Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201885 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#212811 Aug 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps science will come up with the causes for people believing a fantasy story is true then we can have a "fix" for the religious.
It already has: the so-called "God Gene". When the gene is expressed, people have a desire to seek out some form of the Divine. People that do not have the gene active, are not interested in religion. If raised in a church, they might continue to go, but they are never more than just a warm body in a pew.

#212812 Aug 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, at this point, I'm more married all by myself than SS couples are.
That's how severe your denial is.
If that fantasy gives you comfort, then hold on to it and cherish it.

#212813 Aug 28, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
AIDS/HIV doesn't discriminate between those possessing a legal document or not.
True, but monogamy DOES prevent sexually transmitted diseases, so that is just one more reason to promote same sex marriages.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#212814 Aug 28, 2013
In the end,

Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.

It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.

It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.

A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

#212815 Aug 28, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>An I wanna drive my truck 100 m.p.h. down the shoulder of the road to pass all the other idiot drivers, an I wanna take my neighbors barking dog out to the desert an drop it in a hole ,an I wanna shoot my .45 in the air on new years, and I wanna bungee jump off the golden gate bridge, an....an...Laws are made to keep the stupid people in line jerk wad because they just aint' got no common sense.
Well, do TRY to think about what I posted...

Driving 100 mph has great potential to harm others, since neither the cars nor the roads are meant to be driven that fast, leading to a loss of control.

Killing someone's beloved pet causes emotional distress.(But I can sympathize when it comes to barking dogs waking one up in the middle of the night.)

What goes up, must come down. If you live in the middle of a wilderness, no harm, in a city, you put others at risk.

Bungee jumping off the Golden Gate bridge creates traffic problems that harm others.

See? With just a little bit of thought, my suggestion covers most situations.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212816 Aug 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but monogamy DOES prevent sexually transmitted diseases, so that is just one more reason to promote same sex marriages.
LOL.. reminds me of something a comedian once said, "If you want people to stop having all this gay sex, have them stop the same way we stop having heterosexual sex.... let them get married"

#212817 Aug 28, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, an adopted child, say under age 6 is able to make that kind of choice, dumbass, just offer them a piece of gum and they'll love ya. Maybe you feel embarrased by your two daddys but I was never 'embarassed' by my folks. Having two daddys or two mommies wouldn't be a burden??? You are one dumb, fat headed clown, there are so many ways having ss parents I couldn't even know where to begin. And a child would rather have no parents and be back living in a 'home' that at the least have some sort of stability, no matter how f'd up it is??Once again you have gone way beyond proving your stupidity and blindness to facts. Keep it up , this only gets better, for me.
The reality is that studies done on children raised with same sex parents show them to be just fine. In some ways, they end up better than the children raised in SOME families with both biological parents...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212818 Aug 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
In the end,
a union so profound,
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
No marriage is a legal contract, what you were describing is your religions view of a marriage, but we marry people not of your religion all the time.

You are free to define your own marriage any way you want.... but you won’t be defining ours... you are not that important.

#212819 Aug 28, 2013
Jerseyboy For Life wrote:
Hurry up "Jesus" come back!,Sodom and Gomorah is being created here in America,against the majority of us.Pretty soon it will be "QUEER" to be straight,or normal like God intended..........But I'm happy,its a sign of the END TIMES.......God's wrath will prevail.......So injoy yourselves you Sodomites......Screw your brains out...
Silly, ignorant child, the sins of Sodom had nothing to do with homosexuality. Try actually READING a Bible instead of worshiping it on your alter...
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#212820 Aug 28, 2013
Pat Robertson sees gay ring plot
The 700 Club host warns people not to shake hands with gay S.F. men wearing rings.
http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2013/08/28/p...

Location hidden

#212821 Aug 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, at this point, I'm more married all by myself than SS couples are.
That's how severe your denial is.
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
If that fantasy gives you comfort, then hold on to it and cherish it.
How is that a fantasy?

You don't have to dumb down marriage to 'two people with a contract'.

There is no gender discrimination in our union, where ss couples are.

And there is no way any union can be more complete than me and me.

Frankly, I think you are jealous...

#212822 Aug 28, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
It does, when you seek to allow a mismatched set of people to marry. They do not compliment each other. Sexual gratification is not a valid reason to marry. Nor is financial gain.
Actually, either of those IS a valid reason to get married. They may not be GOOD reasons, but they have worked for countless couples (both same and opposite genders!) throughout history.
In fact, for the majority of human existence, marriages were specifically made for financial or political gain, with love having NO place in the selection of a mate for one's children.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#212823 Aug 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
In the end,
a union so profound,
What a load!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!!!!

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe you put that on here!!!

Are you for real?!?

I'll tell you what... Let me send that to "Hallmark". It would look great inside one of those cards with a man and woman silhouette on the front.

You are SO lame!

Next time you feel the need to write some poetry, immediately take a hammer in your hand and repeatedly bash it into your forehead until the feeling passes. I think we'll all be happier.

Location hidden

#212825 Aug 28, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!!!!
Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe you put that on here!!!
Are you for real?!?
I'll tell you what... Let me send that to "Hallmark". It would look great inside one of those cards with a man and woman silhouette on the front.
You are SO lame!
Next time you feel the need to write some poetry, immediately take a hammer in your hand and repeatedly bash it into your forehead until the feeling passes. I think we'll all be happier.
You thought it was poetry and Hallmark worthy?

I thought I was just stating some important facts.

Thank you!

What was your favorite part and why?
Gustavo

North Hollywood, CA

#212827 Aug 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant child, the sins of Sodom had nothing to do with homosexuality. Try actually READING a Bible instead of worshiping it on your alter...
Why do they call it "sodomized" when Rocky snuk up on Frankie for the first time then?
Cobalt

Covina, CA

#212829 Aug 28, 2013
America's biggest rocket launches top-secret spy satellite from base in California.
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

#212832 Aug 28, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that you are the ignorant child because you do not know what you are talking about. Apparently you have not read Genesis Chapter 19 very well, for it talks about two Angels that came to Sodom & Lot met with them and Angels would have been seduced by these wicked men if Lot had not had the Angels stay behind the door of his house. These wicked men wanted to have sex with the Angels because they said that they wanted to know them, but Lot offered his daughters to them instead because his daughters were virgins (of which also was not right to do), but Lot wanted to protect the Angels. So, how sick is that to have Angels being seduced by men of Sodom and have sex with them? You think that these cities did not have homosexuals? Maybe you need to Study to show yourself approved unto God, for a workman needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of Truth. This verse is found in Second Timothy 2:15. The word Sodomy comes from the town of Sodom. Please get a dictionary and look this up and also get a greek and hebrew dictionary so you will know what words mean.
Fur coats

Covina, CA

#212834 Aug 28, 2013
Go away and wear your fur coats inside out.
Sameoldstuff

Rock Island, IL

#212837 Aug 28, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that you are the ignorant child because you do not know what you are talking about. Apparently you have not read Genesis Chapter 19 very well, for it talks about two Angels that came to Sodom & Lot met with them and Angels would have been seduced by these wicked men if Lot had not had the Angels stay behind the door of his house. These wicked men wanted to have sex with the Angels because they said that they wanted to know them, but Lot offered his daughters to them instead because his daughters were virgins (of which also was not right to do), but Lot wanted to protect the Angels. So, how sick is that to have Angels being seduced by men of Sodom and have sex with them? You think that these cities did not have homosexuals? Maybe you need to Study to show yourself approved unto God, for a workman needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of Truth. This verse is found in Second Timothy 2:15. The word Sodomy comes from the town of Sodom. Please get a dictionary and look this up and also get a greek and hebrew dictionary so you will know what words mean.
Lot, hay he was the guy who got drunk and knocked up his daughters.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#212843 Aug 28, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Based on your idiocy, there is a 97-99% chance that both your mom and dad were gay.
Wow, you not having a clue or any reason to support your position should cause you to study and research, not expose yourself.
Peace.
I was just repeating the stupid analogy. When a kid is born, they just want to be happy by being fed. They don't start flirting. Most of us are way past arguing if people can be naturally homosexual. Off topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Temecula Man Arrested After Carjacking, Pursuit (Mar '07) Nov 8 Karma Believer 17
Review: John Hranek Law Offices (Jan '09) Nov 3 Linda 4
Wish.com is bogus Nov 2 tellinitlikeitis 2
News Man who carjacked Lake Elsinore shopkeeper is s... Oct 26 tcbizz 1
Review: Final Strike Martial Arts (Jul '16) Oct 24 Giallorenzo 93
Experienced e-Bay seller, hot pre-Holiday market! Oct 18 twinmommyhjw 1
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... (Feb '15) Oct '17 Hbwemail 11

Menifee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menifee Mortgages