California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,561 - 3,580 of 4,885 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 21
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gullible gullible gullible, shut up child!
Do you think it really bothers people to be called boy, or child? Very childish of you.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it really bothers people to be called boy, or child? Very childish of you.
It intimidates them indeed!
Riggers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

looks like the scum-bags have come up with another scheme to win? Big laugh, they are hated enoug already.

GOP Plan to 'Rig' Electoral Votes Loses Key Support.

The proposed system would make it easier for Republican presidential candidates to win.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
It intimidates them indeed!
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL You are so fricken stupid that its funny! LOL LOL LOL
Riggers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Never, never let political crooks investigate themselves, this is how Nick Conway of the sgvGOG got away with his underhanded operations for 17 years.

Besides the Patch is in the pockets of the politicans machine.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL You are so fricken stupid that its funny! LOL LOL LOL
What is your exact age? I demand an answer, or I will make it worse HAHAHAHAHA!
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your exact age? I demand an answer, or I will make it worse HAHAHAHAHA!
Ask Ratchet. I would have told you, but the demand part just dont work for me. Im old enough to have grand kids, and that is all you need to know. What could you make worse? All you are is the joke of the day for me, I hope you wernt getting deeper feelings for me. Its not gonna work out between us for the kind of relationship you are looking for, but we will always be friends.
SmackoS

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

The fan dango hasn't been so busy.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, can you please give me your age? Thank you sir! I ask nicely BECAUSE I CANT BE BOTHERED TO KNOCK THE CRAP OUT OF YOU ALONG WITH YOUR ANSWER!
Hummmmm. I dont feel you are sincere. No, you simply cant. I havent seen you knock the crap out of anyone on any thread. Just cause you say you do, dont make it so. Lets just say north of 50 less than 100. And that is more of an answer than a heathen like you deserves.
NorthCrackHeads

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

North Korean's said it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test, directing its ire at the United States, a country it called its sworn enemy.

Little men in the north haven't a clue as to what wil happen if they cross the DMZ, the last tiem they tried that was because they were scared and waek from no food.
Ned Wahrbuxitude

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

We have a constiputed rite to keep and carry our own bags and I for one will not accept bags that others may have used until I have had them checked out front and back here and now. Now if this is so important to these boogers why dont they go back to wherever they came from and see what those folks say when they trty to take their rites away and keep them from doing what god tells them to do to others before others can do any of that weirdo stuff to them or even think of it. Why, then their would be hell in the bush as the peoples would get all upset and that would be that. This is why my my friends and me all joined the teaprty, so we can just go forward as christians want and stop everybody who dont feel that way before they come in our house and take stuff we might want later or make us do unchristian stuff we dont understand or want anyway then like giving food to old bums who never buy nothing on sale.
LUNA VIKKY

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Ned Wahrbuxitude wrote:
We have a constiputed rite to keep and carry our own bags and I for one will not accept bags that others may have used until I have had them checked out front and back here and now. Now if this is so important to these boogers why dont they go back to wherever they came from and see what those folks say when they trty to take their rites away and keep them from doing what god tells them to do to others before others can do any of that weirdo stuff to them or even think of it. Why, then their would be hell in the bush as the peoples would get all upset and that would be that. This is why my my friends and me all joined the teaprty, so we can just go forward as christians want and stop everybody who dont feel that way before they come in our house and take stuff we might want later or make us do unchristian stuff we dont understand or want anyway then like giving food to old bums who never buy nothing on sale.
I DONT KNOW what you meen about my rights. I did not sign nothing nohow or never. I love the teabaggs party and te the line. so there.
NorthCrackHeads

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

North Korean's said it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test, directing its ire at the United States, a country it called its sworn enemy.

Little men in the north haven't a clue as to what wil happen if they cross the DMZ, the last time they tried that they had to get help from China.

And look at the little worms now, no food but a lot mouth on them.
Choke an Puke

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

So many haven't gottenthe word out to the loonies that post from out of town or country.
Punts

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

The paving Company does not suggest doing this anymore, it's tough on the pavement.

Peking, China a truckload of fireworks for Lunar New Year celebrations went off Friday.

In which a massive, explosion that destroyed part of an elevated highway, vehicles fell or were blown off 30 meters (+ or = 100 feet) to the ground and their death.

The chinese will surely blow themselves up first.
PeeCrow

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Ken Crow Co-Founder of "Restoring America Project ". Co-Founder of " Tea Party Community.com ". Regular Contributor to Tea Party Tribune.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gullible gullible gullible, shut up child!
I only speak the truth and the proof is in how Republicans are being forced to change their ways... i.e. immigration reform, wooing hispanics.... you know, it's probably a shock to all you right wing bible thumping Rush Limbaugh pillow humpers.
Bandannas

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

No more today, your still a out of towners blowhards, P.S. get your hang nails cut and filed.

d-CON works wonder's have you tried any?
Bag O beans

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

We all call the UK poster, OLD WINDY.

Of course standing up stream of "it" helps a lot.

Skunks avoid UK, too.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Bag O beans wrote:
We all call the UK poster, OLD WINDY.
Of course standing up stream of "it" helps a lot.
Skunks avoid UK, too.
LOL LOL LOL Your best post yet!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE