Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,321

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222907 Oct 30, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's where he puts the hot buttered rum.
so you can lick it off Putro ...
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222908 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need that, I know for a fact I actually exist :)
Ok so you exist and you don't need faith in other things. Now you can answer, do you have faith in yourself? Yes or No ...
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222909 Oct 30, 2013
Dorn wrote:
When Gay couples who love each other exclusively want to be married and accepted in society, they should be respected and receive the same benefits that straight married couples have. It is now happening and I am in support of the laws which are allowing it to happen.
In the past loving commited gay couples had to stay in the closet to avoid being discriminated against. That was wrong!
Society is not as receptive as you may want or think. Gays are still finding ways to challenge society for example the two queers that were making out in the back seat of a private taxi cab for example, now the are suing the cab company becaus the driver kicked them out of the cab. The homos knew what they were planning and that was a law suit for recognition. lol that is just the begining
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222910 Oct 30, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you exist and you don't need faith in other things. Now you can answer, do you have faith in yourself? Yes or No ...
No, I have knowledge of me, faith is opposed to knowledge, I have knowledge of me, faith is meaningless.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#222911 Oct 30, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let the door hit ya,where the
Good Lord "split" ya!! I'm a straight
female Christian and God didn't
send you here to judge anyone.
That's not your place.Live and Let
Live...Diversity is what California
is all about,you won't be the first
nuts to try to change "US",and you
won't be the last......
well said

Elk Grove, CA

#222912 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have knowledge of me, faith is opposed to knowledge, I have knowledge of me, faith is meaningless.
You're lying to yourself. we need faith as a navigational aid. Everyone has faith in someone or something; it just might not necessarily be God. You believe in history, what a history book says a person said. You didn't hear that person hundreds of years ago say that and in what context, but you have faith that the authors of that history wrote it correctly for your explanation of that. You have faith.

Elk Grove, CA

#222913 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
In more and more states and nations around the country that is becoming true.
Donít lose heart, there are many of us heterosexuals that fight for equal rights for our fellow Americans.
Those left brooding over ancient dogma are losing power, respect and any credibility.
But it's not the most on going important issue going on today. Why is it such a passion of yours? Thousands of Californians are losing their health care because of your vote.

Elk Grove, CA

#222914 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnít matter if you state your beliefs or not, your disdain for science, your miscomprehending of evolutionary process, and your insistence that marriage ( which only exists in Humans as a legal contract and does not exist in the rest of the animal kingdom at all ) makes it obvious.
Marriage only exists as a legal contract, and I can prove beyond any possible doubt that same sex couples are married.
That is a fact, that you have your eyes tightly closed to.
Your Atheist Leader, Mikey Weinstein has struck again,

This man is a public enemy and a deviant of the lowest order.

He's gone after every religious symbol in the U.S. military.

Weinstein is now being used by Obama to advise all branches of the military on "religious tolerance."

One of his policies includes court-martialing military chaplains who share the Christian gospel during spiritual counseling sessions.

The Air Force Academy has just announced that it will now be optional for cadets to recite the words "So help me God" at the end of its honor oath.

I don't care if you're an atheist or an agnostic. That's your right.

But I really resent these people stepping on the hearts and souls of people who believe in God, especially those who believe in Jesus Christ.

It's so offensive, because George Washington took the oath as our first president and said the words, "So help me God."

Why does the American military now turn to a twisted sister like Mikey Weinstein and ask this piece of garbage whether or not they can say "God" in a military chapel?

This would stop if we had a truly God-fearing president.

This one doesn't even fake it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#222915 Oct 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>But it's not the most on going important issue going on today. Why is it such a passion of yours? Thousands of Californians are losing their health care because of your vote.
For you it isnít the most important, it is for them, and I support them. And you donít have enough unbiased information to talk about your other concern.

I know of thousands that are getting health care for the first time because of my vote.

Turn off Faux News and find out what is really happening.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#222916 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those left brooding over ancient dogma are losing power, respect and any credibility.
By all means, Caligula and NAMBLA should be accepted and respected because some astroturfing loser on Topix said it was a sign of Enlightenment.
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#222918 Oct 30, 2013
Some things never change, yes Frankie is still a PUTZ
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222919 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
For you it isnít the most important, it is for them, and I support them. And you donít have enough unbiased information to talk about your other concern.
I know of thousands that are getting health care for the first time because of my vote.
Turn off MSNBC News and find out what is really happening.
Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222920 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, but is not meaningless to those of us who have trust in faith
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222921 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...Go ahead and report me, one of my fellow astronomers happens to be a policeman.
TOO FUNNY!

Elk Grove, CA

#222922 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
"them", I thought they were just like you and me? Down deep you have guilt by using names like that, were you mean to "them" at one point? No, you are a liar. "I know of thousands". 70 percent of American voters support delay of Obamacare's individual mandate, says the Washington Examiner. WALL STREET JOURNAL: The millions of Americans who are receiving termination notices because their current coverage does not conform to Health and Human Services Department rules may not realize this is by design. Maybe they trusted President Obama's repeated falsehood that people who liked their health plans could keep them. But Americans should understand that this month's mass cancellation wave has been the President's political goal since 2008. Liberals believe they must destroy the market in order to save it.

NEW YORK POST: WASHINGTON ó The White House finally admitted Monday that President Obama is breaking his promise that if you like your health insurance, you can keep it under ObamaCare.

It's being reported by CNN, NBC, ABC, all the letters but you sit back and think it's Fox making it all up.....priceless!!! LOL
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#222923 Oct 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn off MSNBC News and find out what is really happening.
Should he get the news from Fox and Mr Hannity???
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222924 Oct 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
When you take an airplane flight you have faith it won't crash. If you didn't, you wouldn't fly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222925 Oct 30, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means, Caligula and NAMBLA should be accepted and respected because some astroturfing loser on Topix said it was a sign of Enlightenment.
High five!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222926 Oct 30, 2013
Poof wrote:
And your posts are still moronic.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222927 Oct 30, 2013
Poof wrote:
Another day off*?

*unemployment

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WildomarHEALTH: Anti-vaccine parents defend bel... 3 hr Weedhopper 3
Experienced Group of Con Artists occupying my h... (May '13) 3 hr inquiring mind 154
Unique Gifts Jan 29 craftyppl 2
pastors who lie (May '08) Jan 29 Pray for ALL invo... 1,121
Diabetes: I believe it's due to obesity Jan 28 lady Morgana 9
Bar-V Boy's Ranch (Aug '07) Jan 28 Charliechan 10
To Chris W. in Menifee Jan 28 anonymous 3

Menifee News Video

Menifee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance