Many Sonic Booms or Earthquakes Felt in Menifee?

Posted in the Menifee Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Poster

Canyon Country, CA

#1 Jan 26, 2010
Hi,
The last several days I have heard loud booms and at times the house will shake. I've checked the earthquake maps and they haven't shown anything. Outside the booms are quite loud also, especially this evening. I can't find anything online about it, and thought I would post here. Have you heard/felt it? Do you know what it is? Thank you!
Long time resident

Perris, CA

#2 Jan 27, 2010
Last night in Quail Valley we keep hearing loud booming noises back towards Canyon Lake but never found out what it was.
TawshaRose

Queen Creek, AZ

#3 Jan 31, 2010
I heard them too (near Murrietta Rd & Craig Ave).
I didn't pay much attention, as I've often noticed bombing noises from Camp Pendleton's military excercises over the years. But, if it shook the house, perhaps someone is blasting in or near your area. About two yrs ago now, someone used too much nitro (I guess) at a housing project near here, which caused a MIGHTY LOUD blast, & ROCKED the neighborhood ... not to mentiion that it broke the new windows out in the new homes adjacent to the blast... If not blasting for new house foundations, they may be blasting more of our areas' beautiful boulders to smitherines ...):

Then again ... MAYBE someone is blasdting for better leachline absorption, in preperation for the soon-expected flooding in the are ...
... Otherwise, I'm at a loss as to what it is from. Maybe, firemen in your area could tell you, as blasting should require a permit!
Me Too

Hemet, CA

#4 Feb 3, 2010
I heard and felt them also. For several days. They generally occurred during mid-day betweek 1-3pm. And I'm in Romoland.

Since: Jan 10

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Feb 5, 2010
Me Too wrote:
I heard and felt them also. For several days. They generally occurred during mid-day betweek 1-3pm. And I'm in Romoland.
Its camp pendleton.. It was in the paper that they were going to be doing it this week. Sometimes you can feel it in Corona.
menifeemom

AOL

#6 Feb 9, 2010
I have been hearing these for years and when I first moved here they freaked me out. But over there years Ive learned they are Pendleton training blasts - and sometimes they are so loud and frequent and everyone around me acts like they dont hear them! LOL
Winky

AOL

#8 Feb 26, 2010
Poster wrote:
Hi,
The last several days I have heard loud booms and at times the house will shake. I've checked the earthquake maps and they haven't shown anything. Outside the booms are quite loud also, especially this evening. I can't find anything online about it, and thought I would post here. Have you heard/felt it? Do you know what it is? Thank you!
That is really weird!! I live on the East Coast and we have had sonic booms as well. Nobody seems to know what it is but one person said it could be space junk which when it hits the earths atmosphere causes an enormous sound due to intense friction. Our region which is Richmond, VA still has no idea what the sounds are for now.
Wondering

Menifee, CA

#9 Feb 27, 2010
Just a thought....I've noticed more military jets flying over from different directions, They don't seem to be on any type of approach to March. I've also heard sub sonic jet sounds way out of sight, just wondering if we are getting sonic booms from flights we can't see.
Menifee10

Menifee, CA

#10 Mar 2, 2010
Most likely it is from Camp Pendleton, if you go to their official website they will have a section (I forget what they call it) but it pretty much shows you a schedule of sorts of when you might hear loud noises from their training exercises.
As far as an increase in flying activity related to March ARB, there really hasn't been an increase, you might see the C-17's or KC-135's flying at a higher elevation over the general area, that just means they climbed out and are heading to wherever they are going...but overall, not many changes.
I live in Menifee and see all the activity from March and my husband works over there.
wes

Menifee, CA

#11 Feb 9, 2012
Poster wrote:
Hi,
its camp pendelton they are launching artillery and missiles
Danielle

Menifee, CA

#12 Feb 11, 2012
I doubt its camp Pendleton. I live about 4 miles from the freeway and it sounded like someone running up and down the stairs, but my friends who live close the freeway heard loud bombs... Its probably the construction on the freeway.
Concerned in Canyon Lake

Sun City, CA

#13 Feb 11, 2012
Heard loud noises like sonic booms last night as well as this morning at times the house would vibrate. Called the Fire Dept. and of course they have no idea what it is. ANY IDEA?????

CONCERNED RESIDENT.
itsme

Sun City, CA

#14 Feb 11, 2012
It is definitley camp pendelton...they have training programsevery so often.
Liz

United States

#15 Feb 12, 2012
I'm pretty sure they are doing construction on the 15. I live in Quail valley and I've been hearing them at random times all week. We drove to Fontana and in the way we saw that an entire hill was blown out...just gone. I bet it's the blast from that.
Check out "sounds of the apocalypse" on YouTube. Its what made me google it.
fontanaman

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Mar 15, 2012
On March 14, 2012 I hears the loud booms that seemed to fizzle out. They were loud enough to where I can here them in the house. I know I wasn't imagining it because my dog barked when I heard them... Any ideas as to what this was? I thought maybe the trains collided since there are tracks alongside the ten but no news on anything like that. Maybe they were sonic booms. Hard to tell.
jeff

Sun City, CA

#17 Apr 12, 2012
i have heard these boom sounds off and on for months now but knowone will say what it is or tell us so that tells me there hiding something they dont want us to know about i think the ground is shifting deep down in the earth and echoing out like a big earth quake is coming
samich

Menifee, CA

#18 Apr 13, 2012
Yes, it was all the meth houses exploding in Menifee.
Eric

Yucaipa, CA

#19 Jun 21, 2012
Just heard and felt sonic boom this morning, June 21st, 2012 at about 9:45 am. I thought someone was attempting to break in the house but the backyard dog wasn't barking.... woild like to know the cause, especially sinve March Air Force base is just south of here...
Dan

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jun 21, 2012
I heard 3 of those loud explosions. Two at about 9:45 and another around 10:00. The first was so loud that I could feel the explosion while I was outside and I live in Northern Moreno Valley. The third one, I was in the house and the windows shook when it happened. I assumed it was at March AFB. When I went onto the hill to look over the valley it was so overcast you couldn't see anything. The Press Enterprise and the news don't seem to have anything pertaining to the noise.
Hex Decible

Wildomar, CA

#21 Jun 26, 2012
Poster wrote:
Hi,
Same from wildomar. Thought I'd check online to see if anyone knew what it was. Looks like we're in the same boat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Winchester, CA (Sep '10) 3 hr Eric 12
Chemical tankers burn near Perris warehouse 9 hr Linda Diane Gray 1
MenifeeCOMMUNITY NOTES: Cyber security competit... Sat Concerned Resident 1
Riverside County: Sex-offender ordinance to be ... Dec 26 I know 5
Police Chase Down Bundy Canyon and Helicopter Dec 26 Jamie 3
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Dec 25 Annonymous 1
Bust Made In Prostitution Sting At Massage Parlor (May '06) Dec 25 Shamenoshame 216

Winter Storm Watch for Riverside County was issued at December 28 at 9:59PM PST

Menifee News Video

Menifee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Menifee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Menifee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News