Amy Grant shares voice on pages

Oct 17, 2007 Full story: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal 86

Amy Grant and Vince Gill pose for photos after they performed on the NBC "Today" television program in New York's Rockefeller Center Aug. via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Phantom Ghost

Spring, TX

#1 Dec 20, 2007
They describe themselves as Sonny and Cher.
So who is Gary...Gregg Allman? Whoops. That would be backwards. I happened to catch their performance of "Lucky One" and even with Vince playing guitar, it was nothing to write home about. Further, their deal maens she has to walk over to him and stand there until he acknowledges her and gives her a kiss. Recently, after a performance of True Love, she went over to get her kiss, didn't get one and he even backed away from her. Trouble in paradise or does he still not act all kissy because Jenny doesn't like it and she was standing behind them. Wow, it's just like having Janis on tour with them because Jenny favors her mother, Janis Oliver Gill so much.
Charley horse

Spring, TX

#2 Dec 24, 2007
What happened to the Christmas Tours where Gary gets his kids and Jenny gets to do childcare for the youngest? If they are so blended, why don't you see more of them together as a family?
One photo on the beach in Florida. Another
photo in the backyard recently. That's it.
Charley horse

Spring, TX

#3 Dec 24, 2007
bump
Phantom Hourglass

Spring, TX

#4 Dec 25, 2007
Merry Christmas Everyone! I wish we were at the beach. I'm putting off going as long as I can.
Can you tell?
Phantom Hourglass

Spring, TX

#6 Dec 27, 2007
Mypest, did you know that whenever Vince and his precious bride feel like taking off, Gary graciously accommodates them? Did you know that he let his parents move out to Riverstone? Did you know that he a very rough time when his mother went to her final resting place? Do you know that Gary still takes care of his father?

Tell me, lover, why you think VIN is so much better than GAR?
KatRita

Spring, TX

#7 Dec 28, 2007
Still no answer
ckbsjkk
mypest
auntof7
mary anne
just me

???

Did you go back to cmt, vg off. site, ag. off site, amy's newsgroupos or the cw newsgroups?
I didn't go looking for her. It's just that she is everywhere.

I hadn't posted anything about them anywhere in over a year. Can they say the same?
Phantom Ghost

Spring, TX

#8 Dec 28, 2007
I know you are lurking. Pacing back and forth to not post or are you a smoker? What do you do to pass the time? Eat ice cream. Down M&M's?
Replay all your Vince and Amy tapes?
Scrapbook your articles more neatly?
Try to get your hair in an Amy do?
Dance with your broom to VG love songs?
Dance in front of your mirror with only your Stetson on like Vince asked you to in his Cowboy Up song?

I guess it's like the Assassination of Jesse James when Brad Pitt asks his stalker, do you want to be like me or do you want to be me?

Do you want to be AMY?
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#9 Dec 28, 2007
I know, cool way to spend a friday night for me, huh?

I just have to comment before I call it a day...

This is a friendly reminder to Phantom to keep your fingers crossed. Afterall, you promised, remember?

I think you have pretty sufficiently cleaned house of an Amy-wanna-be fans.

That goes for the Vince lovers too, even if they are all talking about you at their bridge club meeting tonight?

I've been enjoying your comments some more, which is why I don't have time to post. There are so many of them!!!

You are tremendously funny, but I would never want to piss you off! If I ever do, give me a warning so I can ask your forgiveness first!

Anyhow, just want to say Hello again, and thanks for the sarcastic reads.

Be nice now...

My Motto, which I just now made-up is:

Don't Go Around Life Deliberately Giving S---
But Definately Don't Take It Either
PhantomL

Spring, TX

#10 Dec 29, 2007
1. Anyone who gets my wrath has earned it.
2. Anyone who asks for forgiveness personally gets it.
3. Most of this was written while recovering.
Imagine what it would be at 100% or maybe that explains why it was so caustic.

My assistant brought in Mr. Brooks and
The Kingdom and yes, I watched them both. A couple of cheery holiday flicks, huh?
phan

Spring, TX

#11 Dec 29, 2007
Paula and her family are in the Carribean. Not fair.
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#12 Dec 29, 2007
Maybe, but do you think Paula and her family (or whomever...) are enjoying it like you would?

