Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#199534 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid. The problem is monogamy is not for everyone.
Who said it was?
Polygamy just isn't' the subject of this forum, dummy.
Would you like me to find a polygamy forum for you?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#199535 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You are so dumb.
Look at the topic.
"Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage"
Nothing about polygamy.
If you were talking about pumpkin pie recipes, and I said you should find a forum about that, that wouldn't be an attempt to censor you, moron. Forums have topics, posts about other topics are called "off topic".
So, why won't you just go to a forum about polygamy? Can't figure out how to find one?
<flying tackle huggles)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199536 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Should you be allowed to marry?
You have both sets of genes.
You think our rights should depend on our sex genes, so, should you be able to marry twice, one for each set? Or not at all because you already have both sets?
The straight man in me is married.

The lesbian can't be married within her orientation.

However, she doesn't want to try and be stuck with Hillary or Janet.

Ss couples are not in any way 'married' like diverse gendered couples.
Ss couples violate the design of physical union.
Ss couples are still only ever a duplicate half of marriage.
Ss couples are mutually fruitless, a defect of mating behavior.
Ss couples infringe on the most distinct, unique and critical relationship of society. Imposing an imposter relationship by every measure of history and universal culture.

Location hidden

#199537 Jul 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
This is what happens when freedom rings...
"San Francisco issues 563 same-sex marriage licenses over weekend"
July 1, 2013
On Monday, San Francisco’s City Hall was about as deserted as it should be for the first week in July, but that was hardly the case over the weekend.
Once the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals lifted their stay late Friday afternoon and allowed gay marriages to resume in California, same-sex couples rushed to the clerk’s office and kept coming throughout what was an extra special Pride weekend for some.
A total of 563 same-sex marriage licenses were issued since Friday in San Francisco, the only county in the state to stay open over the weekend for gay couples who couldn’t wait until Monday, said Assessor-Recorder Carmen Chu in a statement.
ON AVERAGE, ABOUT 48 COUPLES A DAY GET A MARRIAGE LICENSE AT CITY HALL, City Administrator spokesman Bill Barnes said. The city is encouraging any couples getting married in the near future to register online for a time to pick up their license, and Barnes said the city administrator’s office has added an additional 15 appointment slots per day.
And while few expected gay marriages to resume so quickly after the Supreme Court’s Proposition 8 decision on Wednesday, the 60 volunteers the city had been training to record and issue licenses and perform weddings still came through.
“I am deeply touched by the outpouring of support from our city employees and volunteers who took the time to be here at City Hall, working after hours and on their weekend, to perform our collective duties – that of ensuring that loving same-sex couples don’t have to wait to marry any longer,” Chu said.
They are not in any way 'married' like diverse gendered couples.
Ss couples infringe on the most distinct, unique and critical relationship of society. Imposing an imposter relationship by every measure of history and universal culture.
Your claim is laughable.

Location hidden

#199538 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
You're asking me to comment on another poster's comment? You're getting confused.
You posted it, what's your point?

You are clearly very similar to sonne of man.

Location hidden

#199539 Jul 2, 2013
Speak the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Google his name. See what turns up. Is he qualified to preach to others about marriage? Decide for yourself.
Browser,

Like sonne of man, you attack the person without addressing the message.

Why? Because like sonne of man, everyone judges your reasoning at fault.

You want people to decide, not based on what is known, but based on the slander about an unknown situation.

Just like sonne of man. His real name is Terry Crable.

What is your name?

Location hidden

#199540 Jul 2, 2013
Speak the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare Gregory Dale Kirschmann has been disgraced. He should be thoroughly ashamed. Pontificating about marriage after the life he has lived? I think not.
You are not in any way 'married' like diverse gendered couples.
Your claim is laughable.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199541 Jul 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tell them that they're better off outside the FLDS.
You assume they're all FDLS. Polygamy is also practiced by Muslim immigrants, not to mention some Asian groups.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199542 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, that's like saying things were when everybody could marry someone of the same race. The problem is the same race is not the same for everybody. Just like the same (or opposite) sex isn't the same for everybody.
No it's not u chooch. Race and gender are different characteristics. Marriage is a union of BOTH genders regardless of racial/ethnic combination. A mixed race/ethnic conjugally married couple are still husband and wife.

The ban on interracial marriage was intended to keep the "white race" and non white races from marrying and having mixed race babies. The various non white races could marry among each other. SSM is gender segregation sanctioned by law. Nice comparison, comparing laws against race mixing within marriage, to advocating laws for gender segregation within marriage.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#199543 Jul 2, 2013
To the far righters....the point is with each passing day week month and year same sex marriage gains more and more support and is closer to being legal in all states...It will happen and you can stomp your feet but progress always goes forward. AND HATE AND BIGOTRY ALWAYS LOSE.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199544 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it was?
Polygamy just isn't' the subject of this forum, dummy.
Would you like me to find a polygamy forum for you?
Washington • If gay marriage is legal, what about polygamy?

It’s a long-debated political question, one that surfaced in Tuesday’s Supreme Court hearing on California’s gay marriage ban, known as Proposition 8.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor brought it up while questioning former U.S. Solicitor General Ted Olson, a Republican who argued that gay marriage is an individual right and should be protected by the Constitution.

"If you say that marriage is a fundamental right, what state restrictions could ever exist?" Sotomayor asked before referencing polygamy and incest among adults.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199545 Jul 2, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
To the far righters....the point is with each passing day week month and year same sex marriage gains more and more support and is closer to being legal in all states...It will happen and you can stomp your feet but progress always goes forward. AND HATE AND BIGOTRY ALWAYS LOSE.
The point is with each victory for SSM, the odds that polygamy will be legalized in some form, increases.

HATE AND BIGOTRY WILL ALWAYS LOSE.

It also raises the question, which is being raised in greater frequently, "where is the line drawn?".

Are there not "ToManyLawsNow"?

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#199546 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is with each victory for SSM, the odds that polygamy will be legalized in some form, increases.
HATE AND BIGOTRY WILL ALWAYS LOSE.
It also raises the question, which is being raised in greater frequently, "where is the line drawn?".
Are there not "ToManyLawsNow"?
Fine by me polygamy doesn't hurt me.

I think the "line" should be as follows.....anyone 18 years or older with full consent......There that is it no other law need apply.
The Troll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#199548 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't one of you dumb asp trolls explain this to me:
If I were a man, why would I consider being told I'm well hung an insult?
Because you want to be a bitc.h and your big d!ck is in the way. Anything else you need cleared up?

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#199549 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume they're all FDLS. Polygamy is also practiced by Muslim immigrants, not to mention some Asian groups.
No I don't. I know that Muslims practice polygamy, which makes for more welfare recipients in my country.(They can claim to be single mothers).

Some of the old hippie arrangements are also a form of it.

“Merry Yuletide”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#199550 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a man of experience.
None of the above.
Mikey

Glendale, CA

#199551 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
>fart<
Try sticking your thumb up it and blow your ears out, you don't listen to anything anyway.
The Troll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

#199552 Jul 2, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>Try sticking your thumb up it and blow your ears out, you don't listen to anything anyway.
What's up UVE?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#199553 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, that's like saying things were when everybody could marry someone of the same race. The problem is the same race is not the same for everybody. Just like the same (or opposite) sex isn't the same for everybody.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. You are right. Two persons of the same sex "marrying" one another is not much different from Africans "marrying" White people. Your insight is keen.

Ronald
Dr Chankhote Singh Smythe

Sonoma, CA

#199554 Jul 2, 2013
All right, the cream does not work. The blue pilss almost worked. Now we must try taking three of the cadaver orange tabs and staring at TV with the sound off for eighteen hours and then going to the roof and contemplate airspeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Chase Down Bundy Canyon and Helicopter Dec 21 Sandy 2
high speed chase down adams, and cherry street Dec 19 Chris 1
Unique Adoptions (Nov '08) Dec 15 TawshaRose 74
Review: Positive About Disabled People Dec 14 New Workshop Perris 7
KIRBY VACUUMS SCAMS-ACE company in murrieta (Oct '07) Dec 12 Tom D 340
Elsinore police arrest eight in prostitution op... (Apr '09) Dec 8 Chris 10
Sex Dec 3 tower climber 2

Menifee News Video

Menifee Dating
Find my Match