Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
183,341 - 183,360 of 200,607 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211264 Aug 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is as real and as legal and as valid as any other religion.
You are just a non-believer :D
I personally think Christianity is a joke, my thinking that doesn’t change anything just as your thinking about FSM doesn’t change anything.
You are a liar. You do not really believe in a bowl of limp pasta that can fly.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211265 Aug 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe just as much as Christians believe Christ who told them it is not thier place to judge.:)

As I can prove that Pastafarians believe in their religion just as much as Christians do, that puts them on equal footing, belief wise :)

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211266 Aug 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
Pastafarianism is a real religion.
Most of us do not believe a religion – Christianity, Islam, Pastafarianiasm – requires literal belief in order to provide spiritual enlightenment. That is, we can be part of a community without becoming indoctrinated. There are many levels of belief.
By design, the only dogma allowed in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the rejection of dogma. That is, there are no strict rules and regulations, there are no rote rituals and prayers and other nonsense. Every member has a say in what this church is and what it becomes.
To outsiders it makes us hard to define, but here are some general things that can be said about our beliefs:
» We believe pirates, the original Pastafarians, were peaceful explorers and it was due to Christian misinformation that they have an image of outcast criminals today
» We are fond of beer
» Every Friday is a Religious Holiday
» We do not take ourselves too seriously
» We embrace contradictions (though in that we are hardly unique)
You sound like the opposite of the westboro woman, suzaane henderson and her husband. Really big D? Thought you were higher then that?

Sacramento, CA

#211267 Aug 21, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
To heartandmind,
I hope that you did not misunderstand me, but the family member is not homosexual at all. The other one says that they had accepted Christ when they were younger, but does not take it as seriously as we do, but is married now with 1 child and now hates homosexuality and regrets that they were ever a homosexual. We truly believe that God can do anything if you put your full trust in Him. Like our family member, when I was at a loss and was depending on the clinic to help her, I happen to see a Christian Program and they said that there is a woman out there by my name and there will be a healing for a family member and I said that was for me, I laid hands on her and she started acting more normal and got better day by day. I do not know if you have ever experienced healings, but we have seen them face to face. One of my sons had kidney disease at the age of 12 and was in the hospital for 1 week with all the sympthoms and we had our Christian Friends go over everyday to the hospital to pray and one week later the doctor was going to take my son on a helicopter to another city to have him checked out and the day we went to the hospital to watch them put him on the helicopter, the doctor came to us and said, I do not know what happened to your son in the middle of the night, but he is well today and that was 38 years ago and has never had any kidney problems again, so I know first hand experience what God can do. I for myself had a severe mental problem with panic attacks over 50 years ago and it took awhile for me to recover, but I never saw a phychiatrist and I turned to God and he helped me and I have overcome that fear. The family member was not misdiagnosed at all, we all knew what was wrong with her, but we worked with her without medicine and prayed continually about her condition and she has overcome her problem. We know what God can do if we Trust in Him and Obey all His Commandments. We watch Christian programs alot and Study the Scriptures regularly. My husband leads Bible Studies and we no not belong to any Church which means (called out) in greek. God's Temple is not made with hands as if he needed any (that is found in Acts chapter 17 where Apostle Paul was speaking at Athens, Greece). We are committed in trying to help those out there that we have come in contact with. When you mentioned that these people that we know that were homosexuals, believe me that they have no feelings anymore about the same sex at all. They are disgusted with the whole idea and it makes them sick to their stomach. God can help anyone with any sin. I use to gamble and gave it up cold turkey because I was getting overwhelmed by the whole idea of winning money and God one day had a situation appear to me and I ran from it, so I was delivered completely. Out of all the years that my husband and I have been in a ministry, we have been with lots of people with different types of sin and they came out of sin and God delivered them. We know a family of 7 people who had a complete miracle and came to Christ because there family was going down the tubes. So, you may have different experiences, but you have not been where we have been. Sorry that I am clumping all of this together. Thank you.
LIAR!
suzanne henderson wrote:
Dear heartandmind, We will not write back to anyone individually anymore, for we believe it is a waste of our time.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211268 Aug 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides you are not given the power to decide what level of belief is required for other religions.

I agree with all the 8 "Id really rather you dint’s"

That will suffice for my brethren :)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211269 Aug 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe just as much as Christians believe Christ who told them it is not thier place to judge.:)
As I can prove that Pastafarians believe in their religion just as much as Christians do, that puts them on equal footing, belief wise :)
Oh, great. You ridicule everyone else's God but you worship a bowl of spaghetti, that's sane.

Sacramento, CA

#211270 Aug 21, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
To heartandmind,
I hope that you did not misunderstand me, but the family member is not homosexual at all. They have never been married, but lives with us and homsexuality is something that they talk about all them time and are disgusted with the whole thing.
I would suggest to stop thinking about it all the time and move on to another subject. If they think about it as much as you do, then it might be that they are curious about it sexually. I also would suggest if they are not happy with it, then don't try it, but I'm guessing they secretly fantasize about it and need to step out of the closet.

Sacramento, CA

#211271 Aug 21, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
Dear heartandmind, We will not write back to anyone individually anymore, for we believe it is a waste of our time.

LIAR!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211272 Aug 21, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like the opposite of the westboro woman, suzaane henderson and her husband. Really big D? Thought you were higher then that?
Big D is pretty high.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#211273 Aug 21, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>If the thought of anal sex upsets you. Stop thinking about it.
Sterility has nothing to do with marriage.
The truth is this, you are obsessed with two mwn having sex. Get over it.
Thinking about it gives me a Charlie horse in my sphincter muscle so I don't.

But that doesn't change the fact that it is a silly stupid alternative to natural sex our bodies are designed for. A physical oneness that only a man and woman can model. That my friend is what I am obsessed with. However my wife hits me when I obsess about that...
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#211274 Aug 21, 2013
To heartandmind,

I forgot to address, my husband and I have worked with many children. We never have brought up homosexuality or any type of sin they may be involved in. We just let them know that Jesus loves them and will help them the rest of their lives and then God will take over from there and help them. I suppose that you may go along with the Governor or New Jersey to let children just go ahead and be homosexuals if they want and if the parents do not agree, they could possibly have their children taken away from them because they want to get help for them. God forbid, for with any sin that our children are being driven to, we as parents have the right to help them everyway that we can. My children strayed once in awhile with drinking and we helped them out of it through the Word of God. This is what we are suppose to do and homosexuality is not at all normal and if we have a child that has a adnormal behavior, we help them by making them understand that God is there for anyone and he can lift you up and heal your body or mind. Please do not judge something when you do not know what we have done. You say that I am not loving, well I do not rely on anybody on this forum to love me, for I did not go this forum to find love, for I have plenty of people around me that love me. I am only on this forum for someone out there that may need help in finding God and that he wlll help them with their guilt or whatever they are experiencing that they know is wrong. You actually are trying to tell me what to do, for I am not telling you how to write on your post, so could you have the same courtesy? We all on the forum have a right to be on there where one likes it or not, even with the vulgar comments, profanity, bad language etc.. It is obious that we are on here for different reasons and that is just fine, but you and others need to learn that we all have opinions that we may not agree on. When I was leading Bible Studies, we did all agree, but we had respect for one another and if there was something that was bothering someone about Scripture that they did not agree on, we met privitely and discussed it. Thank you.

Sacramento, CA

#211275 Aug 21, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
To heartandmind,
She feels like we do that if the homosexuals feel that they are normal, then they should prove they are by having children normally.
Do you say the same thing to a straight couple that can't have kids normally and adopt? Stop playing God and deciding who is normal or not? Move to Topeka, Kansas and join your team.

Sacramento, CA

#211276 Aug 21, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
I for myself had a severe mental problem with panic attacks over 50 years ago and it took awhile for me to recover, but I never saw a phychiatrist and I turned to God and he helped me and I have overcome that fear.
Sounds like you have a family history of mental illness, you really should seek treatment, you don't seem to be cured.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#211277 Aug 21, 2013
Within 20 years same sex marriage will be legal in all 50 states. PROGRESS DOES NOT STOP FOR HATE AND BIGOTRY.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211278 Aug 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, great. You ridicule everyone else's God but you worship a bowl of spaghetti, that's sane.
Point to the post where I said I worship anything :)

Sacramento, CA

#211279 Aug 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D is pretty high.
He is sounding like suzzane's atheist extreme. There are extreme's on every side. I really think Johah1 is the most fair when it comes to religion.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#211280 Aug 21, 2013
I did say that I would not personally write anyone back individually, but what I should have said because I have been saying all along that if anyone that I think that may be serious about what I am talking about, I will write them back, so I thought this was one of them, but now I feel like they may not be on the same path of which they said that in one the comments. You can call me any names that you want for everyone that tries their very best to put me down, so I put you on my prayer list (of which I have alot of names now) and you never know when you will have a crisis, like death of a family member, terroists attack, illness that is not curable, then you may, just may be interested to know if you are on the right path!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211281 Aug 21, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like the opposite of the westboro woman, suzaane henderson and her husband. Really big D? Thought you were higher then that?
Hey if others can use this forum as an advertisement board for their religion why not everyone?

I thought about Taoism, but thought FSM would be funnier.

The point,( which has been lost on just about everyone so far ) is that we are a secular nation, we protect your religious rights, no matter which religion it is, equal in the eyes of the law, but we make no law for the establishment of any religion, protecting the non-religious, and each religion from each other, again equal in the eyes of the law.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211282 Aug 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides you are not given the power to decide what level of belief is required for other religions.
I agree with all the 8 "Id really rather you dint’s"
That will suffice for my brethren :)
So everyone else's sky fairy is ridiculous. But your sky fairy, a flying bowl of spaghetti, is real. Got it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211283 Aug 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking about it gives me a Charlie horse in my sphincter muscle so I don't...
High five!

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Little Ricky 15,966
Californians fight over migrants 1 hr dragonX 132
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Duh 5,015
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr napalmers 7,933
Paving Fraud Suspect Arrested (Oct '08) Sat nikki 377
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Sat james marple 50
Re-Elect Tom Fuhrman Menifee City Council Aug 28 Quail Valley Resi... 8
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••