Bridge over Holland
Tyler

Sun City, CA

#1 May 30, 2012
Is there a reason why we can build a bridge over the freeway for this? Instead they want to work on Newport Rd and cause more traffic then there already is. I feel stupid even posting this as it is such a logical decision. God im sick of this idiotic shit.
Bully

Moreno Valley, CA

#2 Jun 16, 2012
There's a lot more to getting it done than most people think. It's easy for us as average citizens to just say "let's get it done". You have to look at all the permits the city would have to get from various agencies like Cal Trans and the Feds. Then, you have to look at the seismic mumbo jumbo that the city would have to go through. The city would have to eminent domain all the land needed for the bridge right of way. Then there would have to be environmental studies and other impact studies. With it all said and done, you would be looking at millions of dollars to get it done.

Right now, the city can't just break open the piggy bank to fund it. They will have to get bonds, federal funds, state funds and loans.

Since there aren't that many businesses in town for tax money, our resident property taxes will have to rise or they will have to try to get a city sales tax on top of the sales taxes we already pay.

We also will have to look at the issues with the rural minded citizens and the progress citizens. The rural citizens will be against it because they will think that it builds the city up and threatens their rural lifestyle that made them move here in the first place. The citizens for progress will think it's a good idea. Nobody will want their taxes raised.

We have 5 freeway overpasses servicing the city right now. Do we need another one, YES. Will it be done soon, NO. I know I will vote for it when the time comes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Murrieta is looking like East L.A. 14 hr Susan 2
Same Sex Marriage: Yes or No? 15 hr chris 4
News Immigration demonstrators sue city of Murrieta,... Sun Your Mexican dad 7
KIRBY VACUUMS SCAMS-ACE company in murrieta (Oct '07) Jul 2 Mr Ultron 348
qcsi/kirby vacuums (Sep '12) Jul 2 Mr Ultron 4
Are Some PPL in Murrieta Racist? Jun 30 Not Amused 1
Is Murrieta Racist?? Jun 30 Not Amused 1
More from around the web

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE