Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,449

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211587 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>So you worship a Jonny Come Lately god? Homosexuality can be traced back as far as mankind. Good to know.
His God has been around longer than yours, a bowl of spaghetti that can fly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211588 Aug 22, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it.
You don't understand it so I should Google it. Priceless.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211589 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>No, not true, what is wrong is this. You religious freaks trying to impose your beliefs on others. Trying to govern via the Bible. Not gonna work.
Holy crap, this is funny as can be... Uh ..stupid... repost any of my posts where I refer to religion as my backing. You're a goof.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211590 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
What does common decency mean?
Do you support same sex marriage?
Here's how (guess you don't already know so that explains a lot) The little box at the top right hand of your computer (I'm betting you already know the basics of one, or ask your mommy, or one of your daddy's) type in ' c o m m o n d e c e n c y' and read what it says. I already know it won't mean much to you because you already believe in your own self-appointed narcisstic righteousness, but it is a unibiased definition. Good luck sweetcheeks .xxoxx
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211591 Aug 22, 2013
Dang, if it was unibiased it won't mean as much. Don't be a unbiasedophobe.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#211592 Aug 22, 2013
Heartandmind, I am sorry that you are taking everything I say and turning it around, but you cannot tell someone what to say. My husband and my intent is not to hurt anyone. We were discussing what you think that we are hurting children. What we believe and you believe are very different. You go ahead and do it your way, but we are doing it our way, the way that we feel that God would want us to do. We are not telling you what to do and we would greatly appreciate it if you would do the same. You have tried to make it sound that we are out there for some reason and purposely hurting children. The Bible says that if you hurt children then you should have a millstone wrapped around your neck and drowned in the deepest sea. You have no idea how many children we have come in contact with in our past and how many mothers have said thank you for now their children are Christians and living the way God would have them live. We cannot listen to anyone but our Authority and that is our Creator and you or anyone else will never change our minds. We believe that Christ is coming in the next few years and we see how our country of ours is going down the tubes and we are going to witness about Christ and His teachings until the end. I would suggest that you listen to one of the greatest speakers that we personally have ever listened to and his name is Jonathan Cahn, a Hebrew that is a Rabbi Christian Pastor that has a Church with Jews and Christians back east in New Jersey. You can find these messages on your search of Jonathan Cahn and scroll down to you get to these messages that I am telling you about. He was a keynote speaker for President Obama at the Inaguaral Prayer Breakfast in Jan. 2013. This is the most powerful message that I personally ever heard and cried all the way through it. He also spoke at a celebration for President George Washington in the Capitol Building in May of this year and he really gets the message out about what will be happening in our country if we turn away from God and not Obey His Commandments. He also wrote the very well known book of the "HARBINGER" with a "STUDY GUIDE OF THE HARBINGER". This is a story of which 9-11 had almost the same things that happened before, about 700 years B.C.. This is found in Isaiah chapter 9 verse 10. He believes that this verse is a warning because of the simularities of 9-11 and it will happen again soon if we do not ahere to God's Words and those words are found in Second Chronicles chapter 7 verse 14 and I quote: "IF MY PEOPLE, WHICH ARE CALLED BY MY NAME, SHALL HUMBLE THEMSELVES, AND PRAY, AND SEEK MY FACE, AND TURN FROM THEIR WICKED WAYS; THEN WILL I HEAR FROM HEAVEN, AND WILL FORGIVE THEIR SIN, AND WILL HEAL THEIR LAND."

We love children for we raised 3 of them and for you to suggest that we are hurting them is totally wrong, for we believe that we are helping them by giving them a great start in knowing God through His Son Jesus that can be in their lives and help them with every need including not becoming homosexuals or doing anything that is against our Creator. For this is who we are and this is what God is telling us to do for without God in our lives, we are nothing, for he did it all when he sent His Son to die for our sins and the sins of the world.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211594 Aug 22, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I think that is mostly Muhammad in his conquests.
That happened too, but I am talking specifically about the spread of Christianity in Europe at the point of the sword, the only reason Islam has not caused as much harm is because they have not existed as long, but they are trying to catch up, I don’t feel any better about them.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211595 Aug 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry homoerotic death threat!
Calm down Poofy. I'll report your sillyass. It's just a silly Topix thread. Don't commit felonies over it. You won't do well in prison.
Maybe he's referring to the fuzzy expressway.
sheesh

