level. Even rich white people commit crimes. Just ask Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen.
Thank you Ashley - you put it a lot nicer than I did (or could have).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Menomonee Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Menomonee Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••