Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201871 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#200286 Jul 4, 2013
WortHogs wrote:
The Republican House voted to cut $21 billion from food stamps.
They didn't adjust the tax code so the wealthy pay their fair share.
They didn't trim the over-inflated military budget where we spend more than the entire world combined on defense.
No, no, instead they chose to take it out of the mouths of children and the elderly, and the poor.
And then they smile, stand tall and call themselves Christians.
So, where is the religious right?
Where are the churches that claim to believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ?
*shayks hed*

frig my lifes

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200287 Jul 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
R.I.P. James Gandolfini. My favorite Sopranos was when he took his daughter to college and stepped out and killed someone on the same trip. Now that's multitasking! Saving energy. Combine trips.
I remember that episode. Do you remember the beach house one, Tony was trying to back out of the deal, the guy with whom he made the deal said no,, so he had the boys take "Stugots", the boat, put a pair of giant speakers on it, and sail it pass the guy's beach house, playing Dino on the stereo at full volume. Classic Soprano's.
FoNow

Covina, CA

#200288 Jul 4, 2013
Next 401K wipe out, Bonds run for hills, low yields are coming - stag flatation.

Since: Jan 10

Pataskala, OH

#200289 Jul 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriots wish all Americans a happy Independence Day. Even you left wing loonies.
Happy 4th of July you dopey commie!
Same to you, here's hoping it's your last.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200290 Jul 4, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Same to you, here's hoping it's your last.
wow, here's another one advocating violence and hate.

Since: Jan 10

Pataskala, OH

#200291 Jul 4, 2013
WortHogs wrote:
The Republican House voted to cut $21 billion from food stamps.
They didn't adjust the tax code so the wealthy pay their fair share.
They didn't trim the over-inflated military budget where we spend more than the entire world combined on defense.
No, no, instead they chose to take it out of the mouths of children and the elderly, and the poor.
And then they smile, stand tall and call themselves Christians.
So, where is the religious right?
Where are the churches that claim to believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ?
They are busy greedily counting the money from the collection plates.:)

Since: Jan 10

Pataskala, OH

#200292 Jul 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>wow, here's another one advocating violence and hate.
What are you talking about idiot? I never condone hate and violence. Youíre just so stupid.
Getting Better

Covina, CA

#200293 Jul 4, 2013
I'm very glad that the Muslim Brotherhood's radical Islam rule was rejected by the people of Egypt.

Don't worry, we won't get involved our own regime made the error of supporting this M.B. scum a year ago, oops another mistake.
The Lady Doctor

Portland, OR

#200294 Jul 4, 2013
Rock, Kimare. AK, Frank and the rest of you pathetic losers Its a DONE DEAL. Maybe it's time to stop worrying about other peoples sex lives and try to get some for yourselves?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200295 Jul 4, 2013
The Lady Doctor wrote:
Rock, Kimare. AK, Frank and the rest of you pathetic losers Its a DONE DEAL. Maybe it's time to stop worrying about other peoples sex lives and try to get some for yourselves?
Frank is happy about it because it's a step towards equality. But Frank is not happy that you consider it a done deal while there are good people still being denied marriage.

The bottom line is Frank supports marriage equality and you do not. So it's time to stop worrying about Frank and worry about your own hypocritical ass.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200296 Jul 4, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Same to you, here's hoping it's your last.
Nice!

I hope you live a long healthy life. Even though you're a selfish little brat.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200297 Jul 4, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about idiot? I never condone hate and violence. Youíre just so stupid.
Oh the irony.
neo

Hanford, CA

#200298 Jul 4, 2013
Getting Better wrote:
I'm very glad that the Muslim Brotherhood's radical Islam rule was rejected by the people of Egypt.
Don't worry, we won't get involved our own regime made the error of supporting this M.B. scum a year ago, oops another mistake.
Let's hope that the people of Egypt can establish a true democracy that serves all Egyptians. By virtue of their humanity they have the God given right to life, liberty ,and the pursuit of happiness.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200299 Jul 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that episode. Do you remember the beach house one, Tony was trying to back out of the deal, the guy with whom he made the deal said no,, so he had the boys take "Stugots", the boat, put a pair of giant speakers on it, and sail it pass the guy's beach house, playing Dino on the stereo at full volume. Classic Soprano's.
Great one! RIP Tony.
wtf

United States

#200300 Jul 4, 2013
funny how the rainbow pages can discriminate on what business' they put in their book..the rainbow pages is the business they own so they can do that BUT if a person who owns a bakery does the same thing then they get sued and drug through the mud..its so funny how that works!! hypocrits!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200301 Jul 4, 2013
The Lady Doctor wrote:
Rock, Kimare. AK, Frank and the rest of you pathetic losers Its a DONE DEAL. Maybe it's time to stop worrying about other peoples sex lives and try to get some for yourselves?
Are you that spun out post monkey "ELH"? Oy vey. Finally let you out of the rubber room?
laughing man

Luton, UK

#200302 Jul 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>wow, here's another one advocating violence and hate.
I also have a Rage Grrrl. Full blown estrogen crazed mancrush. Thanks to the SCROTUS, they're feeling empowered.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/round-lake-il...
laughing man

Luton, UK

#200303 Jul 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that spun out post monkey "ELH"? Oy vey. Finally let you out of the rubber room?
Notice that GLAAD scripture from the Fundamentalists where they never acknowledge their very very public Caligula displays, the "pride" parades and Folsom Street and "how Berzerkeley can you be?"

We don't know what's going on behind closed doors, but we damn sure know the REST of what the militant kooks are doing, like it or not.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

#200304 Jul 4, 2013
The Story of Lake KiMare

A boy was swimming in a lake on a warm summer day. He was splashing around in the water, enjoying the afternoon sun. Two men who never learned to swim came along in a boat and thought the boy in the water was drowning. They didnít understand that the boy was a proficient swimmer. The men in the boat extended olive branches to the boy in the water, saying ďGrab on, let me help you! You will drown!Ē
The boy in the water did not accept the olive branch. He said,ďNo, nothing is wrong! Iím just going for a swim!Ē The men in the boat did not understand, and still thought the boy was drowning. One offered the olive branch again, and was again rejected. He was angry at what he thought was a stupid boy. But he knew he did his best to help. He kept the boat close to the boy, telling him ďIíll stay right here. If you get tired, grab on to the side of the boat and Iíll pull you in!Ē And he began to understand that the boy was a good swimmer and was not drowning. He just hadnít understood because swimming was foreign to him!
The other man in the boat extended the olive branch again also, and was rejected. So he proceeded to beat the boy with the olive branch, lashing at him again and again for not accepting his help. He told the boy over and over again how stupid he was for not grabbing on to the olive branch. He was so angry at the swimming boy that he could not see that the boy did not want or need help. Nothing was wrong. The boy was safe. The man just didnít understand swimming. He thought people should always be on land or in a boat.
Of the two men in the boat, which one truly exhibited love and compassion? Both extended the olive branch. Both claimed they tried to help the boy. But one was a hypocrite, wearing only a mask of love while he beat the boy over and over with the olive branch.
Take off the mask. Open your eyes. Some people know how to swim. Let them swim, even if you hate swimming. Be there for them if they begin to drown. Extend olive branches in peace. Do not use them as weapons.
laughing man

Luton, UK

#200305 Jul 4, 2013
Speak the Troof wrote:
Take off the mask. Open your eyes. Some people know how to swim. Let them swim, even if you hate swimming. Be there for them if they begin to drown. Extend olive branches in peace. Do not use them as weapons.
Moral of the story:

Don't be a sloganeering mental cripple. Throw away your crayons and your Fundamentalist phrasebook, red letter edition, with "homophobe" and "hater" and "racist" and "bigot" and "sexist" and "civil rights" and "global warming".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Final Strike Martial Arts (Jul '16) Wed Thomas Servantes 91
Experienced e-Bay seller, hot pre-Holiday market! Oct 18 twinmommyhjw 1
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... (Feb '15) Oct 10 Hbwemail 11
Hot air balloon rescue? Oct 5 Alishaf 1
Menifee Authors (Feb '15) Sep 29 Indiewriter 4
Missing Cat Sep 25 Anonymous 1
News District officials are calling the facility the... Sep 24 marg 1

Menifee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menifee Mortgages