Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201854 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

#228701 Jan 31, 2014
iggied
Mittens

Sierra Madre, CA

#228702 Jan 31, 2014
Have you lost your bowling mittens again?
Where did you leave them last?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228703 Feb 1, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even a circus clown can rebut your dumb non-arguments, such as consenting adults should not be allowed to marry because they are children.
Where did I say that?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228704 Feb 1, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, are you? You insist consenting adults should not be allowed to marry because they are children!
Where did I say that?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228705 Feb 1, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Presenting you with the scenario of three gay men wishing to marry removes all your concerns about the supposed harm of polygamy. In other words it renders all your stupid fears about the harm of consenting adults marrying meaningless. SO HOW DO YOU REBUT IT? You insult me. Call me a crack head.
Posts like this are how I KNOW you never stepped foot inside a university.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228706 Feb 1, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Posts like this are how I KNOW you never stepped foot inside a university.
Great argument.

Why can't three men marry? Because Frankie got no edumacation.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228707 Feb 1, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
Every time I ask you why three men cannot marry you refer me to Canada where they declared some polygamists marry children so therefore it should be illegal in the US.
Pale Dago

Saint Peters, MO

#228708 Feb 1, 2014
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
Not unexpected.
You nailed it.
lost mittens

Sierra Madre, CA

#228709 Feb 1, 2014
Should those mittens ever get lost, contact lostmittens.com
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228710 Feb 1, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I ask you why three men cannot marry you refer me to Canada where they declared some polygamists marry children so therefore it should be illegal in the US.
Gee..... reducing a 1400 page document to "polygamists marry children" is hilariously disingenuous.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228711 Feb 1, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee..... reducing a 1400 page document to "polygamists marry children" is hilariously disingenuous.
I'd say it sums it up nicely. Nowhere does it give any reason three consenting adult men shouldn't be allowed to marry.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228712 Feb 1, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say it sums it up nicely.
More proof of your lack of formal education.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228713 Feb 1, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof of your lack of formal education.
More proof you have nothing but dumb ad hominem.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228714 Feb 1, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof you have nothing but dumb ad hominem.

More proof that you can't even understand the topic at hand. Tell me.... does it hurt to be SO stupid, or do your pain meds sort of take the edge off everything?
Removing

Sierra Madre, CA

#228715 Feb 1, 2014
It's better each day, removing this topic is the best thing for man kind.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228716 Feb 1, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof that you can't even understand the topic at hand. Tell me.... does it hurt to be SO stupid, or do your pain meds sort of take the edge off everything?
...A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Prop 8 discriminated against polygamy too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228717 Feb 1, 2014
Removing wrote:
It's better each day, removing this topic is the best thing for man kind.
It's like a zombie thread, died a long time ago but still wanders aimlessly undead. Attracts all sorts of riff raff. I try to class it up for you silly jackasses but you don't appreciate it. Frankie this and Frankie that bla bla.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228719 Feb 1, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to smoke opium in Vietnam but no more. Very effective on whatever kind of pain you are suffering from! Try it sometime. Then think of Frankie! Maybe you'll feel a wave of love. Don't just pass it off as gas. It's love. Who loves ya Joisey Goil?
Removing

Sierra Madre, CA

#228724 Feb 1, 2014
It's gets better each day, removing this topic is the best thing for man kind.
Magic Mare

Phoenix, AZ

#228725 Feb 1, 2014
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
The question isn't 'the vote'... but if the issue being voted on was legal. In the 60s, it was still illegal in many states for blacks and whites to marry. Jews being legally banned from certain country clubs. A woman not allowed to pilot in the military even if she is a better pilot than the man who got his wings? In fact, when Kennedy ran, people assumed he'd lose because no Catholic was ever elected before. These overturns are about civil rights being stomped on. So what you're saying is that 'majority' wants to vote to restrict all over minorities from equal rights, let them? Gays having the right to marry is not yours or mine to decide. Their marriages don't threaten anything. Thus, people who 'voted' against gays rights to marry, vote against democracy. Ignorance isn't an excuse to remove a person's civil rights.
However Arizona illegal issues are not about civil rights. That overturn had to do with congress being in the pocket of big business who stands to gain if cheap labor can be hired to build your homes.. etc. My greedy ass of a cousin is a lobbyist for this crap... and hundreds of millions are being invested into lobbying so that big business has a new 'gene pool' of laborers who will work for less. I'm from Arizona by the way. Beware... If the lobbyists can make this seem like it's about civil rights, then we lose. What needs to be corrected is the assumption that illegal workers are Mexican. We need to enforce our immigration laws across the board, Canada, Mexico, Russia, England ... whatever. All countries have laws that permit legalization. The reason there is a quota and rules have to do with security and budget. This has nothing to do with Mexicans, except that their illegals have chosen to ignore whatever of our laws are inconvenient.(But boy do they know about 'benefits' once they're here.) Cesar Milan is a Mexican hero. He snuck in, made a fortune, and now is 'legal'. So - voting against an AMERICAN's civil rights is what asses do and what eventually the constitution of a true Democracy must and will overturn. Changing immigration laws.. completely different case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Your Views - 06/03 (Jun '11) Tue positronium 8
News Woman Threatening to Jump From Perris Overpass ... Jul 23 potenciano2000 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Randon Lane as Mayor? Jul 23 Jesus ramirez 1
Menifee Authors Jul 20 286author 2
Review: Crossing Dental Group (Aug '09) Jul 20 disappointed 4
We need better places Jul 20 UbetterUbet 1
Come on already! Jul 20 UbetterUbet 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menifee Mortgages