Wis. Harley workers approve contract ...

Wis. Harley workers approve contract to freeze pay

There are 14 comments on the Star-telegram.com story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Wis. Harley workers approve contract to freeze pay. In it, Star-telegram.com reports that:

By DINESH RAMDE Harley-Davidson workers in southeastern Wisconsin approved a contract Monday that included steep concessions after the company threatened to move hundreds of production jobs out of the state.The proposed seven-year deal includes freezing employees' pay, slashing hundreds of jobs and assigning large volumes of work to part-time ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-telegram.com.

Concerned for the USA

Hopkins, MN

#2 Sep 13, 2010
Thanks Bill Clinton for your NAFTA & GAT Treaties. First it was the Apparel & Textile industries moving to Mexico & China. Now it is light manufacturing industries. So much for your free trade bills. Ross Perrot was right that there would be a giant sucking sound as American jobs would be exported overseas. Guess what Bill Mexico & China still do not like us. Sharing the wealth with the the rest of the world at the expense of the blue collar workers is killing this country.
such a mess

Lemoyne, PA

#3 Sep 14, 2010
Concerned for the USA wrote:
Thanks Bill Clinton for your NAFTA & GAT Treaties. First it was the Apparel & Textile industries moving to Mexico & China. Now it is light manufacturing industries. So much for your free trade bills. Ross Perrot was right that there would be a giant sucking sound as American jobs would be exported overseas. Guess what Bill Mexico & China still do not like us. Sharing the wealth with the the rest of the world at the expense of the blue collar workers is killing this country.
Exactly. Those who can not see this are fools. Until they lose their jobs and in turn what they have worked so hard for to achieve the American Dream then they will understand. Then and only then will many of these bashers want the rest of the American workers to stand beside them. But it may be far to late.
Sorry for your loss Harley Employees. And sorry for our country. I stand supporting you the American Worker. I wish you all the best.
wakeup

Farmington, MO

#4 Sep 14, 2010
HD spent $75 million plus for the museum to open in 08. Hmmm.. I wonder if they realize how many union workers nationwide buy their bikes. Their logo.."Union made in the USA!" Now they threaten with hiring "temps" and "casual workers" elsewhere. I guess the "Made In Milwaukee" and "Milwaukee Iron" t-shirts would have made good cleaning rags.

Corporate greed. Sales are down on EVERYthing nationwide. They throw grandiose parties, then screw over their workers.

Let's see what the turnout is for the 110th.
jasel

Fairport, NY

#5 Sep 17, 2010
Maybe they wouldn't have to screw their workers if they didn't screw their customers.

James
2010 FLHTCUSE5 with chrome peeling off parts; engine finish disappearing. Warranty refused despite parts being tested and proved defective. Many dealers would have just fixed it. Crossroads HD in Center Valley, PA doesn't think they have any responsibility other than to take my check for $37k.

Good luck. After the bikers came the wannabes. Now who wants to look like an overpaid lawyer in a layer of leather and chrome?
hdmilwaukee

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Sep 17, 2010
jasel wrote:
Maybe they wouldn't have to screw their workers if they didn't screw their customers.
James
2010 FLHTCUSE5 with chrome peeling off parts; engine finish disappearing. Warranty refused despite parts being tested and proved defective. Many dealers would have just fixed it. Crossroads HD in Center Valley, PA doesn't think they have any responsibility other than to take my check for $37k.
Good luck. After the bikers came the wannabes. Now who wants to look like an overpaid lawyer in a layer of leather and chrome?
I work at harley and it fu#### sucks what their doing to customers, this company is really going to hell. The chrome came from Mexico. That happen on one of my bikes too. More to come with the casuals on the jobs.
Cos 1 HD

York, PA

#7 Sep 18, 2010
such a mess wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Those who can not see this are fools. Until they lose their jobs and in turn what they have worked so hard for to achieve the American Dream then they will understand. Then and only then will many of these bashers want the rest of the American workers to stand beside them. But it may be far to late.
Sorry for your loss Harley Employees. And sorry for our country. I stand supporting you the American Worker. I wish you all the best.
FINALLY! Someone that understands. Thank you for
supporting us and all of the American workers out there that care about the US of A! We aren't going to work for 35 cents an hour like China Workers! We need to stop these CEOS. They are killing America.
yea uh huh

Lemoyne, PA

#9 Sep 18, 2010
WHO CARES wrote:
WHO CARES IF THEY LEAVE WISCONSIN? THEY ARE OVERPRICED, OIL LEAKING HEAPS OF SCRAP...
So no one is twisting your arm to buy one.
Cos 1 HD

York, PA

#10 Sep 19, 2010
hdmilwaukee wrote:
<quoted text> I work at harley and it fu#### sucks what their doing to customers, this company is really going to hell. The chrome came from Mexico. That happen on one of my bikes too. More to come with the casuals on the jobs.
So right. and there is more to come of the bad quality. Casuals are now inspecting. I talked to one that just came from the line. And he said so. Unreal!!!

“This is all a game”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#11 Sep 20, 2010
wakeup wrote:
HD spent $75 million plus for the museum to open in 08. Hmmm.. I wonder if they realize how many union workers nationwide buy their bikes. Their logo.."Union made in the USA!" Now they threaten with hiring "temps" and "casual workers" elsewhere. I guess the "Made In Milwaukee" and "Milwaukee Iron" t-shirts would have made good cleaning rags.
Corporate greed. Sales are down on EVERYthing nationwide. They throw grandiose parties, then screw over their workers.
Let's see what the turnout is for the 110th.
Let's be fair here the museum opened in mid 2008, ground was broken mid 2006. Planning must have started later 2005 or sooner.
Those were boom times for our economy, irrelevant to compare.
HD is no differant from any other American manufactuer of goods...tough times all around.
skilled

Hershey, PA

#12 Sep 23, 2010
hdmilwaukee wrote:
<quoted text> I work at harley and it fu#### sucks what their doing to customers, this company is really going to hell. The chrome came from Mexico. That happen on one of my bikes too. More to come with the casuals on the jobs.
What's wrong with casuals on the job...I'm one of those casuals with a family just like yours trying to make a living making half of what you make so quit bitching you union #@@hole!!
hdmilwaukee

Milwaukee, WI

#13 Sep 24, 2010
skilled wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with casuals on the job...I'm one of those casuals with a family just like yours trying to make a living making half of what you make so quit bitching you union #@@hole!!
Wait until they fire your a## than you'll know what's wrong with casuals! If your so skilled you shouldn't have any trouble finding another casual job.
TimmyB

York, PA

#14 Oct 2, 2010
Harley just laid me off. They replaced me with a temp. I used to love my company and had pride working there. Now it is just a job where no one has passion anymore. You used to care about what is on the line, now you send everything through and don't give a crap. If you bought a Harley within the past 2 years, you better keep your warranty paperwork. They even cancelled the Open House after workers told management in a town hall meeting that they were not going to cover up the problems when customers ask about things. Best wishes to my buds at York! I am so much happier to be out of that hole but I am thinking of all of you. Keep up the good fight.
HD no more

Plano, TX

#15 Oct 4, 2010
skilled wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what is wrong with casuals. You idiots are so stupid to vote for that crap,now you have to share your half price job with temp replacements! Brilliant!
Rude rider

Cortez, CO

#17 Oct 7, 2010
Sounds like Honda Davidson is in deep #2. What goes arround comes arround!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menomonee Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Camco Management Inc (Jun '08) 12 hr Chrishoenisch 50
Milwaukee County worst place to live in nation 15 hr just 1
Review: Cabinet Mania of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Mar '16) Wed Ben 33
Review: Lannon Police Dept (Jan '09) Jun 20 when 25
Get research Chems and Other Meds Jun 18 Medsonline 1
Loretta Lynch Jun 18 just 1
make whitey pay for slavery (Aug '16) Jun 14 yourown 48

Menomonee Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance