Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
172,381 - 172,400 of 200,552 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Involved too

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198139
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Marlon Humphrey prospect in the state of Alabama in the Class of 2014, began tweeting Monday afternoon about a Ku Klux Klan march at Ole Miss.

Douglas Tessitor, Judy Nelson, Gene Murabito, Karen Davis and Joseph Santoro are all involved too.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198140
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't seek equality under the law.
1 Man + 1 Woman = 2 People
1 Man + 1 Man = 2 People
1 Woman = 1 Woman = 2 People
2(or more) Men + 1 Woman > 2 People
1 Man + 2 (or more) Women > 2 People
Those who can count can see polygamy doesn't seek equal protection of the law. Those who can't grasp this, yet continue to argue it as though it were a valid point are saying more about themselves than anything else.
I'm sorry you can't count.
what happened to freedom and justice for all? You hypocrite! Now you discriminate against others, making the bi sexual decide between a man or a woman.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198141
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't seek equality under the law.
1 Man + 1 Woman = 2 People
1 Man + 1 Man = 2 People
1 Woman = 1 Woman = 2 People
2(or more) Men + 1 Woman > 2 People
1 Man + 2 (or more) Women > 2 People
Those who can count can see polygamy doesn't seek equal protection of the law. Those who can't grasp this, yet continue to argue it as though it were a valid point are saying more about themselves than anything else.
I'm sorry you can't count.
Why do you discriminate against people of polyamorous orientation?
They deserve the same rights as you, hypocrite!!

Argument: According to the theory of Genetic Imperative, many men are biologically hardwired or oriented to feel attraction toward multiple women, yet social values and socialization pressures require men to repress expression of these innate impulses (this is true across all socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural groups- think Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods etc.). Since a predominant number of men have inborn sexual tendencies that are incompatible with a monogamous lifestyle, by no fault of their own, marriage ought to be progressively redefined as a socially approved relationship between an undefined number of consenting spouses.
Secet undies

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198142
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

And the Mor mons can go to heal, Nation reacts to gay marriage decisions.

There just a bunch of perverts anyway, so say the masses.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198143
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>I am celebrating... its a great blow to talibangelical sharia law
in the meantime your tax dollars are going to support the Islamic rebels in Syria that would slash your throat for even mentioning a homosexual.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198144
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Now, let's march for plural marriage, and protect the bi sexual that wants to marry one of each. Freedom and pride for all.
Yawn. Does anyone know where the channel button is for this squawker?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198145
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Involved too wrote:
Marlon Humphrey prospect in the state of Alabama in the Class of 2014, began tweeting Monday afternoon about a Ku Klux Klan march at Ole Miss.
Douglas Tessitor, Judy Nelson, Gene Murabito, Karen Davis and Joseph Santoro are all involved too.
I think the parade most are referring to here are the gay pride parades, not your kkk events. Sorry.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198146
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you discriminate against people of polyamorous orientation?
They deserve the same rights as you, hypocrite!!
Argument: According to the theory of Genetic Imperative, many men are biologically hardwired or oriented to feel attraction toward multiple women, yet social values and socialization pressures require men to repress expression of these innate impulses (this is true across all socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural groups- think Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods etc.). Since a predominant number of men have inborn sexual tendencies that are incompatible with a monogamous lifestyle, by no fault of their own, marriage ought to be progressively redefined as a socially approved relationship between an undefined number of consenting spouses.
Oh Ricky, we all love it when you log in anonymously as your own fan club! As if the depths of your pathetic-ness couldn't be lower!!!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198147
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you discriminate against people of polyamorous orientation?
They deserve the same rights as you, hypocrite!!
Argument: According to the theory of Genetic Imperative, many men are biologically hardwired or oriented to feel attraction toward multiple women, yet social values and socialization pressures require men to repress expression of these innate impulses (this is true across all socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural groups- think Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods etc.). Since a predominant number of men have inborn sexual tendencies that are incompatible with a monogamous lifestyle, by no fault of their own, marriage ought to be progressively redefined as a socially approved relationship between an undefined number of consenting spouses.
That's true, polyamorous orientation has been around as long as the homosexual.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198148
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just "marriage" hon!
Right.

