Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
164,301 - 164,320 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>no i'm a dumbazzaphobe
You sound like the type who calls Italians, wops, dagos, or greasers. So I guess that makes you the bigot.

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>you're nasty!
is it disel perfume for you today mixed with marlboro smoke... that oughta get your redneck brother fiance excited eeh
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>no i'm a dumbazzaphobe
Someone thinks this post is "brilliant".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Are ALL your opinions 40 years out of date, or just the ones about gays?
Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts, however mean spirited, irrelevant and dumb.

Remember! There are no dumb posts! Only dumb posters.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like the type who calls Italians, wops, dagos, or greasers. So I guess that makes you the bigot.
She has a card. She cannot be a bigot no matter how bigoted she is.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting you say that, I happen to work with a same sex legally married couple, one of them is referred to as the husband and I was introduced to her wife.
They have twin daughters that are biologically the husbands and an unknown donor ( artificial insemination ), however they have said they want to do the same for the wife as well at some point ( twins are a handful )
so.. yeah no problem, to me, they are just a married couple, regardless
Wha? The husband was artificially inseminated by an unknown donor and gave birth to twin daughters? Are you sure Big D?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
She must be one of the hybrid models, like a gas/electric car.:)
<quoted text>
So the husband gave birth to the twins? Think of the movie rights....must be worth a small fortune.
<quoted text>
So does the husband have an innie or an outie?
The point is, they are a legally married couple in the state of California, recognized as such, as legitimate as your marriage or mine, and a happy family, the difference between us is that I only hope the best for them and their families lives.

They are very nice people, yours is nothing but an ignorant bias against them.

The basis of prop 8 is form other same sex couples that want to be married, but cannot now, they want to know why they are not allowed to be legally married as the couple I just mentioned.

There are 2 standards in California now, depending on WHEN you were legally married.

And you really think Prop 8 can stand? Of course it cant.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you implying here, as a reason to disallow Same Sex marriage?
Same sex marriage, a contradiction in terms.
That the ability or intent to have children is somehow a requirement for a marriage?.... because you know that has already been discussed, here, and in the courts, and you know how that went.
I now pronounce you husband and wife. That's the core requirement. It all stems from that.
People that donít have the ability or intent to have children are and always have been allowed to marry, it has never ever been a requirement in any way shape or from,
Becuzzzzzzzzz....marriage is a union of husband and wife. It's all about that.
and so has no place in a discussion about same sex couples.
Exactly.
I donít care about divorce or annulment, that requires a party in the marriage to desire a divorce or annulment, that can be achieved for no reason at all.
Gotcha Big D
We are talking about 2 people that want to marry, where is the law that says that if they do not have the ability or intent to have children, they are not allowed to, even though they both want to.
No were talking about how marriage is defined, by society and the state, not individuals. If two people of the same sex, or three people of the opposite sex, want to marry they may do so without the state. Same with siblings, same sex, or opposite sex. The state sets the requirement for the license, not u or I.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
She has a card. She cannot be a bigot no matter how bigoted she is.
Chuckle....yeah a crazy card...certified.
Pietro Armando

East Otis, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Are ALL your opinions 40 years out of date, or just the ones about gays?
X Box! How ya doing? Nice selective out of context snippet usage. When did "gay" enter common usage to refer to homosexuality?

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckle....yeah a crazy card...certified.
whatever ..your the bigot who believes in deny civil rights.. ya you fucktard

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>you're nasty!
hey i just saw where you had been making out with your brother husband .. sad you two leave a nasty oil stain on the concrete in the driveway... next time at least put speedy dry down once your finished
more pole dancer money

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Tens of thousands of dollars intended to buy gas, groceries and other necessities for welfare recipients may have been spent on strippers, liquor, and gambling during a three-month period studied by a watchdog group.

The investigation, flagged $43,000 dollars in questionable spending by people receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage, a contradiction in terms.
We can stop right there

You are behind the times, there are over 18,000 legally married same sex couples in the state of California right now.. today.

There are over 120,000 nation wide

It is irelevant whether you personally recognize them or not, they are married, legally, legitimately.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>whatever ..your the bigot who believes in deny civil rights.. ya you fucktard
"Your" and "you're" are different and not interchangeable, fucktard.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>hey i just saw where you had been making out with your brother husband .. sad you two leave a nasty oil stain on the concrete in the driveway... next time at least put speedy dry down once your finished
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, as stupid, ignorant, bigoted and mean spirited as they are.

Remember! There are no dumb posts, only angry, bigoted, stupid uneducated lowlife posters.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting you say that, I happen to work with a same sex legally married couple, one of them is referred to as the husband and I was introduced to her wife.
They have twin daughters that are biologically the husbands and an unknown donor ( artificial insemination ), however they have said they want to do the same for the wife as well at some point ( twins are a handful )
so.. yeah no problem, to me, they are just a married couple, regardless
Your story sounds like another silly Big D made up one. All the same sex married couples I know call the men husbands and the women wives. I never heard of anyone calling a woman "husband" or a man "wife". And I certainly never heard of a husband giving birth. Are you sure Big D?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your story sounds like another silly Big D made up one. All the same sex married couples I know call the men husbands and the women wives. I never heard of anyone calling a woman "husband" or a man "wife". And I certainly never heard of a husband giving birth. Are you sure Big D?
No, not made up, I know them personally.

They are actually the first same sex couple I have heard using terms like that myself... but it certainly didnít bother me.

The twins are cute :)

My son works for a VERY large global company that is actually considering pulling offices and manufacturing out of states that do not recognize equality for their married employees benefits if the Supreme court does not act decisively on a national scale ( not something I expect them to do )

Surprised me, but they can afford to

Not to worry there will still be a job at Chick Fil A for those states

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>whatever ..your the bigot who believes in deny civil rights.. ya you fucktard
Whatever...you're just a bigot...a plain old bigot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We can stop right there
You are behind the times, there are over 18,000 legally married same sex couples in the state of California right now.. today.
There are over 120,000 nation wide
No, not behind the times. There are 32 plus states that maintain the legal definition of marriage as a union of husband and wife. Some things are timeless.
It is irelevant whether you personally recognize them or not,
True, as it is with anybody. The state in which their relationship was called married by the states does legally recognize them.
they are married, legally, legitimately.
Okay.....legally yes....legitimately......conju gally?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 24 at 2:28AM PDT

•••
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••