Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
WillyJ

Bakersfield, CA

#172976 Jan 2, 2013
My sentiments are with "whyvote". I don't recall if the people of Calif. have voted on this issue 2 or 3 times and each time said emphatically they do not want same sex marriage to be legal in this state. So how in the hell does one damned judge once again get to decide what the law should be, if my memory serves me correctly it says "We The People", not me a single judge who doesn't give a damn about the peoples vote. Why does one person on this state or nation have the right to decide what any law should be. That is why we have the election process.

I think this judge should be removed from power in a very public forum.

This is supposed to be a free nation not a dictatorship.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#172977 Jan 2, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Rose, he just an idiot.
You are so right!

Santa Monica, CA

#172980 Jan 2, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Yes. I love my Homosexual friends and the lesbians but your post is typical of muddled thinking as it relates to Biblical truth. Plants do not "grow" because of the Sun. Plants grow because the Sun produces light. This allows the process of Photosynthesis to produce chlorophyll, an essential component for the production of sugar, a necessary process that allows plants to grow.
Stupid, plants can't grow without the sun, yet the creation myth of Genesis has them growing before the sun was created. And it wouldn't be just a matter of light, without the sun, the earth would be close to absolute 0 degrees.
Ronald wrote:
Had you actually read the Bible, rather than just repeating snippets from lists of supposed contradictions that are compiled by others, you would have learned that God created light prior to his having created the sun and the moon. According to the historical record:
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." (Genesis 1:2)
"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." (Genesis 1:3)
"And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness." (Genesis 1:4)
Yet still no sun. Day and night before there was a sun! Absurd.
Ronald wrote:
"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so." (Genesis 1:11)
"And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:12)
As I said, plants growing, yet still no sun. Absurd.
Ronald wrote:
" And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also." (Genesis 1:16)
And now the sun is created, after the plants. It's also clear they didn't know moonlight is just a reflection of sunlight.
Ronald wrote:
"And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth," (Genesis 1:17)
There is no firmament! The sun and moon aren't "set" in anything. The heavens are virtually 100% empty space.
Ronald wrote:
"And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:18)
Source: http://tinyurl.com/l4f7y
Ronald
Thanks for helping me prove my point.

Santa Monica, CA

#172981 Jan 2, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Actually, higher pay and improved conditions of employment are only possible when productivity increases. It is curious that Big Union Bosses have long called for the repeal of Taft-Hartley, yet, they call upon the African
Why are you fundies such racists?
Don't you believe Jesus died for black people?
(Didn't bother reading the rest of your post, just want to know why fundies are such racists.)

Santa Monica, CA

#172982 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wasn't. It was about inter-racial marriage.
What were the arguments made against inter-racial marriage?
Magic Carpet riders

Monrovia, CA

#172983 Jan 2, 2013
Go away, your still playing in 2012.

Santa Monica, CA

#172984 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So..(Let me see if I have this right), you are claiming to have knowledge about the unions that I do not possess, even though I am a
former member,
Seems I do, you pathetic parasite.
R Hudson wrote:
and you've never been in a union, do I...um, do I have this right ? You, who cannot even keep track of your "A"s and your "E"s ?
We all make typos.
R Hudson wrote:
You are simply, and sadly, looking for a front to exploit, even if you have to stray into "Schmuckland" to try it...You have been corrected before, and reminded that you do not think clearly. Accept this as your due. Because you are plainly addled. In technical terms, you are "Gonzo".
You are nothing but a butt ugly parasite. You are in no position to talk about thinking clearly. Just quit driving your truck while drunk. It would be sad if you were to wreck the truck, hurt or kill a worthwhile human being (you're not worthwhile), and destroy valuable merchandise if you crashed.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#172985 Jan 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, plants can't grow without the sun, yet the creation myth of Genesis has them growing before the sun was created. And it wouldn't be just a matter of light, without the sun, the earth would be close to absolute 0 degrees.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And now the sun is created, after the plants. It's also clear they didn't know moonlight is just a reflection of sunlight.
<quoted text>
There is no firmament! The sun and moon aren't "set" in anything. The heavens are virtually 100% empty space.
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. I agree. Carpet munching is no way to come to the understanding of simple truth. Why not just try to relax and reread my post? While it is true that the Sun produces light that allows plants to grow, the sun is unnecessary if other light sources exist. None of my Homosexual friends and the lesbians munch carpets because they desire to come to the understanding of truth. Shouldn't you emulate them? According to the instruction manual:

"Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:" (Isaiah 46:12)

"I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass." (Isaiah 48:3)

Ronald

Santa Monica, CA

#172986 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the idiocy. You fear being singled out, in a city of grotesque perversion, while claiming that I, who lives in a small town, and travels around a lot, risk nothing ?
You risked ridicule. And you were ridiculed.

And you aren't facing people who are murderous, racist and immoral.
R Hudson wrote:
Have you completely lost your min.....wait, never mind, the answer is clear. You are plainly insane. And I took my picture down, in order to taunt (needlessly) Bruno, for a minute. You, on the other hand, have no guts. FKing worm, with made-up excuses. It's you drug addled transvestites that are the violent ones. The ones with no grip on reality.
You can't tell a woman from a man by looking. LOLSER!
Bet you had a grip on a transvestite's member somewhere between Bakersfield and Fresno.

Santa Monica, CA

#172987 Jan 2, 2013
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
When we DIDN'T have transvestites, like Sushi, on the TV, hosting New Years Eve shows.
You've got a real transvestite fixation.

Santa Monica, CA

#172988 Jan 2, 2013
WillyJ wrote:
My sentiments are with "whyvote". I don't recall if the people of Calif. have voted on this issue 2 or 3 times and each time said emphatically they do not want same sex marriage to be legal in this state. So how in the hell does one damned judge once again get to decide what the law should be, if my memory serves me correctly it says "We The People", not me a single judge who doesn't give a damn about the peoples vote. Why does one person on this state or nation have the right to decide what any law should be. That is why we have the election process.
I think this judge should be removed from power in a very public forum.
This is supposed to be a free nation not a dictatorship.
It's supposed to be a nation where everybody gets equal rights. Even when that's not popular with knuckle draggers like you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#172993 Jan 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody is going to get on their knees in front of Jesus and use their tongue?
Provide ANY evidence hell exists. Any at all. No, buy-bull quotes don't count.
You are all the evidence we need that hell exists, Rose_NoHo!

No buy bull necessary.

Santa Monica, CA

#172994 Jan 2, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Yes. I agree. Carpet munching is no way to come to the understanding of simple truth.
WTF does that have to do with my post? I was talking about the absurdity of the idea of plants growing without the sun.
Ronald wrote:
Why not just try to relax and reread my post? While it is true that the Sun produces light that allows plants to grow, the sun is unnecessary if other light sources exist.
BS. Without the sun, the earth would be close to 0 degrees Kelvin. Face it, the creation story is a myth made up by ignorant Bronze Age goat herders.
Ronald wrote:
None of my Homosexual friends and the lesbians munch carpets because they desire to come to the understanding of truth. Shouldn't you emulate them? According to the instruction manual:
"Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:" (Isaiah 46:12)
"I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass." (Isaiah 48:3)
Ronald
WTF are you babbling about?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#172995 Jan 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF does that have to do with my post? I was talking about the absurdity of the idea of plants growing without the sun.
<quoted text>
BS. Without the sun, the earth would be close to 0 degrees Kelvin. Face it, the creation story is a myth made up by ignorant Bronze Age goat herders.
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.

Please stop. You are making such a fool of yourself.

Ronald

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#172996 Jan 2, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>oooh ya... just got them done... double d's
sweet,I love the Ta ta's

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#172999 Jan 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems I do, you pathetic parasite.
<quoted text>
We all make typos.
<quoted text>
You are nothing but a butt ugly parasite. You are in no position to talk about thinking clearly. Just quit driving your truck while drunk. It would be sad if you were to wreck the truck, hurt or kill a worthwhile human being (you're not worthwhile), and destroy valuable merchandise if you crashed.
"(you're not worthwhile)"

PRICELESS!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173000 Jan 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's supposed to be a nation where everybody gets equal rights. Even when that's not popular with knuckle draggers like you.
Or you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173001 Jan 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What you were babbling about.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173002 Jan 2, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Please stop. You are making such a fool of yourself.
Ronald
Ronald.

Please don't stop her, I enjoy it when she makes a fool of herself. It is amusing.

Mike DiRucci.

Since: Sep 08

#173003 Jan 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Gloop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote yes on Measure AA to help our MSJC student... 7 hr Melissa C 2
Closures Planned on Interstate 15 in Murrieta N... Oct 25 Janet 1
Moreno ValleySCHOOLS: 2 incumbents, 3 challenge... Oct 25 In the thick of i... 1
inquiry of Carlos Perez (May '11) Oct 25 todays hater 145
Menifee- will it take a turn for the worst? (Aug '09) Oct 24 Pining 77
KIRBY VACUUMS SCAMS-ACE company in murrieta (Oct '07) Oct 22 Tyrone 339
Murrieta Mayor Resigns After Arrest on Suspicio... Oct 22 Gerald Vonberger 1

Flash Flood Watch for Riverside County was issued at October 30 at 1:52PM PDT

Menifee News Video

Menifee Dating
Find my Match

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Menifee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Menifee