Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174601 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't saying whether it was a religion, I was saying you believe God could exist then you should be careful in how you treat him, and not to wake him up! And gay rights doesn't mean polygamy, different fools could have different ideas about gay rights, and some could believe one should be only bound to someone of the same sex or opposite sex. But you aren't stupid enough for such generalizations were you? You were only using that "generalization" as an excuse not to defend monogamy weren't you?
If I read your post correctly, you are saying gay marriage rights are to be separated from polygamists rights, yes ? I see them both as erosion factors, in the destruction of societal fabric. If we are going to allow gays to marry, then why not allow anything, at all ? My position is that allowing gay people to marry is tantamount to having no meaning to the term "married". That if we allow gays to marry, but not polygamists, then we are merely lowering the bar a little bit, in the name of equality, but not truly embracing equality. Exercising the same discrimination that the gays are arguing against, but at a different level.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174603 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but they might have their own reasons for believing that incest and polygamy is wrong. That generalization was really an excuse wasn't it?
No, it wasn't. It is the embracing of "true equality", at it's basest level. The final breakdown of the centuries of refinement that we have striven for. It's no excuse, it's the arrival at the final destination that SSM is driving at, whether they like it, or not. If we lower the bar for them, then we must lower it all the way. Remove it completely. Else, we are taking half steps. Saying that"Group A can have what it wants, but not Group B". Where is the equality in that ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174604 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but they might have their own reasons for believing that incest and polygamy is wrong. That generalization was really an excuse wasn't it?
And, what does it matter if "they" have their reasons for for believing that incest and polygamy are wrong ? We heterosexuals had our reasons for believing that SSM is wrong, but "they" have told us to go to hell. "They" decided that what "they" wanted was OK, but now, "they" wish to say that what others want is not ? Unacceptable. Prejudicial and discriminatory, as "they" were whining about, only yesterday, "unfair" "they" said, but now, it is fine for them to set the bar against others ? No sir, if we allow any changes at all, then why waste any more time with silly standards ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174605 Jan 12, 2013
Blatantly "I'm all right, Jack...", wouldn't you say ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174606 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have already made my own targets, since you are against Christ, you have been targeted not by me, but by God.
If you are here to further the ends of Christianity, you are in the wrong place. I feel no targeting, merely point out that you seem to have no specific aim, except preaching the good word.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174607 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You pick your moments to be friendly! How come you only called me stupid when I gone against you? And before, you called the people who disagreed with me stupid and dopey, so somehow I was right once but now you can decide when someone is wrong?
He and I have been getting along the whole time that we have been posting, not arbitrarily picking when to agree. He has adopted the same position that I have, re you. Letting you have your way, as long as it provided the amusement that we all in here for. Like the Springer Show. You have started to post against him, and he has checked you, when necessary. Pick your targets better, and I am sure he will allow you to exist peacefully. Snap at the time, and in the wrong direction, and you will be kicked.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174608 Jan 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that if you start winning an argument with certain posters you will be censored. Some of my finest work has disappeared. Often only a few posts will be missing, Then of course you get the whole banishment and you are disappeared like some third world dictatorship headed by a bizarre megalomaniac homosexual.
When I see no bad judge-its or responses on my posts, I know I'm getting shadow banned.
Yep, same here...Then I check on the forum, through Internet Explorer, and find that I am absent, and it is done. Banned. Censored, just like that.
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174609 Jan 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If I read your post correctly, you are saying gay marriage rights are to be separated from polygamists rights, yes ? I see them both as erosion factors, in the destruction of societal fabric. If we are going to allow gays to marry, then why not allow anything, at all ? My position is that allowing gay people to marry is tantamount to having no meaning to the term "married". That if we allow gays to marry, but not polygamists, then we are merely lowering the bar a little bit, in the name of equality, but not truly embracing equality. Exercising the same discrimination that the gays are arguing against, but at a different level.
Of course. But some pro gay fools don't see that it isn't marriage, due to their own folly. Some fools think homosexuals are able to get in a proper marriage, so they still support polygamy. Polygamy and homosexuality are still not proper marriages but for completety different reasons. You should have saw this, so I believe in fact you are lying to cover it up!

Some however aren't like this, and simply allow it for the sake of "equality", like rose!
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174610 Jan 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
See there you go again Squeaky. Insults. Then you ask why I am mean to you.
Too funny!
How was that an insult? Are you now trying to use more excuses and pretending to refute my claims?
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174611 Jan 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
See there you go again Squeaky. Insults. Then you ask why I am mean to you.
Too funny!
Not like sheep, but can think freely? Just like darwinism, I'm sure you really want to side with the atheists and have sex with satan!
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174612 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
No, it wasn't. It is the embracing of "true equality", at it's basest level. The final breakdown of the centuries of refinement that we have striven for. It's no excuse, it's the arrival at the final destination that SSM is driving at, whether they like it, or not. If we lower the bar for them, then we must lower it all the way. Remove it completely. Else, we are taking half steps. Saying that"Group A can have what it wants, but not Group B". Where is the equality in that ?
Only lying Rose said she supported gay rights because of "equality" and nothing else. Try again!
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174613 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
And, what does it matter if "they" have their reasons for for believing that incest and polygamy are wrong ? We heterosexuals had our reasons for believing that SSM is wrong, but "they" have told us to go to hell. "They" decided that what "they" wanted was OK, but now, "they" wish to say that what others want is not ? Unacceptable. Prejudicial and discriminatory, as "they" were whining about, only yesterday, "unfair" "they" said, but now, it is fine for them to set the bar against others ? No sir, if we allow any changes at all, then why waste any more time with silly standards ?
I never said they matter. Those people are very trivial and insignificant and worthless! I was simply pointing out how flawed that statement was and how it seemed like you were using an excuse and to prove you weren't really loyal to God by supporting monogamy! And why not say that to mikey as well? He also supports gay marriage, but not polygamy!
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174614 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
If you are here to further the ends of Christianity, you are in the wrong place. I feel no targeting, merely point out that you seem to have no specific aim, except preaching the good word.
It is to hold people who say they are believers but aren't to account, just like the proud church of ephesus did!
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174615 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
He and I have been getting along the whole time that we have been posting, not arbitrarily picking when to agree. He has adopted the same position that I have, re you. Letting you have your way, as long as it provided the amusement that we all in here for. Like the Springer Show. You have started to post against him, and he has checked you, when necessary. Pick your targets better, and I am sure he will allow you to exist peacefully. Snap at the time, and in the wrong direction, and you will be kicked.
So he's the boss round is he eh? He doesn't point out any errors or mistakes, but just laughs at them? He sounds like the devil who is in charge of hell scoffing at the tortured souls!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174616 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. But some pro gay fools don't see that it isn't marriage, due to their own folly. Some fools think homosexuals are able to get in a proper marriage, so they still support polygamy. Polygamy and homosexuality are still not proper marriages but for completety different reasons. You should have saw this, so I believe in fact you are lying to cover it up!
Some however aren't like this, and simply allow it for the sake of "equality", like rose!
So you are in favor of allowing gays to marry, but not polygamists ?
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174617 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Yep, same here...Then I check on the forum, through Internet Explorer, and find that I am absent, and it is done. Banned. Censored, just like that.
I'm glad it doesn't happen with me much! But at least most of the posts tend to be over with any way with any discussions.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#174618 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Only lying Rose said she supported gay rights because of "equality" and nothing else. Try again!
Er, try what again, exactly ?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#174619 Jan 12, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a scoffer as well? Read proverbs much? God condemns the scoffer!
ROFLMAO, who doesn't your god condem???
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174620 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Er, try what again, exactly ?
You said you were addressing people who supported gay marriage simply illogically because of "equality", but yet don't support polygamy. But only Rose did that, so you were obviously only making excuses. Try again? Another excuse will it be?
Largelanguage

Buckley, UK

#174621 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
So you are in favor of allowing gays to marry, but not polygamists ?
I meant they don't support polygamy. Trying me now are you? About time wasn't it? I am actually against polygamy and gay rights!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Menifee- will it take a turn for the worst? (Aug '09) 6 hr sideline 75
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 20 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Who do you support for Magnolia School District... (Oct '10) Sep 25 Pj morelo 18
is it okay to make out with your sister (Feb '11) Sep 22 Korny 11
Re-Elect Tom Fuhrman Menifee City Council Sep 21 Jeremy Cronin 23

Menifee News Video

Menifee Jobs

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Menifee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Menifee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]