What is Bratenahl anyhow? Have you heard of Bauhauss, which is German? Berlin, late 1800"s to early 1930's. Tons of advancements were made there before the war, and it seems a slow, steady recovery since. America ripped off their best ideas and called them American. Look close at the Arts, Science, Agriculure,and even culinary arts. They are all German, for the most part.

I stood in the middle of Frankfurt one day, in the Town Square which has a name I can't pronounce anymore. I bought a "pretzel" that was shaped in a ball and let off steam when my thumbs poked into it! Delicious! No mustard needed, which is unlike the mustard I need now from the commercial suburbian Aunt Annie's dull one.

Oh Well, such is life Phan (HA! I JUST LOVE THAT NAME!)

May Paula and her family enjoy the Carribean enough for us all!
Phan_g

Spring, TX

#13 Dec 30, 2007
Perhaps I should travel to Georgia like the former Ms. Chapman and be on Paula's Party.

One of the funny parts was when Paula quipped,
"Amy, one of these days I'm going to get arrested."

When asked for holiday traditions, Amy told her story about making cheese grits and finding bugs in the cassrole, Vince telling her she couldn't serve it and she ground black pepper over it and served it anyway. Paula said, "Amy, you can't do that in the restaurant business, but I guess since it was JUST family..."

I guess Vince and Amy should film their CHristmas dinner like Paula, Michael, Jamie, Bobby, Brooke, etc. did and also put their family vacation to the Carribean on tape as well as Michael taking Paula to Paris and then flying her kids in.

Then Amy should try copying Paula and writing a real memoir that tells the real deal. Paula tells that Michael's daughter called her the "B" word and wanted her laundry done separately and other things, but they worked through it all.

Paula and her ex even called a truce so they could all enjoy the birth of Jamie and Brooke's son, Jack (she calls him Jackpot). Paula even has her own magazine.

The former Mrs. Chapman is way behind the curve.
Wheres Tejas57

Spring, TX

#14 Dec 31, 2007
still 3363 wrote:
Maybe, but do you think Paula and her family (or whomever...) are enjoying it like you would?
What is Bratenahl anyhow? Have you heard of Bauhauss, which is German? Berlin, late 1800"s to early 1930's. Tons of advancements were made there before the war, and it seems a slow, steady recovery since. America ripped off their best ideas and called them American. Look close at the Arts, Science, Agriculure,and even culinary arts. They are all German, for the most part.
I stood in the middle of Frankfurt one day, in the Town Square which has a name I can't pronounce anymore. I bought a "pretzel" that was shaped in a ball and let off steam when my thumbs poked into it! Delicious! No mustard needed, which is unlike the mustard I need now from the commercial suburbian Aunt Annie's dull one.
Oh Well, such is life Phan (HA! I JUST LOVE THAT NAME!)
May Paula and her family enjoy the Carribean enough for us all!
Bratenahl is on Lake Erie. I'm surprised you didn't know it. Multi-million dollar homes with high security gates and 15,000 sq. foot tri-level homes.
I had the good fortune to be there. People like that really know how to throw a party.
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#15 Dec 31, 2007
I'm going to run a search on it Phan. It sounds like Brat-N-All. Do brats live there in big houses? not even close to Germany...

Lake Erie is huge. Reminds me of an ocean shore, waves and all. Huge cargo Ships, way on the horizon. Funny thing, the weather is almost a constant 20 degrees colder in the winter. I've been boating on it half a dozen times, no house parties.
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#16 Dec 31, 2007
By the way, would rather be in the Carribean, if I had the option...
Catered 2

Spring, TX

#17 Dec 31, 2007
The real estate is unbelievable as is the view. It's the closest thing to heaven I have experienced here on Earth. This is no pot luck dinner with a jug of ice tea, people. I remember Amy saying in an article that she grew up with the social scene and that it was new to Gary. I don't know if she meant to put him and his family down, but it did seem like she made it a point to let people know she came from money. I've found that old money is usually more gracious than new money.

I can tell you it was hot in Memphis Tenn. 105 to be exact.

It was hot in Ohio also but maybe not as searing as Texas.
still 3363

Bridgeville, PA

#18 Dec 31, 2007
You mean the Carribean Phan? You definately can't mean Brat-N-All can you? It's pretty flat land till you get miles away...Ice Storms too! I don't think Multi Million coincides w/ Lake Erie, does it?

Hey, my fever lifted and I'm finally ready to get back to life. I hope it not just a tease, since I was feeling o.k. off and on this past week.

I agree with your old money theory. New money can wreck havoc, and I've personally seen the devastation. I prefer to count blessings instead.

3 hours 14 minutes!
FrenchQuarter

Spring, TX

#19 Dec 31, 2007
The house we were in, it took a million bucks just to prepare the Cliff the house was built into. It is right on the water. The water was sparkling and blue. I have no idea what it is like in winter. They don't stay there in February, March or April. They go to Florida. They live a very jet-setter life.
All I know is their home is on the market for over NINE Million, but....it may take a while to find a buyer.

It really shows what divorce does to finances. Gary and Amy lived in about a 6-9 million dollar home and property. Now Gary's is about 1 million and Amy and Vince's 2-3 mil. Janis had about an 8,500 sq. foot home a few years back, but rumor has it that she up and left. Can you blame her?
Now Jenny is Amy's new best friend. i wonder if she is just playing her.
Then again, who cares and I wouldn't if they would stay off Oprah and out of the back pages of magazines.
Pitt_Fall

Spring, TX

#20 Jan 3, 2008
still 3363 wrote:
You mean the Carribean Phan? You definately can't mean Brat-N-All can you? It's pretty flat land till you get miles away...Ice Storms too! I don't think Multi Million coincides w/ Lake Erie, does it?
Hey, my fever lifted and I'm finally ready to get back to life. I hope it not just a tease, since I was feeling o.k. off and on this past week.
I agree with your old money theory. New money can wreck havoc, and I've personally seen the devastation. I prefer to count blessings instead.
3 hours 14 minutes!
Did you look up Lake Erie Living and check the real estate in Bratenahl?

It was a beautiful home and we snapped pics like we were tourists but tried not to be obnoxious about it. There were so many bathrooms that we didn't even see them all. The entire house was open, even the closets that smelled like they had been sprayed with high end perfume.

The best part, however, is that everyone was treated well.

We will return. That house is on the market, so I don't know if we will be in a different location.

Everything was catered. We didn't have to do anything. Just enjoy.

Some people with money know how to live. It's not that way $$ everywhere, however. We took a wrong turn and ended up in East Cleveland in the ghetto section and arrived late. The cousin's wife said...the LAKE doesn't MOVE. Head for the Lake.

Even though they are wealthy, they have great FAITH and show it in everything they do.

Okay, enough about that. I can't wait to go back, not for the real estate or the catering but to be around people of great faith who live to LOVE ONE ANOTHER, ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER, AND SERVE ONE ANOTHER, etc.

Like I said, it was the closest thing to heaven I have experienced here on earth.
LegendsFall

Spring, TX

#21 Jan 5, 2008
still 3363 wrote:
3 hours 14 minutes!
Multimillion dollar places that have price tags in the 9.5 million range. However, there were all levels of people there and all were treated well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonee Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Brown 23 hr Popoid 1
Obama's final mission in 'his' last election: G... Tue ivan e johnson 11
Potawatomi deserves to have Kenosha proposal tu... Tue Injun 3
Politically Correct is One Way Speech and One W... Nov 22 Culture Auditor 1
White Democrats botched midterm election Nov 22 Spotted Girl 4
seeking advice of your area Nov 19 COOL HANDLE G MAN 1
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! Nov 18 NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
Menomonee Falls Dating
Find my Match

Menomonee Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Menomonee Falls News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Menomonee Falls

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:45 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:45PM
Parents of Bears and Lions Players Create Custom Hybrid NFL Jerseys
NBC Sports 2:31 PM
Kyle Fuller, Riley Reiff and Reggie Bush all questionable for Turkey Day
ESPN 2:35 PM
Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears
NBC Sports 3:46 PM
Improving Packers D gets test with Gronkowski - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?