Culpeper, VA

#211596 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
To whom it may concern that is responding to my last comment. We do not agree on anything that any of you are saying, for you can tell us until you are blue in the face and we would never accept what you are talking about. All you are trying to do is go round and round about where homosexuality came from and we do not believe for one moment that anyone is born that way. There is scientific evidence if you would just take the time to check out "NOT BORN THAT WAY" and you will find the evidence written by doctors who have done alot of research on that subject and they also say that you are not born with a gene that is a homosexual gene. It is caused by man's sins being passed down from generation to generation. God has told me trough the "HOLY SPIRIT" that you are deadly wrong, so you go ahead and believe what you want and if you say that the "HOLY SPIRIT" says that we are wrong, there is only one way you will ever know and that is at the end of the world. The only thing we feel about this now is that we need to pray for you that you will find the Truth before your death, then when this happens, you will either be in the First Resurrection or the Second and neither of us want to be in the Second. We know that God can help people out of this sin and we do know people that have come out of it and feel so guilty that they sinned against their Creator that they had to also forgive themselves in order to live. They never had feelings again for the same-sex, for God was able to deliver them from their sins. May God though His Mercy help you understand more of his word, for as we said before, the Bible is a puzzle that has to be put all together and after you put the pieces together, all will come together for more understanding. Remember, God's Creation was made perfect and he does not create homosexuals. Why would God create homosexuals today when it is against nature anyway. God made man and woman to have children, for he did not make man & man or woman & woman. God also did not make children without limbs, or create a woman to kill her baby or because what you are saying is that if God is creating homosexuals, then he would be creating all these other things also and that would make God not creating things perfect anymore. After Jesus died and said "IT IS FINISHED", there was no more to say or no more to do for man if they did not accept His Sacrifice on The Cross. Once you start to deviate from Scriptures, you will have many problems trying to understand what is right and what is wrong.
I’ve pointed this out to you previously and you’ve ignored it because it is inconvenient.
Those scriptures you’re relying upon aren’t the originals and they’re not an accurate reflection of the originals. The translation was made several hundred years after the original writings. The translation was done in a culture that did not exist during the time of the original writings. The translation doesn’t even take into consideration the culture present at the time of the original writings. Word meanings change. This is obvious if one uses definitions that were applied to the words at the time of the original writings. That Bible you rely upon is a defiled version of the original. It has deviated from the original text. Blasphemy’s definition includes irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable.

You have many problems trying to sort right from wrong.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211597 Aug 22, 2013
! clueless, 1 nuts and only 1 disagree? I disagree!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211598 Aug 22, 2013
At least give me two nuts so I don't feel so odd, different, unusual.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211602 Aug 22, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he's referring to the fuzzy expressway.
Oh no maybe he is. The Hershey highway?
Trapper John

Monrovia, CA

#211603 Aug 22, 2013
Two peeped to poop?

Ah, shut your traps
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211604 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
commonpeeps...So do you support same sex marriage or not..
If not why?
Guess you're gonna skip all the difficult stuff, huh? So here goes, firstly the 'true' and 'original' definition of marriage does NOT support two men or two woman union. Period! Some how people don't like a definition of a word and can just change it?? Hows that?? Secondly I really really don't give a rats ass what two people do to or between themselves, screw, do drugs, fight, kill each other (mutual combat) what ever. When it starts to affect me then I have something to complain about.(I can already read your tiny mind "so how does it affect you?") You will NEVER understand that position. Third, homosexual behavior has, is and always will be against all rules of man, nature ,common decency and moral belief. LET ME POST THIS TO ALL YOU QUEERS I DID NOT SAY R E L I G I O N !!! I have NO intention of convincing you of any thing, that would mean I care about you and believe me I do not give a day old crap about you or your gay crew.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211605 Aug 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no maybe he is. The Hershey highway?
You just had to go there huh? It's a rock stretched out tunnel of a road.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#211606 Aug 22, 2013
sheesh, I do not mean to be rude, but we do not agree with you because homosexuality is not normal, for God did not intend for man to use his genitals to put into a rectum that is only suppose to be for bowel movements. God does not create homosexuals and we feel that you are being confused because you obiously have not read in one of our post about the site called "NOT BORN THAT WAY". We are not telling you what to believe, for you or anyone else on this forum can believe whatever you want to, but it seems to us that most people on this forum do not want to believe in God or they do not like some of the Scriptures. If God did not create homosexuals, then it means to us that this is abnormal, just like alot of things that people partake in. Please just let us be and we will let you be. We have studied the Scriptures also and we do have a Greek and Hebrew text and we do also alot of research. Thank you.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211607 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So wont answer....Ok run off now.
Decency common or not is wide range. hating someone or trying to keep someone from there life style is not decent. YOU LOSE.
You're still an idiot. To hate you would mean I give you a bit of concern, believe me, you do not concern me at all. I don't even know you. I do know that if you are an ass crack seeking gaylord your habits are disgusting in more ways than I can explain. xxoxx
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211608 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So wont answer....Ok run off now.
You're like the little punk kid that flips the bird as she's running away.
sheesh

Montgomery Village, MD

#211609 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
For your information, we did not get any information from Pat Robertson, for we do not even listen to his program at all. We told the forum that we got our information from a organization of which we support on all the topics that they are involved with. It is called ( saveCalifornia.com ), but the site is "NOT BORN THAT WAY". Pat Robertson may support this group of which we are not aware of, but that is not the issue here. Lesbians can be cured and I have heard many testimonies that homosexuals left that sin and had a difficult time forgiving themselves and also asking God to forgive them, but they did come out of the closet and became straight again. God loves you and he can heal you for God is the Creator of all things and he did not create homosexuals as we stated in the our last thread. He created a perfect world and then man began to disobey Him.
Your favorite website is a sham. There is no science present on that website. What you fail to understand is that testimonials are not scientific evidence.
Your favorite website is dishonest in referencing Dr. Francis Collins with the following statement:

your link wrote:
Dr. Francis Collins, Director of the Genome Project, has stated that while homosexuality may be genetically influenced, it is “… not hardwired by DNA, and (that) whatever genes are involved represent predispositions, not predetermination[s].” He also states that “…the prominent role of individual free will choices have a profound effect on us.
His response to this:
Dr Collins wrote:
It troubles me greatly to learn that anything I have written would cause anguish for you or others who are seeking answers to the basis of homosexuality. The words quoted by NARTH all come from the Appendix to my book “The Language of God”(pp. 260-263), but have been juxtaposed in a way that suggests a somewhat different conclusion that I intended. I would urge anyone who is concerned about the meaning to refer back to the original text.
This is what he actually said in his book:
page 260 wrote:
An area of particularly strong public interest is the genetic basis of homosexuality. Evidence from twin studies does in fact support the conclusion that heritable factors play a role in male homosexuality. However, the likelihood that the identical twin of a homosexual male will also be gay is about 20%(compared with 2-4 percent of males in the general population), indicating that sexual orientation is genetically influenced but not hardwired by DNA, and that whatever genes are involved represent predispositions, not predeterminations.
Your evidence is based upon deception.

What does the Bible tell us about dishonesty?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211612 Aug 22, 2013
just skip away little princess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murrieta Police misconduct (Mar '08) 10 hr thelevel 111
Menifee- will it take a turn for the worst? (Aug '09) Wed tellinitlikeitis 79
inquiry of Carlos Perez (May '11) Tue jolly rancher 146
Get a Free Haircut from La Mode Salon Tue Kathy karch 1
pastors who lie (May '08) Mar 3 Friend 4 Life 1,123
Golden Corral is located at 1834 N. Perris Blvd... (Mar '12) Mar 1 Diane Parker 10
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... Feb 26 hemet sucks 2

Menifee News Video

Menifee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:45 am PST