Marriage. There is no one right way! So why do you hate polygamists?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198149
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really bad at this.
It doesn't "mater," it's just discussion. It's odd that you wouldn't just say either way, though. Maybe you should seek therapy if you aren't comfortable.
Again, what indicated to you that I was mad? If my previous post had been presented as a question on the SAT, and you indicated by multiple choice answer that the author was "mad," you'd get that question wrong.
I've already stated my position on polygamy.
Again. Why does it matter if I am gay? Did you think implying that I am gay just like you was an insult? Is there something wrong with gay? Please tell us about it.

You're really bad at this.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198150
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you discriminate against people of polyamorous orientation?
They deserve the same rights as you, hypocrite!!
Argument: According to the theory of Genetic Imperative, many men are biologically hardwired or oriented to feel attraction toward multiple women, yet social values and socialization pressures require men to repress expression of these innate impulses (this is true across all socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural groups- think Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods etc.). Since a predominant number of men have inborn sexual tendencies that are incompatible with a monogamous lifestyle, by no fault of their own, marriage ought to be progressively redefined as a socially approved relationship between an undefined number of consenting spouses.
Hear hear!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198152
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Ricky, we all love it when you log in anonymously as your own fan club! As if the depths of your pathetic-ness couldn't be lower!!!
Great rebuttal fruitloops.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198153
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Marriage. There is no one right way! So why do you hate polygamists?
I've never expressed my thoughts or opinions of polygamists or polygamy at any time. Not once. Why do you ASSume you are privy to some emotional status I have concerning either?

No need to answer, the question was rhetorical. Your need to be a jack*ss is already fully documented through your posts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198154
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>That's true, polyamorous orientation has been around as long as the homosexual.
Polygamy has been around and has been much more widely practiced around the world throughout history than SSM ever was.

Yet now SSM is becoming legal. But polygamy can still land you in prison. Why do these clowns insist we now have "marriage equality"? Why do they celebrate polygamy's illegality? Why are they not hypocrites?

They won't say.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198155
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>in the meantime your tax dollars are going to support the Islamic rebels in Syria that would slash your throat for even mentioning a homosexual.
Yeah, notice little satan's boil has no problem with Islam. Only Christians.
DFL 4 EVER

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198156
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

I have a dream that someday men and women will be allowed to walk naked in public, and our children will get to witness women flaunting their unclothed bodies, men kissing multiple wives, women kissing multiple husbands, and men kissing multiple husbands, and celebrating their unbridled freedom and identity in public processions where display of physical affection and nudity engender exalting pride. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know today, that we, as a people, will get to the libertarian land!

Goodman, David. See Topless Woman? Just Move On, Police Are Told. The New York Times.15 May.2013.Web. 13 June. 2013 < http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/16/nyregion/a -... ;

Rosenblum, Emma. Scott Wiener on San Francisco's Ban on Public Nudity. Bloomberg Businessweek, 29 Nov. 2012. Web. 13 June. 2013.‹
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-11-...
“We’ve always had public nudity in San Francisco—in our parades, beaches, and street fairs, as well as the random naked person wandering through the neighborhood. Public nudity was part of the quirkiness and fabric of the Castro. About two years ago that changed, and it became a seven-days-a-week kind of thing. Every day there were a few, or more than a few, naked men displaying themselves at Castro Farmers’ Market and elsewhere. It created a lot of tension and anger among our residents and, of course, our businesses also weren’t fans. There’d be lines of families waiting to get into the Castro Theatre, and naked guys would be walking around with their genitals at kids’ eye levels.”
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198157
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. Does anyone know where the channel button is for this squawker?
Look up yourass. It shouldn't be hard, your head is already up in there.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198158
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Now, let's march for plural marriage, and protect the bi sexual that wants to marry one of each. Freedom and pride for all.
go file the paperwork, go file the suits, pay the fees, pay the attornies.

it'll be interesting to watch.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198159
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

5

4

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!
Polygamy, polygamy, polygamy!!!! He loves his polygamy!!!!
It's just marriage hon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Menifee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Menifee
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••