Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,809)

Showing posts 156,161 - 156,180 of199,131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>No but I can't stand over 50% of the people who live in this country.

[QUOTE]Why millions cross the border to come here, goofball?"

USA has a net negative migration rate. More people are leaving the AmeriKKKa nation than entering.

[QUOTE]America is the best country in the world!"

Not true in terms of education, healthcare, wealth equality, birth mortality, etc.

[QUOTE]Full of Conservative Christians who risk their lives to help other overseas. Conservatives who care abs love others and send millions of dollars to help other countries in need!"

Most Conservative Christians are the ones pushing for killing and wars overseas.

[QUOTE]Why do you think Texas has no "kids gun down" problem?"

They do. Texas is one of the worst states in the union with the highest teen pregnancy, poverty, stupidity, illiteracy, etc.

[QUOTE]Did you know that cities that allow guns are less violent and have less crime?"

Not true. You are lying.

[QUOTE]Do you really think that taking guns from law abiding citizens will reduce crime?
"

Yes Amerifat. Statistically it's been proven that less guns = less killing. Look at UK with only 35 deaths caused by guns last year.
"USA has a net negative migration rate. More people are leaving the AmeriKKKa nation than entering."

Yes, since Libtrads started running Congress!!!
MareApossie

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Just let yourself out to pasture next time.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, a popular vote was taken in California, and a judge rewrote marriage law. Maryland is one of the very few cases of popular referendum in support of legislated same sex marriage law. Without a legislated model, I doubt the electorate would have agreed to same sex marriage.
I do believe it was quite a bit more complicated than you imply...

March 2000 California voters voted for prop 22 (61.4% to 38.2%), a law essentially identical to prop 8 that came later.

Prop 22 was ruled as unconstitutional by the California State Supreme Court in May of 2008.

Prop 8 (essentially the same as prop 22) passed as a constitutional amendment (52.24% to 47.76%) in Nov 2008.

Judge Walker overturned the law August 2010. A stay has held up any marriages for same sex couples though.

The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirmed Walker's decision and continued the stay Feb 2012.

It now awaits the US Supreme Court for final decision.

This is hardly the action of a single out of control judge. It also isn't the re-writing of anything by one judge.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
No, it's about repression. When I can legally marry another dusty mangina, there's no affect on your marriage. You are still as married as you ever were. Nothing changes, the world continues to rotate daily, and haters will still be haters.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Why bother regulating marriage at all? Why does it matter who marries who? You could've easily said, "....legally marry two dusty manginas, or a related dusty mangina, or dusty womangina? Why does it mmatter who marries who legally, that is?
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead and champion the crusade for plural marriage. I'm going to focus on SSM, period. I'm done with hypothetical scenarios.
Ya didn't answer the question.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
putting aside the issue of the vote, a vote should be upheld both sides rallied and the losers of the vote should not have voted if they were unwilling to accept the outcome of the vote.
regarding this issue, america should relabel marriages as domestic partnership. this would render all couples equal and "marriage" would remain a religious ceremony for those whom choose to do it.. like baptism
Marriage is a legal contract, not a religious ceremony.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. The law and the Constitution are being manipulated. Our founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves.
Let 'em roll. Women can vote, slavery is illegal, murder of natives is, well, murder.
KiMare wrote:
If you knew history, you'd know they knew they had sounded the death knell for those issues.
While those issues have been confronted over and over in history, calling gay couples married has only extremely rarely and briefly been attempted. A clear distinction.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
Monster mutations were killed. Even now, DNA tests are done on fetuses so the mother can abort if there is an abnormality. As in the case of a chimera.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, a popular vote was taken in California, and a judge rewrote marriage law. Maryland is one of the very few cases of popular referendum in support of legislated same sex marriage law. Without a legislated model, I doubt the electorate would have agreed to same sex marriage.
Now that gay marriage is legal in MD, when are members of the Ravens going to be forced to marry each other? Your claim was that members of pro sports teams would be forced to marry each other when gay marriage is allowed.
Any sort of idea on that timeline?
230 fare

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Remember don't boil the TEA to long, other wise it turns bitter.

Tea Party nuts are bitter.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
"USA has a net negative migration rate. More people are leaving the AmeriKKKa nation than entering."
Yes, since Libtrads started running Congress!!!
When are you con dumbs leaving?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ya didn't answer the question.
I want the 1400 plus benefits that straight people receive from the federal government by being "married ". Until we have that, I'm not prepared to fight other battles.
Saudi sucks

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Saudi preacher rapes & kills 5-year-old daughter, pays small fine and is free.

Posted by Irina Gonzalez
on February 6, 2013

Activists are angry moms everywhere around the world and calling for justice after a 5-year-old girl was raped "everywhere" and died from her injuries.

The worst part?

Her own muslim father did this to her!

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that gay marriage is legal in MD, when are members of the Ravens going to be forced to marry each other? Your claim was that members of pro sports teams would be forced to marry each other when gay marriage is allowed.
Any sort of idea on that timeline?
can we watch the consimation of that Marriage?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage is a legal contract, not a religious ceremony.
Based on a specific relationship, that of husband and wife. Those states that have legal ssm based it on that same contract, eliminating in essence, that part of the contract referencing the sexual union of husband and wife.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Saudi sucks wrote:
Saudi preacher rapes & kills 5-year-old daughter, pays small fine and is free.
Posted by Irina Gonzalez
on February 6, 2013
Activists are angry moms everywhere around the world and calling for justice after a 5-year-old girl was raped "everywhere" and died from her injuries.
The worst part?
Her own muslim father did this to her!
and your point on ssm because of this?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>There is NO equality in a polygamy marriage. Other than that.....it's a go.
LOL, You made a funny. "No equality"....LOL....Good one.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you have some tough times coming kiddo
The case has already been made, and passed the court, and the appellate courts, that it should be lega, that making it illegal is unconstitutional.
there are 50 states, 20 years ago it was not legal in any of them.
Now it is legal in quite a few, and that number is growing every year. The number of countries legalizing it is growing even faster.
Just as poly is now...Illegal in all states, but about to change. You didn't really think that the issue was solely for the benefits of the gay crowd, only, did you ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems terrified of even discussing polygamy, so probably not.
He wishes it would go away because he's not smart enough to debate it. He gets angry because I won't let him dismiss it. The he says he laughing at me. Next he'll be calling me a liar.
But that's the Big Dope!
Kind of like ol' Chongo trying to decide what IS an issue and what isn't...hilarious.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I want the 1400 plus benefits that straight people receive from the federal government by being "married ". Until we have that, I'm not prepared to fight other battles.
Ahhhh.....so you're interested in the bennies but don't like the delivery method. Is that it? Why should the feds care who marries who, if all it is, is a benefits package?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
can we watch the consimation of that Marriage?
Sign me up for that!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on a specific relationship, that of husband and wife. Those states that have legal ssm based it on that same contract, eliminating in essence, that part of the contract referencing the sexual union of husband and wife.
Um, so what?
Husbands and wives will still have sex.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,161 - 156,180 of199,131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Menifee Discussions

Search the Menifee Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Pack coal in deeper 7,330
pastors who lie (May '08) 9 hr Lunch mom 1,059
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed Hole 15,676
Massage Envy -Beware Wed Catalina 3
JOHNSON: Family that bikes together, stays toge... Tue karally 1
Body Worlds (Oct '09) Apr 20 sttanzini 2
Experienced Group of Con Artists occupying my h... (May '13) Apr 19 informed 136
•••

High Wind Watch for Riverside County was issued at April 24 at 9:22PM PDT

•••
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Menifee People Search