Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,935)

Showing posts 158,681 - 158,700 of200,241
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculing poly marriage.
No just you. Damn you're thick
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the piece you donít want to recognize, and why people are not yet jumping on your bandwagon. It isnít time yet.
I suspect it will be time in the not too distant future, but right now it would flop on the deck like a brick
Your arguments of the day seem to be the laws against polygamy are lightly enforced and prison is rare, not enough people want it, and it will take a long time before it is legalized if at all.

They're all bogus, reactionary and dumb.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>No just you. Damn you're thick
Stalking is the more accurate word, creep. Obsessed also comes to mind.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
"Marriage equality" only exists in your fantasy world.
Sure Miss Thing. Great diversion to avoid revealing your hypocrisy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Get on topic PROP 8
If the federal government recognizes polygamy it will be much easier to repeal the state laws against it. In CA, one of these state laws is PROPOSITION EIGHT.

When PROPOSITION EIGHT is gone, the CA laws against polygamy will be easier to deal with. If PROPOSITION EIGHT is still in force polygamy and same sex marriage will not be allowed in CA.

And there's your topic PROPOSITION 8.

Don't you agree Miss "OFF TOPIC!!!!" straw Man?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arguments of the day seem to be the laws against polygamy are lightly enforced and prison is rare, not enough people want it, and it will take a long time before it is legalized if at all.
They're all bogus, reactionary and dumb.
Then do it :)

If it is easy and all the ducks are in a row we can expect results by when? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If the federal government recognizes polygamy it will be much easier to repeal the state laws against it. In CA, one of these state laws is PROPOSITION EIGHT.
When PROPOSITION EIGHT is gone, the CA laws against polygamy will be easier to deal with. If PROPOSITION EIGHT is still in force polygamy and same sex marriage will not be allowed in CA.
And there's your topic PROPOSITION 8.
Don't you agree Miss "OFF TOPIC!!!!" straw Man?
"If the federal government recognizes polygamy it will be much easier to repeal the state laws against it. In CA, one of these state laws is PROPOSITION EIGHT."

HUH? Prop 8 has nothing to do with polygamy you moron. 2 1/2 years latter and you still are clueless as to the very topic of this thread.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't like it??? Find the big red x in the upper right hand corner, and Use it.
Judge-its are silly and almost always rigged. I never use them.

If they had one for "creepy" I'd use that! Only on you though. And only once per post.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Big D! I made a huge batch of my world famous chili for the gay rights rally at my next door neighbors house a few months ago and about 40 gays and lesbians loved it! They didn't ridicule my thoughts on marriage equality at all. They raved about the chili.
You should be so nice.
This bears further investigation

why were they nice to you, did you act like you do here?

Whenever they tried to talk about anything at all did you immediately switch the subject to poly and get upset with them if they tried to discuss anything else?

Did you end every response to anything they said by calling them a jackass or a dope?

Did you belittle every ideal they had, and attack any of them that were in support of same sex marriage?

I wonder what the difference was in your behavior, that they treated you nicely
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then do it :)
If it is easy and all the ducks are in a row we can expect results by when? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month?
Again with the "so go out and do it" (I addressed those 50 posts earlier) again with the "it will take a long time" (I addressed those 60 posts earlier). Again with the ridicule.

SO WHAT?

Why do keep repeating those same dumb arguments?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't like it??? Find the big red x in the upper right hand corner, and Use it.
It strikes me, that you and I donít always agree, I am probably more supportive of Poly than you are. I found your list of legal issues hilarious, and my first thought was.... Think of the very happy lawyers and all the billable hours they will enjoy sorting all that stuff out. But heck if people want to complicate their lives that muchÖ go have fun, just donít ask me to pay for it.

The difference is, you and I can disagree, without belittling the other. I strongly support the freedom of people to marry who they choose, regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, orientation, or national origin.

I am certain you share that vision of freedom as well.

Even if we disagree on other things

Frankie cannot disagree with anyone without his tantrum, that is the difference.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
"If the federal government recognizes polygamy it will be much easier to repeal the state laws against it. In CA, one of these state laws is PROPOSITION EIGHT."
HUH? Prop 8 has nothing to do with polygamy you moron. 2 1/2 years latter and you still are clueless as to the very topic of this thread.

Prop 8 says marriage in CA is "one man one woman" You do the math (if you're capable). Does it effect polygamy? Think real hard creep.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the "so go out and do it" (I addressed those 50 posts earlier) again with the "it will take a long time" (I addressed those 60 posts earlier). Again with the ridicule.
SO WHAT?
Why do keep repeating those same dumb arguments?
No argument, I am saying if you are right, there is no image problem, that all is good to go with Poly, that SSM has opened the door wide open.

It should be a cinch!

Tomorrow? Next week? when can we expect it, cause according to you there just arenít any problems at all making it happen.

You got it made!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever they tried to talk about anything at all did you immediately switch the subject to poly and get upset with them if they tried to discuss anything else?
Did you end every response to anything they said by calling them a jackass or a dope?
Did you belittle every ideal they had, and attack any of them that were in support of same sex marriage?
I wonder what the difference was in your behavior, that they treated you nicely

- Because they are my friends and neighbors. We have Sunday dinners with each other often. We live in a very social private community of VERY diverse and friendly people. We have a community kitchen available with full restaurant quality equipment capable of preparing meals for 200 people. that's where I whipped up the chili.
And yes, I act like I do here but not as rude, the rudeness is because you deserve it. They don't.

-We speak of true marriage equality often. One couple are gay married men. They express much interest, they are not afraid of it and generally support it.

Did you end every response to anything they said by calling them a jackass or a dope?-No because they are not jackasses or dopes.

-I don't attack anyone for supporting SSM, I support it myself. I attack them for hypocrisy, common here, uncommon with my friends.

I wonder what the difference was in your behavior, that they treated you nicely.

- They like me and respect me, you don't.

Hope that helped.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument, I am saying if you are right, there is no image problem, that all is good to go with Poly, that SSM has opened the door wide open.
It should be a cinch!
Tomorrow? Next week? when can we expect it, cause according to you there just arenít any problems at all making it happen.
You got it made!
When did I say there were no problems and it would be a cinch, Liar Big D?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
- Because they are my friends and neighbors. We have Sunday dinners with each other often. We live in a very social private community of VERY diverse and friendly people. We have a community kitchen available with full restaurant quality equipment capable of preparing meals for 200 people. that's where I whipped up the chili.
And yes, I act like I do here but not as rude, the rudeness is because you deserve it. They don't.
-We speak of true marriage equality often. One couple are gay married men. They express much interest, they are not afraid of it and generally support it.
Did you end every response to anything they said by calling them a jackass or a dope?-No because they are not jackasses or dopes.
-I don't attack anyone for supporting SSM, I support it myself. I attack them for hypocrisy, common here, uncommon with my friends.
I wonder what the difference was in your behavior, that they treated you nicely.
- They like me and respect me, you don't.
Hope that helped.
Of course I donít, no one does

because you Do attack every single person that supports SSM

You end every response with "jackass" or "dope" or something else

you freak out if anyone says anything about something other than what you are so obsessed with

I am willing to make a wager, that when you had this party, you didnít do that.

I am not the one complaining here, you were when you posted about this party, I expect your childish behavior because that is all you have ever shown me.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say there were no problems and it would be a cinch, Liar Big D?
I say there is an image problem, you say there is not

I say it may take a decade or so, you call me a bigot

I say I would vote for it, and you scream at the top of your lungs about my non-support as if you didnít read what I wrote

I have not heard you mention a single obstacle, you act as if there arenít any.

are you ready to acknowledge that some work needs to be done before this could possibly happen?

p.s. did you call everyone at that party a Liar?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It strikes me, that you and I donít always agree, I am probably more supportive of Poly than you are. I found your list of legal issues hilarious, and my first thought was.... Think of the very happy lawyers and all the billable hours they will enjoy sorting all that stuff out. But heck if people want to complicate their lives that muchÖ go have fun, just donít ask me to pay for it.
The difference is, you and I can disagree, without belittling the other. I strongly support the freedom of people to marry who they choose, regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, orientation, or national origin.
I am certain you share that vision of freedom as well.
Even if we disagree on other things
Frankie cannot disagree with anyone without his tantrum, that is the difference.
As I have said before, who or how many a person wants to marry makes no difference. For the most part someones marriage has little if any affect on my marriage. That being said, poly marriage will have an affect on our legal system, good or bad it will have an affect. That can not be said of same sex marriage. The reality is this, the topic of this thread is not polygamy or incest marriage. I gave Frank his own thread for that purpose.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 says marriage in CA is "one man one woman" You do the math (if you're capable). Does it effect polygamy? Think real hard creep.
No this thread pertains to a federal judge who overturned a ban on same sex marriage. Did he have the right to do so. Did the portions of the Constitution that he sighted pertain to his ruling. At one time Same sex marriage was legal in California, did the voters of California have the right to remove and deny marriage based on sexuality?? Did the action of the voters violate the U.S. Constitution? At what time was Polgamy legal in the State of California?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I say there is an image problem, you say there is not
- No I don't, I say the image problem is the result of ignorance and bigotry.

I say it may take a decade or so, you call me a bigot
-No I don't I say why does it matter how long it takes.

I say I would vote for it, and you scream at the top of your lungs about my non-support as if you didnít read what I wrote.
-I don't scream, calm down. You say you would vote for it but no one else will because it is well known that polygamists are criminals using polygamy to commit their crimes.

I have not heard you mention a single obstacle, you act as if there arenít any.
-That's not true.

are you ready to acknowledge that some work needs to be done before this could possibly happen?-Never said it would be easy jackass.

p.s. Did you call everyone at that party a Liar?
-No, because they didn't lie. I only met a few of them. My gay neighbors asked if I would make chili they would supply the premium beer (gays don't fly coach!- calm down, they told me that one among others)I'm not a man to turn down free beer!
Hope that helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,681 - 158,700 of200,241
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
Menifee Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••