Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the Aug 4, 2010, www.cnn.com story titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

More Joy

Hemet, CA

#231065 Jun 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pelosi is a moron, but this time she gets it right.
On my comment count here in Hemet, YOU show up as 199,666. good job, Creeper!
Right on time.
More Joy

Hemet, CA

#231066 Jun 15, 2014
looks like I better get the grahams chocolate and marshmallows for S'MORES over the fire.
MoJoseys

Monrovia, CA

#231067 Jun 15, 2014
Mayo has been put back on he shelf,
Phatt Lizzy Train Trix

Sonoma, CA

#231068 Jun 15, 2014
We have started the teaparty to stop everything and it is working. The toilets don't work, all chex bounce, all calls go unanawered, all horns refuse to honk, all dogs won't go on leash, congress don't work, gays aren't gay, plants won't flower, oil is rancid, gas is not at the pump, car won't start and god don't give a hoot. Can you say that with a strait face? Whatever it is...we're against it! NO TAXES. NO LUNCH.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#231069 Jun 15, 2014
Mike Kilpatrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a civics class. You don't get to vote on other peoples constitutional rights. That's why they're called rights.
I already voted years ago on others rights too late
More Joy

Hemet, CA

#231070 Jun 15, 2014
BANZAI-I-I-Y-E-EEE !!!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#231071 Jun 15, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/politics /article/Nancy-Pelosi-urges-S- F-archbishop-to-exit-5553084.p hp
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi took the lead this week in a high-profile lobbying effort to pressure San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone not to attend the controversial March for Marriage event, which she characterized as "venom masquerading as virtue."
Pelosi, who is one of the country's most powerful Catholic politicians, made a passionate appeal to the archbishop in a letter obtained by The Chronicle not to participate in the National Organization for Marriage's June 19 march on the Supreme Court in Washington. Cordileone, who is one of the featured speakers at the event, was a leader in the campaign for Proposition 8, the 2008 California anti-gay-marriage initiative.
how about a little separation of church and state in this matter ?
Toll charges

Monrovia, CA

#231072 Jun 15, 2014
I would say one US solder for 160+ crazy virgin dancing militants is a good exchange rate.

Now that the body counts have begun with the fools that brought the Sgt. to the exchange point that is 10 plus now we have 150+ crazy militants vaporized in a bombing raids.

The area where the airstrikes occurred is a remote tribal region and stronghold of the Haqqani network — part of Afghanistan’s Taliban. The same group claimed responsibility for the capture of U.S. soldier Bowe Bergdahl in June 2009.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#231073 Jun 15, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>how about a little separation of church and state in this matter ?
Pelosi is an ineffective corrupt politician from San Francisco who is just using her supposed "Catholic" mantra to try and gain influence on a matter she has no business speaking on. Pelosi was already threatened with no communion rites by another higher up American Catholic archbishop if she continued to insist on same-sex marriage, and she didn't win on that one. They got Pelosi on the radar now, and are making sure Pelosi will not be influencing anything they are involved with. As for Cordileone, he was specifically appointed into the Archdiocese of San Francisco by former Pope Benedict to directly challenge and subdue the LGBT influence in San Francisco and California. So far, the LGBT crowd in San Francisco haven't been able to do anything against him, so he is by no means worried about the Castro District crowd or Pelosi on this issue.
More Joy

Hemet, CA

#231074 Jun 15, 2014
if the plants don't flower yOu won't last long, Phatttso
More Joy

Hemet, CA

#231075 Jun 15, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Pelosi is an ineffective corrupt politician from San Francisco who is just using her supposed "Catholic" mantra to try and gain influence on a matter she has no business speaking on. Pelosi was already threatened with no communion rites by another higher up American Catholic archbishop if she continued to insist on same-sex marriage, and she didn't win on that one. They got Pelosi on the radar now, and are making sure Pelosi will not be influencing anything they are involved with. As for Cordileone, he was specifically appointed into the Archdiocese of San Francisco by former Pope Benedict to directly challenge and subdue the LGBT influence in San Francisco and California. So far, the LGBT crowd in San Francisco haven't been able to do anything against him, so he is by no means worried about the Castro District crowd or Pelosi on this issue.
this sounds like a creepy mafia/DaVinci Code movie
More Joy

Hemet, CA

#231076 Jun 15, 2014
Byee!
Smuckers

Monrovia, CA

#231077 Jun 15, 2014
Smuckers covers it up good.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231079 Jun 15, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>how about a little separation of church and state in this matter ?
Good point!
Smuckers

Monrovia, CA

#231080 Jun 15, 2014
Smuckers should be added to the fool in Oakland, too!
Bellycose

Hemet, CA

#231081 Jun 15, 2014
Smucker's has a wonderful hOt fUdge-pack
BellyGasOff

Monrovia, CA

#231083 Jun 15, 2014
BellyGasOff you still forking stink.
Bellycose

Hemet, CA

#231084 Jun 15, 2014
you're still a f-u-c-k-I-n-g kook
BellyGass off

Monrovia, CA

#231086 Jun 16, 2014
Belly Gass off what's your problem today?
greatwhite

Hemet, CA

#231088 Jun 16, 2014
... smelled blood in the water. Next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Apr '12) 21 hr Gabe Ruthos 32
Positive About Disabled People is located at 51... Apr 19 New Workshop Perris 1
Disabled People is located at 5150 Western Way.... Apr 19 New Workshop Perris 1
Review: Positive About Disabled People Apr 19 New Workshop Perris 8
Perris Lanes is located at 1884 N. Perris Blvd.... Apr 19 Bowling Alley in ... 1
Perris Lanes Bowling Alley (Jun '13) Apr 19 Bowling 3
KFC is located at 1880 N. Perris Blvd. Perris, ... (Mar '12) Apr 19 Kentucky Fried Ch... 5
More from around the web

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]