Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
149,601 - 149,620 of 200,556 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Kleenex at Target will be on sale until 12/15/2012.
FYI
You would know. How much is the Jergen's lotion?

YUK!YUK!YUK!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
No one needs to use cleverness in speaking truth.
Yet another fact the Confucious would no doubt agree upon.
That's good because you ain't got any! But you lie anyway.

Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
The 14th Amendment holds no sway a to what can be considered basic civil rights.
The right to marry an adult of one's choice appears to be all that.
You're a social fuckup friend. You actually think the nation should revolve itself around your "feelings" of other citizens. If that were the case me and your neighbors would have bought you a one way ticket to China some 21 years ago...LOL!!!
WHAT? Anyone know what this dumb Dan-speak means?

"...14th amendment holds no sway.."? sway?

"...nation should revolve itself..." revolve?

Buy me a ticket to China Dan too, I want a vacation.

P.S. What are your wife's working hours? I don't really care but since you are so concerned about my g.f.'s hours for some reason, just thought I'd ask.

WOOHOO! Dan. What a jackass!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

I love all this "definition of marriage" talk

It is a joke

I am not about to let any religious organization define words for me, no more than you would allow the word "Jihad" replace the word "preemptive strike" in our language ( chuckle )

I donít care what any religious book says

I donít care what someone thinks is "normal" and I am not about to let anyone else define the word "normal" for me.

Marriage is not about procreation, I know many married couples that can no or do not have children, I am not about to belittle their marriage because of that. Marriages is about a commitment between 2 people to live their lives in support of one another.

My wife is not my property, she is my partner in life, my support, my very best friend, and dearest love.

Marriage has nothing to do with any single religion, I know couples of many different religions and I am not about to belittle any one of them depending on which religion they happen to believe in, or none at all for that matter.

What I do care about is equality, and justice

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
I love all this "definition of marriage" talk
It is a joke
I am not about to let any religious organization define words for me, no more than you would allow the word "Jihad" replace the word "preemptive strike" in our language ( chuckle )
I donít care what any religious book says
I donít care what someone thinks is "normal" and I am not about to let anyone else define the word "normal" for me.
Marriage is not about procreation, I know many married couples that can no or do not have children, I am not about to belittle their marriage because of that. Marriages is about a commitment between 2 people to live their lives in support of one another.
My wife is not my property, she is my partner in life, my support, my very best friend, and dearest love.
Marriage has nothing to do with any single religion, I know couples of many different religions and I am not about to belittle any one of them depending on which religion they happen to believe in, or none at all for that matter.
What I do care about is equality, and justice
Does that equality and justice extend to everyone? Poly marriage? Incest marriage? If so I'm with you. If not you're a hypocrite.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that equality and justice extend to everyone? Poly marriage? Incest marriage? If so I'm with you. If not you're a hypocrite.
Those cases have not been brought up yet, have not really considered them as there has been no complaint about injustice there. If someone wants to bring up a case, I can weigh in.

There was the ... German I think, couple that were married and did not know they were brother and sister and wanted the world to just leave them alone... I agree with them on that case, the world should just leave them alone.

I donít have a problem with Poly marriage, I do have a problem with some religious cults that seem to include abuse of children and non-consent in a poly marriage. It isnít Poly marriage I have an issue with, just some ( not all ) of the cults that practice it.

Ever read ďThe Moon is a Harsh MistressĒ?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is not marriage but the definition of marriage????
WTF???
LOL!!!!
Fact is marriage of and by itself is a singular institution MORON.
And yeah dumbfuck....the right to get married to an adult of one's choice falls under the Constitution in that it's a liberty an American wishes to partake in which causes no harm.
You're one DUMB son of a bitch....LOL!!!
Another Gay response ...
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that certainly is your opinion, but your opinion really doesn't matter. As of right now the only group which is legally recognized with a "fundamental right" to marriage is those comprised of one man, one woman. That is why there is a case at the SCOTUS.
And it doesn't matter how angry you get, those facts don't change.
It won't be long before the Muslim influence takes over, in which all the talk about SSM will come to an end, the Feds know this and ar just stalling. lol
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this post mean? Anybody know?
It means that you and Dan are two dumb FKS. Yuk,Yuk, Yuk

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those cases have not been brought up yet, have not really considered them as there has been no complaint about injustice there. If someone wants to bring up a case, I can weigh in.
There was the ... German I think, couple that were married and did not know they were brother and sister and wanted the world to just leave them alone... I agree with them on that case, the world should just leave them alone.
I donít have a problem with Poly marriage, I do have a problem with some religious cults that seem to include abuse of children and non-consent in a poly marriage. It isnít Poly marriage I have an issue with, just some ( not all ) of the cults that practice it.
Ever read ďThe Moon is a Harsh MistressĒ?
Funny (not funny haha, funny as in ugly and bigoted) that whenever bigots say "I don't have a problem with poly..." they immediately follow it with accusations of child abuse, non-consent and cults, etc.

Of course we're talking about CONSENTING ADULTS. And religion has no place in a discussion of the legality of same sex marriage it also HAS NO PLACE in a discussion of the legality of polygamy, you flaming bigot.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
It means that you and Dan are two dumb FKS. Yuk,Yuk, Yuk
No it doesn't. It means you're gay.

YUK!YUK!YUK!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be long before the Muslim influence takes over, in which all the talk about SSM will come to an end, the Feds know this and ar just stalling. lol
What a dopey post.

The feds are waiting for the mooslims to take over so they can quash SSM?

Put down the bong jackass!

WOOHOO!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Gay response ...
You should know!

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Umbra

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Rains on it's way.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Gay response ...
Thank you for capitalizing 'Gay'.

It is a sign of respect and for that I'm grateful.

Let me return the favor....you're a Dumbshit.

LOL!!!
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. It means you're gay.
YUK!YUK!YUK!
Awww....c'mon now.

Make nice.

You're both idiotic gay bashers...you should get along.

ROFL!!!!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that certainly is your opinion, but your opinion really doesn't matter. As of right now the only group which is legally recognized with a "fundamental right" to marriage is those comprised of one man, one woman. That is why there is a case at the SCOTUS.
And it doesn't matter how angry you get, those facts don't change.
actually that is NOT the case in a growing number of states, and it doesnít matter how angry you get, but now many tens ( if not hundreds ) of thousands of same sex couples are legally married.

More will follow

Get over it

It hasnít hurt my marriage that they can marry, maybe you should look to your own marriage ( if you have found someone that will have you ) for the stability you lack in your own.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny (not funny haha, funny as in ugly and bigoted) that whenever bigots say "I don't have a problem with poly..." they immediately follow it with accusations of child abuse, non-consent and cults, etc.
Of course we're talking about CONSENTING ADULTS. And religion has no place in a discussion of the legality of same sex marriage it also HAS NO PLACE in a discussion of the legality of polygamy, you flaming bigot.
Moron, I also think religion has no place in a discussion of legality, but that doesnít change the fact that I have concerns over some religious cults

still... it does not mean I am opposed to poly marriages, just some cults that use them to justify things I am indeed opposed to.

I donít assume anything with you, you so often misrepresent what others say I donít know the depth of your dishonesty

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww....c'mon now.
Make nice.
You're both idiotic gay bashers...you should get along.
ROFL!!!!!
And you are a liar. I am not an idiot or a gay basher. You are stupid to falsely accuse people based on your silly juvenile emotions.

YUK!YUK!YUK!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron, I also think religion has no place in a discussion of legality, but that doesnít change the fact that I have concerns over some religious cults
still... it does not mean I am opposed to poly marriages, just some cults that use them to justify things I am indeed opposed to.
I donít assume anything with you, you so often misrepresent what others say I donít know the depth of your dishonesty
There you go again. Always bringing up negative aspects of some poly marriages in the past due to ignorance and predjudice.

It's like saying "Same sex marriage is OK with me except that some homosexuals are child molesters, murderers, child abusers, cultists bla bla bla."

Get it? Got it? Good!

What a bigot!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Severe Weather Statement for Riverside County was issued at August 20 at 8:59AM PDT

•••
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE