Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201854 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Atlanta, GA

#199679 Jul 2, 2013
I love polygamy. My boyfriend Pietro loves polygamy. I'm going to marry Pietro. Please,do not censor my love.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199680 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Squawk! Squawk! Watch Frankie the troll copy and paste the same thing over and over. Squawk!
Watch Bowser the impersonating troll get angrier and angrier. Big Fun!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199681 Jul 2, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inability to address the accusations with specific posts speaks volumes more. Sorry, I have no need to post to outright liars. Carry on with your poly schtick, you seem to think its working.
Take care dolt.
Your inability to respond to my simple argument in favor of marriage equality speaks loudest.

I have addressed the issue. You asked which post demonstrates your anger, I answered EVERY post of yours demonstrates your anger. What didn't you understand about that?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199683 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I love polygamy. My boyfriend Pietro loves polygamy. I'm going to marry Pietro. Please,do not censor my love.
Going the troll route eh Jonah1? Sure sign of a loser.
Crankie Rizzo

Atlanta, GA

#199684 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you a hypocrite with no argument?
Seriously?!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199685 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
It just occurred to me: Frankie and KiMare are the same poster! It just became completely clear. Busted. Carry on, Sybil.
What a dope.
Frankie Rizzo

Atlanta, GA

#199686 Jul 2, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>then fight to legalize stupid
I didn't know stupid was illegal. That could cause problems for me. I really don't know much about anything. I'm actually quite a birdbrain really.

Have I shared the good news of polygamy with you? Here, let me give you one of my polygamy tracts. The pictures really turn me on.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199687 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>then fight to legalize stupid
No. I have my own battles to fight. I simply want to discuss marriage equality here on this marriage equality forum without your attempts to stop me. Why does that make you angry?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199688 Jul 2, 2013
More progress has been made:

Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy today denied an emergency application filed by Proposition 8 sponsors asking the court to halt same-sex weddings until the justices issue a final disposition on their dismissal of a case asking them to to overturn a lower-court decision striking down the California marriage law.

That decision paved the way for same-sex marriages, which had been legal in the state before the passage of Prop 8, to resume. A federal court gave the go-ahead Friday evening, and gay couples immediately began tying the knot.

Supporters of Proposition 8, which defined marriage as being between a man and a woman, had said they believed that the 9th Circuit Court acted prematurely in allowing marriages to resume before the Supreme Court had issued its final judgment, which usually comes within 25 days of a ruling.

They filed an emergency petition with the Supreme Court Saturday, asking the court to stop the 9th Circuit’s “premature move” allowing same sex marriages to go forward.

READ MORE: Proposition 8: Supreme Court Ruling Explained.

Lawyers for Protectmarriage dot.com said the marriage of same-sex couples should not have been allowed to resume because the Supreme Court had yet to issue its “final disposition” in the case, which under court rules occurs within 25 days of the judgment.

The Supreme Court allows the 25 days to give the losing party time to ask for reconsideration. Such requests are, however, rarely granted.

The emergency application went to Kennedy, who has jurisdiction of the 9th Circuit. He had the authority to act on it alone, or refer the matter to the full court.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#199689 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do racists call black people monkeys when monkeys have light skin, thin lips, straight hair and flat butts? I've always found that amusing.
Im not calling you a monkey you gorilla. so stop telling lies.
laughing man

UK

#199691 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch Bowser the impersonating troll get angrier and angrier. Big Fun!
"Squawk! Squawk! Watch Frankie the troll copy and paste the same thing over and over. Squawk!"

And it said you're getting ridiculous and it shut you off. CLICK!

Pillow biters in the 21st Century. What Progress.

*snicker*
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199692 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>ummmmm it doesn't.. your just a typical biatch biatch but no action loser
Hi Sparkle. Pay that fool no mind...he's just a failing troll.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199693 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a reason every possibility needs a label? Sometimes it's better to just let things be as they are without assigning a label. Peace.
Fair enough...food for thought. But what fun would that be? Think of the industry centered around the rainbow flag, tens, possibly hundreds of millions of $$$.
Brucie the gay parrot

UK

#199694 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
Regression is Progress!

Regression is Progress!

5 to 4!

21st Century SCROTUS!

That's a wrap!!

SQUAWWWWKKKK!!!!!!!!!
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#199695 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>ummmmm it doesn't.. your just a typical biatch biatch but no action loser
Are you a happily married woman and house wife with kids?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199697 Jul 2, 2013
Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if, polygamists, the red headed step children of the SSM movement, ultimately have marriage delegalized? Who knows they may come a time, when a state, after so many law suits by SSMers, and polygamists, decide to stop issuing marriage licenses all together. Soon, other states could follow suit. Would the right still exist if the state didn't recognize it?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199698 Jul 2, 2013
Brucie the gay parrot wrote:
<quoted text>
Regression is Progress!
Regression is Progress!
5 to 4!
21st Century SCROTUS!
That's a wrap!!
SQUAWWWWKKKK!!!!!!!!!
Those who have been over-ruled seem to be mad.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199701 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy today denied an emergency application filed by Proposition 8 sponsors asking the court to halt same-sex weddings until the justices issue a final disposition on their dismissal of a case asking them to to overturn a lower-court decision striking down the California marriage law.
That decision paved the way for same-sex marriages, which had been legal in the state before the passage of Prop 8, to resume. A federal court gave the go-ahead Friday evening, and gay couples immediately began tying the knot.
Supporters of Proposition 8, which defined marriage as being between a man and a woman, had said they believed that the 9th Circuit Court acted prematurely in allowing marriages to resume before the Supreme Court had issued its final judgment, which usually comes within 25 days of a ruling.
They filed an emergency petition with the Supreme Court Saturday, asking the court to stop the 9th Circuit’s “premature move” allowing same sex marriages to go forward.
READ MORE: Proposition 8: Supreme Court Ruling Explained.
Lawyers for Protectmarriage dot.com said the marriage of same-sex couples should not have been allowed to resume because the Supreme Court had yet to issue its “final disposition” in the case, which under court rules occurs within 25 days of the judgment.
The Supreme Court allows the 25 days to give the losing party time to ask for reconsideration. Such requests are, however, rarely granted.
The emergency application went to Kennedy, who has jurisdiction of the 9th Circuit. He had the authority to act on it alone, or refer the matter to the full court.
Do you think that will make mutually sterile duplicate gendered halves the same as marriage?

I can't wait to see!

My guess is Jonah will turn into a pregnant wife, and VV will become the woman he's always wanted to be!
Pasties

Monrovia, CA

#199702 Jul 2, 2013
Tizz not the time of year for stripping, maybe later Honey.
Milking Milwaukee

Monrovia, CA

#199703 Jul 2, 2013
The Roman Catholic Church in Milwaukee vigorously shielded pedophile priests and protected church funds from lawsuits during a decades long sex abuse scandal.

According to hundreds of pages in newly released documents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Your Views - 06/03 (Jun '11) Tue positronium 8
News Woman Threatening to Jump From Perris Overpass ... Jul 23 potenciano2000 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Randon Lane as Mayor? Jul 23 Jesus ramirez 1
Menifee Authors Jul 20 286author 2
Review: Crossing Dental Group (Aug '09) Jul 20 disappointed 4
We need better places Jul 20 UbetterUbet 1
Come on already! Jul 20 UbetterUbet 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menifee Mortgages