Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,150

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178718 Feb 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with polygamy then? And no, I am nowhere near gullible, that is why I don't listen to leftwinged propaganda.
I donít care about it, but you can discuss it with Frankie all day, it is nearly all he thinks about.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178721 Feb 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. He was simply pointing out your irony and hypocrisy. Can't give an answer? Lost?
Yes he is using it as the standard diversionary tactic used by most opposed to same sex marriage, which is why most of us donít believe him when he says he is for it.

No one has been able to come up with any valid reason not to allow same sex marriage, not even in court, that is why you are losing court battle after court battle.

So they go after the bait and switch diversionary tactic.

It will still fail of course, justice will win and you will lose.

It is already legal in a growing number of states and countries, you are on the wrong side of history.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#178722 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha so funny.
You don't want to discuss marriage equality for other forms of marriage besides same sex and opposite sex because you want to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. Fine. Don't. But don't attempt to censor others who do.
There is NO equality in a polygamy marriage. Other than that.....it's a go.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178723 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha so funny.
You don't want to discuss marriage equality for other forms of marriage besides same sex and opposite sex because you want to avoid revealing your hypocrisy. Fine. Don't. But don't attempt to censor others who do.
Oh no, I just enjoy laughing at you so desperately wanting to talk about it.

All other tactics are failing, so you scrape the barrel with this crap
LBPSH

Monrovia, CA

#178724 Feb 7, 2013
Let's be perfectly stupid here:

Los Angeles and Torrance police started shooting when vehicles similar to the one sought by authorities in the hunt for a former LAPD officer suspected of killing three people.

This is why we need to take the weapons away from these idiots.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#178725 Feb 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is using it as the standard diversionary tactic used by most opposed to same sex marriage, which is why most of us donít believe him when he says he is for it.
[QUOTE]

Oh really....America's favorite polygamy family, the Browns have given numerous interviews in which they expressed their support for SSM, and used its legality in their own lawsuit.

[QUOTE]
No one has been able to come up with any valid reason not to allow same sex marriage, not even in court, that is why you are losing court battle after court battle.
No one has been able to come up with any valid reason for it, that's why 32 states have rejected it.
So they go after the bait and switch diversionary tactic.
So they ignore the obvious link between ssm and polygamy. "Golly gee Mr. Cleaver we just have to legalize ssm nation wide so those nice gay and lesbian couples down the street don't have to live in sin anymore. They're not like those evil religious poly people....oh no...not at all".
It is already legal in a growing number of states and countries, you are on the wrong side of history.
Time will tell, in the mean time invite the Browns to the next gay marriage rally.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#178726 Feb 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has been able to come up with any valid reason for it, that's why 32 states have rejected it.
<quoted text>
So they ignore the obvious link between ssm and polygamy. "Golly gee Mr. Cleaver we just have to legalize ssm nation wide so those nice gay and lesbian couples down the street don't have to live in sin anymore. They're not like those evil religious poly people....oh no...not at all".
<quoted text>
Time will tell, in the mean time invite the Browns to the next gay marriage rally.
LOL you have some tough times coming kiddo

The case has already been made, and passed the court, and the appellate courts, that it should be lega, that making it illegal is unconstitutional.

there are 50 states, 20 years ago it was not legal in any of them.

Now it is legal in quite a few, and that number is growing every year. The number of countries legalizing it is growing even faster.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#178727 Feb 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you have some tough times coming kiddo
The case has already been made, and passed the court, and the appellate courts, that it should be lega, that making it illegal is unconstitutional.
there are 50 states, 20 years ago it was not legal in any of them.
Ten years ago there wasn't a reality show about a polygamous family, now there's two.

Just like the Duggars begat the Bateses, the Brown family of TLCís Sister Wives has begat the Dargers. It seems like once every TLC reality show starts to get a little stale or repetitive the producers bring in another family for their stars to hang out with. Recently, the Dargers were featured on Sister Wives as a fellow polygamous family. On the show, we met husband Joe and wives Alina, Vicki, and Valerie.
Now it is legal in quite a few, and that number is growing every year. The number of countries legalizing it is growing even faster.
So far 32 states say otherwise. Perhaps we could annex Canada, to even out the numbers for ya.

Some of the same countries that have legal ssm, also have polygamist communities. The Brits already recognize foreign poly marriages for welfare bennies. The polys are right there with ya, Big D, as in de-nigh-yal

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#178728 Feb 7, 2013
Hey Frankie

Maybe we could get Big D a guest appearance on "Sister Wives". Ya never know.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#178729 Feb 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Hey Frankie
Maybe we could get Big D a guest appearance on "Sister Wives". Ya never know.
Petey! What is up, my man? hope all is well.

see you're still hypin' the ol' many wives for many lives mantra...good for you.
As my uncle Vinnie always said, "Stick wit what choo know..you know?"

:)
Shant ids

Monrovia, CA

#178730 Feb 7, 2013
Old news is playing out so good today.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#178731 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Petey! What is up, my man? hope all is well.
see you're still hypin' the ol' many wives for many lives mantra...good for you.
As my uncle Vinnie always said, "Stick wit what choo know..you know?"
:)
Woody....Woody is that YOU?! Che si deech? How the heck are ya amico? Let me guess, watching "Sister Wives", and their spinoff, "My Three Wives"? You're not fooling me....you probably got "Sister Wives" on DVD.

I was wondering when you're were going to pop in. Spending time on other threads no doubt. I've tried a few others, religion themed ones, but not as entertaining as this.

"Many wives for many lives...." I like that, good to see ya haven't lost your creative flair. Or we can go with, "We're poly, we're jolly, to ignore us is folly". A bit of a take off from the old "we're here, we're queer, we want white wine, not beer", or something like that. Red wine, vino rosso, that's different.

Now back to our program.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#178735 Feb 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The real arguments include the probable consequences of introducing gender segregation to marriage.
You said one of the consequences would be that members of professional sports teams would be forced to marry each other. Let's talk about that. Has that happened in any of the places gay marriage is legal?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#178736 Feb 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems terrified of even discussing polygamy, so probably not.
He wishes it would go away because he's not smart enough to debate it. He gets angry because I won't let him dismiss it. The he says he laughing at me. Next he'll be calling me a liar.
But that's the Big Dope!
Or as Fred G. Sanford would say, "Big Dummay"

North Hollywood, CA

#178737 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Only if you are dismissive of the unrefuted answers.
2. So defensive (and avoiding the issue...)! The difference is between asking "do you think" (a question) and stating "why do you think" (an assertion). You lied. Like I said, why are these childish word games necessary for a legitimate cause?
3. Of course lots of gays have procreated. That's not what I said and you know it. Another act of deception. I said gay couples.
Not one single gay couple in ALL of human history has ever procreated.
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
A apple tree bearing fruit.
A apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
A walnut tree who never bears apples wanting to be a apple tree.
A walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
Even funnier? The fact you think that analogy is apt.
Stupid, you don't have to be able to spawn in order to marry.
Period.
KiMare wrote:
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
4. You make a simpleton blunder by confusing 'blunder' and 'defect' with 'mutation'.
Is your mutation a blunder? A defect? Should you have been aborted?
After all, you don't just say you are a mutation, but a monster mutation.
LOL!

Revenge

Monrovia, CA

#178738 Feb 7, 2013
I'm not going to take this, any more.

Revenge is in the eye of the beholder, and all others start running like chicken's.

North Hollywood, CA

#178739 Feb 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ten years ago there wasn't a reality show about a polygamous family, now there's two.
If you actually gave a damn about polygamy, you'd start a topic about it. But you don't care. You are just against gay marriage, yet can't come up with an argument against it, so you bring up the red herring of polygamy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#178740 Feb 7, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is. Marriage is different.
<quoted text>
Why indeed?! You must be confused. Denying the basic human right of marriage to gay couples is the DISCRIMIANTION (duh!) that shouldn't be there.
<quoted text>
"Legitimate right" ...What is an IL-legitimate right by the way?
<quoted text>
Well, not sure quite what to make of this....
<quoted text>
Marriage liscenses are government issued and have nothing to do with religious choice or affiliation. So why does your or my or anyone else's religious thoughts matter even one iota?
You are fading out.

And boring.

Must be humiliating...

Smirk smile.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178741 Feb 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are fading out.
And boring.
Must be humiliating...
Smirk smile.
Yeah, you remember that feeling.
SlapSticks

Monrovia, CA

#178742 Feb 7, 2013
Wasn't there a GPD officer that was arrested and convicted of stealing drugs and money from drug raids? Glendora, Califonria.

David Lloyd Cass, 38, of Glendora, is scheduled to be arraigned Friday on two felony counts of bribery.

These two play out as slapStickers and as I've said you need to keep a close eye on those that hold life and death in their hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unique Adoptions (Nov '08) Mon TawshaRose 74
Review: Positive About Disabled People Dec 14 New Workshop Perris 7
KIRBY VACUUMS SCAMS-ACE company in murrieta (Oct '07) Dec 12 Tom D 340
Elsinore police arrest eight in prostitution op... (Apr '09) Dec 8 Chris 10
Sex Dec 3 tower climber 2
City of Menifee reminds everyone to participate... Dec 2 AMEX user 1
Gurzi Pleads Guilty, Sentenced to 12 Years in P... (Dec '07) Nov 30 Anissa7777 7

Menifee News Video

Menifee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Menifee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Menifee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST