West Coast Pigeon Finds Home in Wisconsin

Full story: The Times

A pigeon native to the West Coast has taken roost in western Wisconsin and caused somewhat of a stir among birdwatchers in the state.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Acey

Lutz, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

......um......
Ptchaw

Wonewoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Acey wrote:
......um......
Maybe the bird knows something we don't know. Maybe California is going to fall off into the ocean.
Lawless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

I bet that pigeon is freezing it's tail feathers off!!!
Acey

Lutz, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Ptchaw wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the bird knows something we don't know. Maybe California is going to fall off into the ocean.
Yeah, but the bird flies. So if California fell into the ocean, the bird could just fly over the ocean and laugh.
Ptchaw

Wonewoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Lawless wrote:
I bet that pigeon is freezing it's tail feathers off!!!
Actually it was pretty nice here today 74 was the high. Bout time and the snow is gone.
Ptchaw

Wonewoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Acey wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah, but the bird flies. So if California fell into the ocean, the bird could just fly over the ocean and laugh.
lol you are absolutely right!
Acey

Lutz, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Ptchaw wrote:
<quoted text>lol you are absolutely right!
pretty pathetic that it's the ONE thing I'm right about, though, LOL.
Acey

Lutz, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Ptchaw wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it was pretty nice here today 74 was the high. Bout time and the snow is gone.
wow, 74. I'd kill for that. I'm following the bird there. Here in florida, the high is about 86 or something crazy like that.
Lawless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Acey wrote:
<quoted text>

wow, 74. I'd kill for that. I'm following the bird there. Here in florida, the high is about 86 or something crazy like that.
I'd kill for 86. It's nice here but a little on the breezy cool side. 70's.
Ptchaw

Wonewoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Lawless wrote:
<quoted text>

I'd kill for 86. It's nice here but a little on the breezy cool side. 70's.
74 is good enough for me I like it warm just no humidity though We all had shorts on.
Lawless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Ptchaw wrote:
<quoted text>74 is good enough for me I like it warm just no humidity though We all had shorts on.
A lot of people here were wearing shorts!! I'm a baby. I should live in the desert!!! I like it HOT but I am in love with the shore!! When everyone is suffering, they come here to cool down!(Coastal OC local)
louise

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Lawless wrote:
<quoted text>

A lot of people here were wearing shorts!! I'm a baby. I should live in the desert!!! I like it HOT but I am in love with the shore!! When everyone is suffering, they come here to cool down!(Coastal OC local)
Now you're just making me jealous.It's so cold here i've got permanent corned-beef legs.
Ptchaw

Wonewoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

louise wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're just making me jealous.It's so cold here i've got permanent corned-beef legs.
Well about how cold is it and where in the UK?
Ptchaw

Wonewoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Lawless wrote:
<quoted text>

Nah...the heat could always be turned up or off. Probably wouldn't want to change the scenery either.
Lawless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

louise wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're just making me jealous.It's so cold here i've got permanent corned-beef legs.
I haven't taken my ski jacket off all day!!!! I don't do well in cold climate!!!
louise

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Ptchaw wrote:
<quoted text>Well about how cold is it and where in the UK?
Manchester,9*c(about 48*F)
brrr,my nips are like a pygmy's thumb
Ptchaw

Wonewoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

louise wrote:
<quoted text>Manchester,9*c(about 48*F)
brrr,my nips are like a pygmy's thumb
Is that as cold as it gets? Here that is a welcome warm day in winter. We have polar ice jumps where everyone jumps into the water through the ice. I guess we have nothing better to do when the cabin fever settles in. Its mostly done for a benefit though.
Lawless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2006

Ptchaw wrote:
<quoted text>Is that as cold as it gets? Here that is a welcome warm day in winter. We have polar ice jumps where everyone jumps into the water through the ice. I guess we have nothing better to do when the cabin fever settles in. Its mostly done for a benefit though.
{{{{{{{BRRRRRRRR}}}}}}}}

NO WAY!!!!!! I'd rather get a sunburn! LOL
James

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2006

The pigeon probably just tired of all the gang violence and drug abuse in Cali and just wanted to relocate to a quieter hood and raise snow pigeons.
Acey

Lutz, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2006

James wrote:
The pigeon probably just tired of all the gang violence and drug abuse in Cali and just wanted to relocate to a quieter hood and raise snow pigeons.
Yeah, a hear there's a club for Pigeons Against Gang Violence and Drug Abuse.

If I was a pigeon, I'd totally join it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Menomonee Falls Discussions

Search the Menomonee Falls Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Camco Management Inc (Jun '08) Apr 21 water street lofter 45
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Apr 20 Aaron Salmon 6,899
Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Indicted: 27 members of... (Jun '10) Apr 16 From falling creek 35
Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Apr 16 Tealiban faschists 45
Muslim Taxi Driver Stabbed: Passenger Michael E... (Aug '10) Apr 16 Joey 35
Sendell Jackson erupts in court following judge... (Apr '10) Apr 16 Jody 117
Review: Ross Innovative Employment Solutions Ro... Apr 16 mother 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Menomonee Falls Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Menomonee Falls People Search