Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,794

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207411 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have the law on your side, and you are allowed in our childrenís schools, while KiMare is banned from the same.
Donít let the moron upset you, KiMare's opinions nothing but whining from a loser.
Aside from my joke...
School sponsored/mandated prayer is illegal in public schools. However, religion itself is not--nor is prayer in and of itself. If a student or group of students want to pray, the school can't stop them. Doing so would violate their First, Ninth, and 14th Amendment rights.
If a student wants to read the Bible or hold a Bible study/discussion outside of class, it is allowed.
Learning the historical and/or philosophical influences of religion as part of a lesson would also be allowable.
And Stephen T, you're wrong. The First Amendment not only prohibits state sponsorship of religion, it also prohibits government interference with religion. If I want to pray on the steps of the Capitol Building, it is my constitutionally protected right to do so.
If I am in a state run and funded hospital, I can have a priest come in and conduct services for me.
I can practice my religious beliefs--or lack of them--anywhere I choose, in private or in public, provided of course that doing so does not unreasonably infringe on the rights of others or create a "public nuisance" (such as running through downtown naked).
"Separation of church and state"--which does NOT appear ANYWHERE in the Constitution--means just what it says: religion and the state are separate. The "state" can not create a religion and mandate its practice, nor can the state prevent the practice of religion.
Seriously, how much more clear can it get than "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; "?
*Or prohibiting the free exercise thereof*.
Public schools can not legally *force* students to pray, but they also can not legally *prevent* students from praying outside of class--or even in class if it doesn't interfere. They are forbidden from doing both by the First Amendment.

So, quit thundering about YET MORE of your bullshit. It's getting tiresome...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207412 Aug 5, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are trying to offend me, as I said before, it will not work because Christ is on my side. I have been married 55 years and God has kept us together. I am sorry that you must not have a relationship with our creator. You are turning evil for good and good for evil and you are not alone because that is the way our nation is going, so we do know that Christ is coming soon. I do not know who you are, but God does and if I was you, I would be very careful who you are talking to because someone is listening to you. As far as the Church, my husband and I do not attend any Church building and that is another subject that most of this forum probably do not know what you are talking about. The word Church comes from a greek word meaning "Called Out" and it is not a building, for God does not dwell in buildings made with hands. We have a ministry to help others and do not take any offerings. Jesus loves you and has a plan for your life and unless you make Him your Lord and Savior, you will be lost forever. The Bible says that when the end is near of which we are in the end times, we as the "Called Out" which is the Body of Believers in Jesus (Yeshua), that we will be persecuted and that is what I expected on this forum, so this is no surprise that you are acting this way. Unless you respond with Scripture, I will not address you anymore. I only listen to what God says in Scripture for I follow Christ and his word daily. If your name is Dan, you will be in our prayers for forgiveness and asking Christ to come into your life, so that you can have a better life and have more constructive conversations on this forum.
Shaddup with that "Big Brother is gonna get you" shit that your kind has brainwashed children with.

Scumbag cultist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207413 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on every point
I donít happen to be a homosexual
Millions of people use sex for sexual gratification every day, good luck changing that.
I have a lot to add, we need to continue to keep people like you away from our children.
I have not been denied anything, nor have my friends that do happen to be homosexual, and are married, legally, and recognized on the state and federal level.
It is you that are denied from coming to our childrenís schools and preaching your hatred.
Keep your kids away from ours, we don't want our kids to catch your:
Bigotry.
Fundamentalism.
Intolerance.
Atheism.

Teach your kids at home, if you wish.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207414 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet you still donít have a clue what this country is about?
I doubt your claim anyway, some of my relatives were involved in the American revolution, and a tiny few of them predate Europeans coming here in the first place.
My European ancestors chained yours up and dragged them here... Who do you think you're kidding?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207415 Aug 5, 2013
Jesus is coming soon! How many centuries have we heard that crap?

Yeah, God "loves" you only as long as you worship it. God is too human, too power crazed, too needy, too possessive, too much a clinging vine. What does a God need with little old me anyway? Is God a stalker? Is God like one of those guys who beats women, who can never let her go and let her have her own life?

Makes as much sense as my demanding a bee hive to bow down to me, or else I'll take a flamethrower to it.

God is bi-polar. "I HATE you! Go to hell!! Don't leave me!"

Damn kooks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cowboy Dan

Sacramento, CA

#207416 Aug 5, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are trying to offend me, as I said before, it will not work because Christ is on my side. I have been married 55 years and God has kept us together. I am sorry that you must not have a relationship with our creator. You are turning evil for good and good for evil and you are not alone because that is the way our nation is going, so we do know that Christ is coming soon. I do not know who you are, but God does and if I was you, I would be very careful who you are talking to because someone is listening to you. As far as the Church, my husband and I do not attend any Church building and that is another subject that most of this forum probably do not know what you are talking about. The word Church comes from a greek word meaning "Called Out" and it is not a building, for God does not dwell in buildings made with hands. We have a ministry to help others and do not take any offerings. Jesus loves you and has a plan for your life and unless you make Him your Lord and Savior, you will be lost forever. The Bible says that when the end is near of which we are in the end times, we as the "Called Out" which is the Body of Believers in Jesus (Yeshua), that we will be persecuted and that is what I expected on this forum, so this is no surprise that you are acting this way. Unless you respond with Scripture, I will not address you anymore. I only listen to what God says in Scripture for I follow Christ and his word daily. If your name is Dan, you will be in our prayers for forgiveness and asking Christ to come into your life, so that you can have a better life and have more constructive conversations on this forum.
im em here not offending anyone! im just looking for some of the godly love u offer. There's a dance Saturday, so put on your best bib and tucker, let's git it done! Let's git a wiggle on! ya hate the church, so let's giti t done?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207417 Aug 5, 2013
45 Lucky Charms, in triplicate??? My God!!! You guys were on a roll today...
SALUT!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mongooss

Monrovia, CA

#207418 Aug 5, 2013
Fool just dry up and go away go start anther blog on someone else's site.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207419 Aug 5, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from my joke...
School sponsored/mandated prayer is illegal in public schools. However, religion itself is not--nor is prayer in and of itself. If a student or group of students want to pray, the school can't stop them. Doing so would violate their First, Ninth, and 14th Amendment rights.
If a student wants to read the Bible or hold a Bible study/discussion outside of class, it is allowed.
Learning the historical and/or philosophical influences of religion as part of a lesson would also be allowable.
And Stephen T, you're wrong. The First Amendment not only prohibits state sponsorship of religion, it also prohibits government interference with religion. If I want to pray on the steps of the Capitol Building, it is my constitutionally protected right to do so.
If I am in a state run and funded hospital, I can have a priest come in and conduct services for me.
I can practice my religious beliefs--or lack of them--anywhere I choose, in private or in public, provided of course that doing so does not unreasonably infringe on the rights of others or create a "public nuisance" (such as running through downtown naked).
"Separation of church and state"--which does NOT appear ANYWHERE in the Constitution--means just what it says: religion and the state are separate. The "state" can not create a religion and mandate its practice, nor can the state prevent the practice of religion.
Seriously, how much more clear can it get than "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; "?
*Or prohibiting the free exercise thereof*.
Public schools can not legally *force* students to pray, but they also can not legally *prevent* students from praying outside of class--or even in class if it doesn't interfere. They are forbidden from doing both by the First Amendment.
So, quit thundering about YET MORE of your bullshit. It's getting tiresome...
Great post. Big D won't respond.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207420 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie rolled into a pharmacy that happens to specialize in adult undergarments.
The pharmacist asks, "What will it be?"
And Frankie says, "That Depends."
You really screwed that joke up by the way. The punchline is supposed to be just "Depends". As in what does an 80 year old woman's snatch taste like?- Depends.

You should have made it so Frankie says "Depends". Not "That depends" That's dopey! What a moron. But at least you got in the spirit and tried. Real proud of you. Now try one without messing it up so bad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207421 Aug 5, 2013
Mongooss wrote:
Fool just dry up and go away go start anther blog on someone else's site.
Aw shuddup.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Long Beach, CA

#207422 Aug 5, 2013
horatio_hornblower wrote:
Why do gay men always fantasize about little boys?
They don't, troll. You're thinking of pedophiles.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Long Beach, CA

#207423 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More gay twirl lies VV.
Previously you denied it indicated a defect even in theory.
You only confirm your character with the gay troll attack.
You need to stop your hetero twirl lies and your hetero troll attacks. Or hermaphro-troll attacks if that's what you are. Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Long Beach, CA

#207424 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And so begins another mind rotting day on Topix. Big D is all bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to pontificate down to us. VV is already rambling on and on mindlessly. Should be fun!
So how about not spending all day on Topix? Find something constructive to do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Long Beach, CA

#207425 Aug 5, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
For those of you who responded to my comments last evening about my comments on this forum that are not constructive. If you think that you can offend me in anyway, it will not work, for I am a Child of God through His Son Jesus (Yeshua). My husband and I have been married for 55 years and that is because we have Christ in our lives to keep us together by following Him on a everyday basis. How many of you out there have that kind of track record? I am not here to judge anyone, but would like to share some Scripture with you. We have no secret way of coming to Christ, for we all have to come to Him the same way and I would like to comment that we have all sinned and fall short of the Glory of our Creator and we all need Christ in our lives to live the way God created us to live. You do not believe because you have not searched for the Truth. The Scripture says in the Book of First Corinthians Chapter 2 Verses 12-14 and I quote: "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." Also, if you are not a Christian and if you ask Christ to come into your lives, you will be in for a great AWAKENING. You would never believe how Christ can help change your thinking and you begin a New Life all over. You will be forgiven for anything that you have done in the past that was sinful and you will be free from sin. Our world as we know it today is becoming more and more sinful and God did destroy Sodom and Gomorrah and also destroyed all people except for Noah and his family because they were righteous and God will destroy again. Accept Christ while he may be found and before it is to late, for he is coming soon. In the Book of Revelation Chapter 3 Verses 20-21 and I quote: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Amen & Amen
Please reduce the length of your posts significantly. Thanks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207426 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really screwed that joke up by the way. The punchline is supposed to be just "Depends". As in what does an 80 year old woman's snatch taste like?- Depends.
You should have made it so Frankie says "Depends". Not "That depends" That's dopey! What a moron. But at least you got in the spirit and tried. Real proud of you. Now try one without messing it up so bad.
I made up that joke just for you. And now you shyte all over it. You're never satisfied.

I think I'll have a clove cigarette.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Long Beach, CA

#207427 Aug 5, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for responding to my comments. I hope that you will look for the Truth because someday you will have to face our Creator and tell him that you did not want Him in your life and personally, I would not want to be in your shoes at that time. He is here to help you and if more people out there would just take a good look at His Beautiful Creation that he created for all of us to enjoy, maybe, just maybe, you will find Him. May you look to Christ while he may be found, for someday when He returns, it will be too late. I really am not writing to argue, for you cannot argue about God anyway. I believe "GOD SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT AND THAT SETTLES IT."
You sound like a mentally ill person shouting on the street corner downtown.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Long Beach, CA

#207428 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was.
The article we were discussing never said it was.
You claimed the article didn't describe the the epi-marker as a mistake. I showed you lied. Now you keep lying some more.
Your entire life IS a lie, so just shutup fool.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Long Beach, CA

#207430 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup.
Please do the same.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sheesh

Stafford, VA

#207431 Aug 5, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted, they're all wound pretty tight, but I base first hand knowledge. my family is infested with know-it-all CoC'ers.
My family was invaded by Pentecostals. Everyone but them and those of the Jewish faith are dooooomed. They speak in tongues too.

I've got first hand knowledge too. It ain't pretty.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Experienced Group of Con Artists occupying my h... (May '13) Fri Elise Gingerich 158
bradley rd. Mar 23 DMJBF 3
News Gurzi Pleads Guilty, Sentenced to 12 Years in P... (Dec '07) Mar 22 tracy 8
Reckless People!!! Mar 22 Concerned 1
Ktistie Rose , and Rebecca Messer - 1st service... Mar 19 ray 1
Diabetes: I believe it's due to obesity Mar 17 ignorancekillsus 17
inquiry of Carlos Perez (May '11) Mar 16 RompeCulos 149
Menifee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]