Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#196487 Jun 17, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>That is called ad hominem. Look it up. Ask for help.
No Jizzy. Pointing out someone's ad hominem is not ad hominem you big silly galoot! But do try again.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#196488 Jun 17, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Still, the combined impact of Lawrence and Goodridge has opened the door to the question of whether marriage should be extended beyond the traditional male-female union. The primary power for marriage law resides in the states. And that is the way it should be: The question of the institution of marriage?which is a social construct--is best left to the states, which are the laboratories for the general welfare.
Congress only has indirect power over marriage, which is why the opponents of same-sex marriage introduced the FMA. Congress also has attempted to regulate marriage indirectly through court-stripping proposals and the Defense of Marriage Act, either of which may well be unconstitutional. Regardless, the definition of the institution belongs to the states.
There is no single, wise answer as to what will serve society and citizens best in this arena. With each state free -- within the state's own constitutional requirements -- to have its own public debate about what serves society, and what does not, there is the possibility that there will be 50 simultaneous experiments -- and that is much to be encouraged.
The debate will have to range well beyond the religious reasons that have dominated the public debate to date. Marriage implicates the interests of children, the law of inheritance, and legitimacy, among many other issues. As with the law of divorce, the states will learn from their own experiments and mistakes, and from those of other states.
There is no constitutional requirement that marriage exist solely between a man and a woman. To impose that rule across the country would have required a federal constitutional amendment -- such as the Federal Marriage Amendment (which addressed same-sex marriage). But the FMA failed. States have broad latitude to make these complex social decisions -- all the way from keeping their laws as they currently stand, to opening their doors to other types of marriage.
Those who seek to enter into polygamous marriages legally thus should address their arguments not to the courts, but to the state legislatures. If they cannot persuade a majority of their state legislature that they are right, then they properly will have to abide by the law of marriage, established for all. The fact their marriage arrangement is religiously motivated should not alter that outcome.
Nice cut and paste Jiz!

See? You can do it! Thank Frankie.
comander bunny

Concord, CA

#196489 Jun 17, 2013
How much cock can a gay guy take up the butt????
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#196490 Jun 17, 2013
comander bunny wrote:
How much cock can a gay guy take up the butt????
Ask Frankie Rizzoto boi, he's an expert.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#196491 Jun 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He wants to talk about poly and incest, he doesn’t want to talk about same sex marriage, the religious and bigotry involved in the case or anything else that actually is related to Prop 8. He certainly does not want to talk about the overturn of Prop 8 itself.
Poly and incest are his only interests, he will censor anyone trying to talk about any aspect of Prop 8 that is not about poly or incest ( which of course have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Prop 8 )
Someone created a poly thread for him, but he doesn’t post there, as his obsession is to derail same sex marriage topics.
He will attempt to censor anyone discussing the religious influence against same sex marriage or any other aspect that does not have to do with either Poly on Incest
His censorship speaks volumes about his motives.
And he's become quite boring too.

I'm going to play the lotto tomorrow. If I win, I'm going to hire a private investigator to find Frankie. I don't want to hurt him or anything like that. However, I think the world would be a happier place if someone took his keyboard away for a week.

His continuous yammering about incest and polygamy has made this forum into a joke. It's why I won't converse with him anymore.
get outta my neighborhood

UK

#196492 Jun 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
His continuous yammering about incest and polygamy has made this forum into a joke.
Then stick around more, Brucie. Lord knows how your body odor livens up the place.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#196493 Jun 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to play the lotto tomorrow. If I win, I'm going to hire a private investigator to find Frankie. I don't want to hurt him or anything like that. However, I think the world would be a happier place if someone took his keyboard away for a week.
His continuous yammering about incest and polygamy has made this forum into a joke. It's why I won't converse with him anymore.
Reported! Stalking! Threats! Conspiracy to rob and kidnap! All over a getting bested on a silly Topix thread. Pitiful. Seriously. Lighten up power ranger.
get outta my neighborhood

UK

#196494 Jun 17, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported! Stalking! Threats! Conspiracy to rob and kidnap! All over a getting bested on a silly Topix thread. Pitiful. Seriously. Lighten up power ranger.
You stir an old memory. Wasn't it Rosie O'Donnell,(who I once lovingly and without malice called her The Porcine Manface), who used to soil her jockstrap and say "you've been reported" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over like a schoolgirl tattletale? Like "Judy" on "Leave It To Beaver"...

What's happened to Porky anywho? Apparently she's...

drum roll, please....

gone to the dogs.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#196495 Jun 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably another idiot that voted for Obama, maybe you can contact him, he seems to know what and where each of us are. The world would be a healthier place if we gave marriage equality to all.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#196496 Jun 17, 2013
get outta my neighborhood wrote:
<quoted text>
You stir an old memory. Wasn't it Rosie O'Donnell,(who I once lovingly and without malice called her The Porcine Manface), who used to soil her jockstrap and say "you've been reported" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over like a schoolgirl tattletale? Like "Judy" on "Leave It To Beaver"...
What's happened to Porky anywho? Apparently she's...
drum roll, please....
gone to the dogs.
Yes that's where I learned that "Reported!!" shtick. From Rose_NoHo.

The old broad ain't what she used to be and she was never much to begin with. I think she had a stroke or a medication adjustment or something. Pretty old bag. Pushing 80 I think.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#196497 Jun 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You're probably another idiot that voted for Obama, maybe you can contact him, he seems to know what and where each of us are. The world would be a healthier place if we gave marriage equality to all.
Did you get a load of this jackass veryvermilion wants to hire a P.I. to track me down? Whoa!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Exide

Monrovia, CA

#196498 Jun 17, 2013
For all the residents who live near the City of Vernon, California. That have been told that some "Crack Head Judge" has allowed the battery recycling plant "Exide Batteries" to reopen after it was shut down for contaminating the area with Arsenic, Lead and Acids.

Health issues and deaths are attributed to the battery recycling plant in Vernon, California.

The Judge who signed the back to work order for this plant doesn't live anywhere near the dangerous toxic emission either.

The City Manager and Fire Chief of Vernon California lives in Glendora, California he is a good Mormon. Since Latin's live in the surrounding cities etc. just goes to prove the Mormon's don't really care about them at all.
Arandas Jalisco

Delano, CA

#196499 Jun 17, 2013
Wtf you kitting me, omg there is no more morals and values what that heck....!
Whiffles

Monrovia, CA

#196500 Jun 17, 2013
Whiffles are better when they are hot.

Since: Jun 13

Berkeley, CA

#196501 Jun 17, 2013
I approve!! I believe everyone has the right to make their own decision and why should we have any say in the matter. If it doesn't hurt anyone why not!?

Location hidden

#196502 Jun 17, 2013
Arandas Jalisco wrote:
Wtf you kitting me, omg there is no more morals and values what that heck....!
No sir u are mistaken, I nor anyone else here are kitting u, u need to calm down before your next post...either that or take a remedial English class...either one will work.

Location hidden

#196503 Jun 17, 2013
iikecookies wrote:
I approve!! I believe everyone has the right to make their own decision and why should we have any say in the matter. If it doesn't hurt anyone why not!?
Short and straight to the point, I like that. Good post, u get a smile for that one.
Biklers

Monrovia, CA

#196504 Jun 17, 2013
TSA "idiot" makes improper comments toward a 15 year old female - I told you ALL TSA agents are Sexual Perverts and need to be fired.

He said that he and his wife met with the TSA's leadership at LAX and he said the agent's supervisor at the airport was "apologetic, concerned, that this could get out of hand and the press might report on it and get hem all fired."

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#196505 Jun 17, 2013
get outta my neighborhood wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stick around more, Brucie. Lord knows how your body odor livens up the place.
Please stop pummeling me with your vicious repartee!(or at least come up with something more clever than a 5 year old would say)
Get a Life

Monrovia, CA

#196506 Jun 17, 2013
And these "shrunken headed people" are in charge of a whole Muslim Country.

Iran’s Islamic Morality Police Believe Women’s Hair Emits “Sex Rays”

Muslim's need to get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chemical tankers burn near Perris warehouse 2 hr Linda Diane Gray 1
Debate: Marijuana - Winchester, CA (Sep '10) 18 hr Pink 11
MenifeeCOMMUNITY NOTES: Cyber security competit... Sat Concerned Resident 1
Riverside County: Sex-offender ordinance to be ... Dec 26 I know 5
Police Chase Down Bundy Canyon and Helicopter Dec 26 Jamie 3
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Dec 25 Annonymous 1
Bust Made In Prostitution Sting At Massage Parlor (May '06) Dec 25 Shamenoshame 216

Winter Storm Watch for Riverside County was issued at December 28 at 1:57PM PST

Menifee News Video

Menifee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Menifee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Menifee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News