Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#178189 Feb 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty slow lately eh, Fruitloops? No bites? Change your bait. Change your depth and presentation too. Then they'll bite!
He is a bit of a one trick pony, ain't he?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#178190 Feb 2, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a bit of a one trick pony, ain't he?
He's a funny guy. Maybe it's because he's on the wrong side of the pond.

Location hidden

#178191 Feb 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a funny guy. Maybe it's because he's on the wrong side of the pond.
He's also on the wrong side of 100 when it comes to IQ.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178192 Feb 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
twirl?
SMirk.
Wow, it sure is dusty up in here.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#178194 Feb 2, 2013
Big D wrote:
If you have to dig that deep into a barrel of crap to come up with an arguemnt, it means you are out of arguments.
I've heard hundreds of arguments to keep marriage male/female. Maybe Bid D misunderstood:

Big D wrote:
The argument you are useing could be used to say hetrosexual marrages should be illegal ( poorly of course,
How's that? The argument is, people in gender segregated institutions will be unfairly treated by same sex marriage because consent is problematic where rules supersede freedom. Prisons, professional sports teams, some universities and religious institutions are gender segregated so they never needed to adapt to marriage among its population. Same sex marriage would change that.

Big D wrote:
just as it is a poor argumnet as you are using it )
Everyone has their own reasons; even if the sound of same sex marriage doesn't feel right to you, that feeling is real. I'd like to help you express your protection of male/female marriage and your reasons to dislike same sex marriage.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#178195 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you really so dumb to not know that I didn't take it literally? Nope, it is a dumb analogy. Plain and simple. I'm quite happy you took the time to compose it though. It speaks volumes about you. Or was it something you copied? Which sheds more light.
DUMB!
There are only two options here.

1. Either you took it literally because you used the word Anthropomorphisation.

2. Or you used a word you had no understanding of what it meant.

I would suggest you be careful about throwing the word 'dumb' around...

If I copied it, it would be in quotes.

Smirk.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#178196 Feb 2, 2013
All institutions? Universtities? Mental institutions?
No, just all gender segregated institutions. Especially those where consent is problematic and freedom is limited by regulation.

Honestly Brian, why do you expect anyone to take you seriously and not call you an idiot when you come up with this garbage?
You have no sympathy for the institutionalized? Am I supposed to admire your enlightenment?

There really is no way to field abject stupidity other than calling it what it is.
You refuse to engage the argument; what about prisoners and their families?

Where do you live that makes you think marriage will be forced upon anyone and what basis, besides irrational hysteria, do you have for making such comments?
You've never heard of prison rape?

You remind me of a classmate of mine from college that would just blurt out any load of bollox that popped into his head rather than remaining silent when the conversation was over his head (which was most of the time).
You remind me of sophomores in college who claimed men and women are essentially the same and that cultural roles are artificial constructs; thanks but no thanks.
Karpet

Monrovia, CA

#178197 Feb 2, 2013
Those out of towners posters made another spot on the carpet

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#178198 Feb 2, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
I wonder do you lay awake at night thinking of this crap to post?
I think about what I'll post before I click the Post Comment button.

Jazybird58 wrote:
You cant be for real,
Everybody has their own arguments to keep marriage male/female; all those arguments are real. Try to get out of your bubble and learn about the world.

Jazybird58 wrote:
surley your not that damn stupid are you?
I support the Manhattan Declaration:

http://manhattandeclaration.org/man_dec_resou...

You advocate the way you like and I'll advocate my way.
Karpet

Monrovia, CA

#178199 Feb 2, 2013
Maybe we will just change the carpet out, since animals always return tot he scene of the dirty deed, just like out of towners posters do!
Catocombs

Monrovia, CA

#178201 Feb 2, 2013
Don't get your fur all up in a fizzie.

Location hidden

#178203 Feb 2, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh, you idiot, if marriages in prison were forced, they would have to marry men usually with men because most men in prisons are males, stupid.
Hey airhead, marriages aren't being forced on anyone in prison. The notion is rather silly. And stupid. Just like the way you worded your post.

Location hidden

#178204 Feb 2, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
IQ? How long have you been doing your homework? Do your homework child!
I did homework for 12 years in public schools, as well as a total of 8 in universities seeking a doctorate. Apart from that the only "homework" I've done in subsequent years involves learning more as information in my field advances. That and the occasional internet search to better understand some of the inner workings on a bike or two I've been restoring.

It does, however, appear my initial assessment of your IQ was rather generous. I assumed the first digit was a 9.

Location hidden

#178205 Feb 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.

What you did was use vegetation in your analogy about humans, thus imparting human qualities. It was really dumb sounding and now your feeble attempts to insult are making you look even less competent. You're sounding more and more like Brian these days.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#178206 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
What you did was use vegetation in your analogy about humans, thus imparting human qualities. It was really dumb sounding and now your feeble attempts to insult are making you look even less competent. You're sounding more and more like Brian these days.
That's my Kimare. You've got him pegged.

Location hidden

#178207 Feb 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, just all gender segregated institutions. Especially those where consent is problematic and freedom is limited by regulation.
Tell us, Brian, how will these forced marriages come about? Provide some evidence for the accusation other than "OMG! If they make same sex marriage the law of the land the prisoners will all be forced into it."
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>You have no sympathy for the institutionalized?
How in the name common sense did you draw that conclusion from my comment. You need to cut out the insane leaps.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> Am I supposed to admire your enlightenment?
I don't care what you do to be honest. Keep posting up your odd thoughts. I am quite amused by them.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>You refuse to engage the argument;
You refuse to offer any substance for your argument. How will forced marriages occur in prison? What supporting evidence do you have for this claim?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> what about prisoners and their families?
What about them? You tell me. Again, provide evidence. To date you are the only person I've ever heard bring up this rather odd notion.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>You've never heard of prison rape?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>You remind me of sophomores in college who claimed men and women are essentially the same and that cultural roles are artificial constructs; thanks but no thanks.
Point out where I've said they're essentially the same.

The anatomy is quite different in a couple locations and the endocrine systems function differently for the same reason.

When it comes to capabilities, these exist on a continuum. Men tend to be physically stronger than women yet women tend to have greater physical endurance for things like long distance running. That doesn't mean you won't find women who are quite physically strong or you won't find men with great endurance.

But none of this, not one teensy weensy little bit of it, has any bearing on which gender a particular individual finds attractive, and thus wishes to spend the rest of their life with under contract of marriage.

Now that you've run all over hill and dale about this, let us get back to your premise, how will same sex marriage create forced marriages in prison? Give us a valid argument for your claim. Don't confuse your claim with evidence.

Location hidden

#178208 Feb 2, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh, you idiot, if marriages in prison were forced, they would have to marry men usually with men because most men in prisons are males, stupid.
If, if, if!
Maybe you can give some commentary to support that it WILL happen. Don't just parrot Brian's dumb premise.

And you refer to others as children and idiots. Hilarious!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178209 Feb 2, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamists are NOT in the same boat I'm in. Geez......
"Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage" is the topic.
Where did a judge overturn California's ban on polygamy? Why didn't it happen?
Then, there should be no postings, at all, except for one word posts. And that word should be "Yes".

Besides, Miss Thing, who appointed you the "Topic Thread Moderator" ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#178210 Feb 2, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Can't take a hint, can you? Banned 5 times.... hmmmm.... what could that possibly mean? It couldn't be you..... it must be some far left conspiracy. yeah, that's it.
Glad we are in agreement. We both see it my way. It IS a conspiracy, to silence any opposition to SSM.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#178211 Feb 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
<quoted text>
There you go,'analogy'!

It is a perfect analogy of a dumb argument. Perhaps that is what you are confused about.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cost of School District Unification Remains a C... 42 min Victim 1
Sex Wed Sext with you 1
Is sun city that quiet that I'm seeing and repl... Nov 24 Chris 2
Elsinore police arrest eight in prostitution op... (Apr '09) Nov 24 Kymykat 9
Jealousy Nov 24 Chris 6
2 dead in Riverside County stabbing (Jun '07) Nov 24 Kymykat 19
Is Sun City the best place to retire in Ca? (Apr '09) Nov 24 Kymykat 32

Menifee News Video

Menifee Dating
Find my Match