Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
173,821 - 173,840 of 200,597 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199797
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye Frankie.
Bye. Glad you're leaving. You're boring and stupid.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199798
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's the men from the Greek island of Lesbos.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199800
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
People voted on a ballot initiative that was unconstitutional, as it infringed on the rights of others. In the US, we have a system of checks and balances to correct these situations. Sometimes it just takes a while.
Was that the fault of the people that voted? You do understand the outcome of that vote says a lot about how people really feel.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199802
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Sup Paco? Twice the people voted for a unconstitutional law. Dang you people are S-L-O-W
Welcome to the People's Republic of Amerikka. Where in the constitution is marriage even mentioned? So if a federal marriage amendment, for the sake of discussion, is added to the constitution, would that be "unconstitutional"?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199803
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I think Ronald should sue this clown impersonating his honey. I will be a witness that indeed he has slandered, trampled on and sullied the poor canine's splendid reputation. Typical oaf. Buffoon. Lout. Galoot.
Calm down KiMare / Frankie aka Sybil.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199804
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I would, as long as religion has no bearing on the law. But we know, thats a lie. The only people who wish Polygamy are doing so based on religion. Then what, child brides???? Frankie you are dead wrong and you know it.
No. you are wrong. Some if not many atheists are polygamists. But thanks for admitting you believe we should deny equal rights based on religion.

Did you see the article on gay polygamy in the Advocate? Those 3 guys aren't religious. I wish them well in their fight for marriage equality. I guess you do too as long as they are not religious?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199805
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they were. Their right to marry an adult human being of their choosing was denied. And this was over-ruled.
Please point to any state law, where those exact words are contained in any state marriage law? So if a person chooses to marry a sibling, that should be allowed?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199806
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that there are many who give a flying f**k what you think?
Back atcha.*smirk*
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199807
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the People's Republic of Amerikka. Where in the constitution is marriage even mentioned? So if a federal marriage amendment, for the sake of discussion, is added to the constitution, would that be "unconstitutional"?
Not if Jizzy liked it.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199808
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye. Glad you're leaving. You're boring and stupid.
So you just admitted to being KiMare. LOL. What a dope.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199809
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the People's Republic of Amerikka. Where in the constitution is marriage even mentioned? So if a federal marriage amendment, for the sake of discussion, is added to the constitution, would that be "unconstitutional"?
Wrong Paco, the judge found the law to be in violation of the constitution. The 9th backed him up. Scotus dumped it for lack of standing. Dang you people are S-L-O-W
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199810
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
In the eyes of the law, marriage is a contract between 2 adult human beings. So no, you cannot. You may have an alcoholic parade if you obtain the financing and necessary permits.
It used to be a contract between two people of different gender. We dropped the gender part. Why can't we drop the number part? Why is your version of marriage better than anyone elses version and why should it be the only one allowed?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199812
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

7

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
So you just admitted to being KiMare. LOL. What a dope.
If it makes you feel better, sure fruitcake. That's the way it was.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199813
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point to any state law, where those exact words are contained in any state marriage law? So if a person chooses to marry a sibling, that should be allowed?
You can try to twist this however you want. The Supreme Court ruled.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199814
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. you are wrong. Some if not many atheists are polygamists. But thanks for admitting you believe we should deny equal rights based on religion.
Did you see the article on gay polygamy in the Advocate? Those 3 guys aren't religious. I wish them well in their fight for marriage equality. I guess you do too as long as they are not religious?
"Some if not many atheists are polygamists"

Site your stats.

If you are for equal marriage rights, based on religion, then you support child brides. Wat to go Mr Pedeo.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199815
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to be a contract between two people of different gender. We dropped the gender part. Why can't we drop the number part? Why is your version of marriage better than anyone elses version and why should it be the only one allowed?
Whats this we crap Frank. You said that you support gay rights.

Face it bigot, you support child brides. Did you learn that in Nam?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199816
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Sup Paco? Twice the people voted for a unconstitutional law. Dang you people are S-L-O-W
You really think he doesn't know that? Damn you're slow.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199818
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to be a contract between two people of different gender. We dropped the gender part. Why can't we drop the number part? Why is your version of marriage better than anyone elses version and why should it be the only one allowed?
How many times do I need to remind you that I never made any argument against polygamy? If you support that cause, go for it. Do what it takes to get the law changed. I will not oppose you. I do not care what people do as long as they are not harming others.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199819
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Any abuse within any relationship, monogamous or polygamous, should be dealt with by any applicable laws. If all the adults involved are consenting, there is no issue. Perhaps you could explain this apparent contradiction in societal attitudes. A man can father several children with several different women, and it has become perfectly acceptable. However, if a man does that, regards the women as his wives, and they, as consenting adults, view him as their husband, society, and the state, views that as unacceptable. Why?
Why is it if a man has sex with a thousand different ladies , he is called a stud. But if a woman has sex with a thousand different men, she is a slut?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199821
Jul 2, 2013
 

Judged:

9

8

8

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
In the eyes of the law, marriage is a contract between 2 adult human beings. So no, you cannot. You may have an alcoholic parade if you obtain the financing and necessary permits.
In the eyes of the law, at least in 30 plus states, marriage is a union of husband and wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Menifee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Menifee
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••