Why does Wisconsin have such a high rate of African American male incarceration

May 10, 2014 Full story: Weekend 10

As part of a 6-month collaboration, Milwaukee Public Television and WUWM 89.7 FM - Milwaukee Public Radio examine why Wisconsin has such a high rate of African American male incarceration - the highest in the nation.

Full Story
Donny Brook

Bastrop, TX

#1 May 11, 2014
Every crime rate for the State of Wisconsin is far below the national average for that crime, or the group of crime be it a violent crime or a property crimes. And the population in the state is predominantly white with a Black population of 6%.

However, the population of Milwaukee is significant at about 590,000 people with 40% of them Black. The crime rate in Milwaukee is TWICE that of the national average in EVERY CRIME Type in Violent Crimes and TRIPLE the states rates. They are not quite double the national or states rates for property crime. Oh yea, we know who are being picked on.
ShiningElectron

Denver, CO

#2 May 11, 2014
Being black is in and of itself a crime.

It should incur the death penalty in all cases.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3 May 12, 2014
There is a correlation between IQ and senseless random acts of violence. Black IQ average is 85 with 23% coming in at IQ 75 or less. For federal stats google "Black on White Crime."
Stop Livin Da Stereotypes

Westminster, MD

#4 May 12, 2014
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. The thug life ain't no life.

We need more BM graduating from college. A lot more.

But they don't respect education, intelligence, etc. Just money, violence, who is the baddest dawg on da block, etc. They know a lot about b-ball & football but that's about it.

Too many stupid high school dropouts running around with guns shooting each other. Gang banging. Drug trade disputes. 40 shot in Chicago last Easter weekend. No other city in the world can top that,

The herd is definitely getting thinned.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 May 12, 2014
The article didn't answer the question.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#6 May 13, 2014
So what! What drivel. Wisconsin, Washington, DC, Detroit, anywhere, everywhere. Never changes, never will. A positive step would be requiring all of breeding age on public assistance on mandatory birth control program. Would apply to all races.

“Life is just a Moment, njoy it”

Since: Jan 07

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#7 May 14, 2014
Christopher Walker the guy who took out Jeffery Dahmer is one bad dude.
Most of the prison population in Wisconsin are White Men Criminals; who care how many are Black?
Unless you need rating for a media story.
Torrid

Milwaukee, WI

#8 May 15, 2014
Why do you wish to release more murderers and drug dealers and rapists on the streets of Wisconsin like Obama and the Democrats have done already with illegal immigrants. Remember it is the Democrats that have done this to us!

Kip

“Brian's alter ego”

Since: Feb 07

San Francisco, CA

#9 May 15, 2014
Torrid wrote:
Why do you wish to release more murderers and drug dealers and rapists on the streets of Wisconsin like Obama and the Democrats have done already with illegal immigrants. Remember it is the Democrats that have done this to us!
I'm so sick of this:

The Democrats, Obama, and liberals are doing things to us. WAAAHHHH!!!
We are being oppressed and made to grovel for our wages in this repressive regime, WAAHHHH!
I can no longer own a semi automatic gun clip to hold 22 rounds. Oh the torture, the agony, WAAAAAHHH. Life is so hard in America now. I even have to clean my own meth pipes. WAAAHHHHH!!
Now they want to release all the criminals to come get us, WAAAHHHH!!
Toby

Milwaukee, WI

#10 May 15, 2014
sorry Kip the criminals have been released. All the illegal felons have been loosed upon all of us. WAAAHHHHHH! The only ones in prison now are those too broke to get out or are innocent to begin with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonee Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 15 min Cat74 1,691
Brown Deer Music Selection (Aug '12) Feb 21 Musikologist 14
Will you buy Novelty IDs from www.club21ids.com? Feb 17 Tryvone 1
Review: We Buy Electronics Feb 15 Tony Two Tone 2
C&D Technologies - Milwaukee (Jan '14) Feb 15 SZguy 11
Indian Trails Sex Assault: Kenosha teacher char... (May '10) Feb 10 indian trail thots 178
Menomonee Falls Music Selection (Sep '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 11
Menomonee Falls Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Menomonee Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:25 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports12:25PM
Brandon Bostick befriends someone who understands his mistake
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
GB Must Address ILB, but Not Necessarily in 1st Round
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report12:42 PM
Packers Could Target Maualuga or Draft LB to Replace Hawk
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?