Wisconsin governor fended off recall ...

Wisconsin governor fended off recall with unprecedented funds

There are 66 comments on the Reuters story from Jul 6, 2012, titled Wisconsin governor fended off recall with unprecedented funds. In it, Reuters reports that:

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker raised an unprecedented $37 million since taking office in 2011, most of it spent to stave off a bid to recall him after he enacted curbs on public sector unions last year, according to a filing on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Pull My Finger

West Sayville, NY

#1 Jul 6, 2012
Thank God for capitalism.

Since: Dec 08

Kerrville, TX

#2 Jul 6, 2012
And how many millions did the unions spend?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#3 Jul 6, 2012
sailorman2 wrote:
And how many millions did the unions spend?
Evidently not enough. They need to double or triple government union dues.

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#4 Jul 6, 2012
So? There wasn't a problem with how much more Obama spent in '08 over his opponents. Why so much criticism for Walker?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Jul 6, 2012
We should be a little unnerved by this. As Americans, we have become powerless against those who can secure their seat in government by simply having the most money.

Since: Dec 07

Clermont, Florida

#6 Jul 6, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
We should be a little unnerved by this. As Americans, we have become powerless against those who can secure their seat in government by simply having the most money.
LOL! Believe what you say?

The End of Public Financing

"Republicans have conceded that it looked like the deck was stacked against McCain because of GOP brand problems, the economic meltdown and record dissatisfaction with President Bush. But some believe McCain never had a real shot because of the financial disadvantage. They say the fact Democrats had about $400 million more than Republicans made all the difference and the campaign finance system -- is doomed."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story...

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 6, 2012
Yes indeed...the union loving marxist media hopes everyone forgot their free nationwide coverage of the thousands of marching morons occupying the Wisconsin Capitol. I mean they trashed the place...Even dragging around dumbbell snot nosed kids for the cameras...all for sympathy. Yepper it was a free media free-for-all that Walker Wisconsin Ranger had to kick in the pants...and he did.
America is sick and tired of seeing disgruntled democRats repeatedly acting like filthy self-serving spoiled brats who think the world revolves around them...It's an obamanation.
goose

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 6, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
We should be a little unnerved by this. As Americans, we have become powerless against those who can secure their seat in government by simply having the most money.
You assume the most money wins when the other side wins. Couldn't be the issues at stake.
goose

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 6, 2012
Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Believe what you say?
The End of Public Financing
"Republicans have conceded that it looked like the deck was stacked against McCain because of GOP brand problems, the economic meltdown and record dissatisfaction with President Bush. But some believe McCain never had a real shot because of the financial disadvantage. They say the fact Democrats had about $400 million more than Republicans made all the difference and the campaign finance system -- is doomed."
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story...
That and the fact McCain is a RINO

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#10 Jul 6, 2012
Dear America,
Are you better off now, than you were in 2008.

didn't think so.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#11 Jul 6, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
We should be a little unnerved by this. As Americans, we have become powerless against those who can secure their seat in government by simply having the most money.
EXACTLY what happened in 2008.
but, as we have seen, the folks DO figure it out...
and even faster, when the guy that bought them off can't perform.

bye-bye barry!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#12 Jul 6, 2012



Wisconsin governor fended off recall with unprecedented VOTER SUPPORT!!!!



Yes We Can!!!!


Ha Ha HA!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#13 Jul 6, 2012

Real Americans VOTED to retain the great services and wise stewardship of Governor Scott Walker.


Obama's attempt to sink Wisconsin FAILED.



Since: Nov 08

Paris

#14 Jul 6, 2012
sailorman2 wrote:
And how many millions did the unions spend?
suuuuush, that's buried on page 129 of the NYT's. Reuters is just another liberal hack.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#15 Jul 6, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
We should be a little unnerved by this. As Americans, we have become powerless against those who can secure their seat in government by simply having the most money.
Yep, ask Louis the sixteenth about that and how it worked out for him and Marie.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#17 Jul 6, 2012
I love how the liberals need to find something to cry about even after they were clearly out voted. Add up all of the union money spent on ads, union money spent to collect signatures for the recall, what the free television coverage of the protests and 16 months of ongoing news coverage and what that would be worth, the money spent by Barrett and Falk and it greatly surpasses what Walker spent. It wasn't about money spent on ads it was about money saved by his reforms and the people have spoken.
Gravediggers

United States

#18 Jul 6, 2012
And unions outside of Wisconsin sent million$ and million$ (SQUANDERED your DUES MONIES) for the Wisconsin recall and support of candidates supporting the recall.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#19 Jul 6, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Real Americans VOTED to retain the great services and wise stewardship of Governor Scott Walker.
Obama's attempt to sink Wisconsin FAILED.
The ObamaMachine attempted to sink the Governor and failed. Washington has a very high opinion of itself. It is time for humility.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#20 Jul 6, 2012
This is the Obama Civil War.

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

Bluffton, SC

#21 Jul 6, 2012
It may have been a nice amount of money, but you are fooling yourself if you think that between the unions hard cash and thousands of union workers worth of hours worked, the the unions didn't spend as much or more to try to defeat this man. Their very way of doing business with union dues (hotels, casinos etc. built with union dues and their continued purchase of dem. politicos) is at stake. Their power is at risk and the unions who have not progressed much beyond Tammany Hall days will do whatever it takes to stay in power. I foresee lots of union cheating in the fall election. How many polling places (that go democrat) will post more votes than registered voters this time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonee Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feb. 18 Event: "What do we really know about Is... Mon Marie-Luise_J 18
F - 22 Rapter comes to Pulaski Air Port Sun Amp 1
News Medical College takes step to lessen shortage o... May 22 HumanSpirit 2
News Spending rises in proposed Milwaukee Public Sch... May 20 Moe 2
News FEMA Aid: FEMA to help those with cars damaged ... (Oct '10) May 20 Larry 23
Reliable connect with variety of meds May 20 Jerry 2
News Milwaukee teen birth rate plummets 56% May 20 Jim 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menomonee Falls Mortgages