Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
148,981 - 149,000 of 200,358 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170089
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
It is? Wow! I've read Prop 8 and the trial transcripts several times. Polygamy is nowhere to be found in there, but I'm sure you know what you're talking about. Polygamy will be legal in California when Prop 8 goes down, eh? Wonders never cease. Alert the media... they've been keeping it a secret, too.
Prop 8 said marriage is for one man one woman. Prop 8 restricted marriage to only that. Prop 8 is about to be gone. It removes an impediment to both prohibitions, gender and number. We won't be dropping the gender part but keeping the number part of prop 8 that restricts number now will we miss thing? No we're righeously tossing the whole thing.

I know you hate poly. Tough sh!t toots! It's on it's way. But meanwhile please entertain us and tell us why you hate it! I love a good bigot trying to explain himself.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170090
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand English may not be your primary language, I will try to use small words.
I am not paranoid, I see people, right here in this forum, trying to control what other people not of their belief system can and cannot do based on their belief systems.
You are the pitiful little squealer, you cannot make a post without Jr High school level name calling, I do pity you, but as you have no control or influence on anyone, you arenít really a danger, just a laughing stock.
Why you mad bro?

TOO FUNNY!
Equality-is-the- issue

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170091
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Despite anyone's personal beliefs or opinions, the issue of equality is at stake with same-sex marriage. Proposition 8 and any measure aimed at eliminating or restricting rights of any American citizen is discriminatory, period.
The intent of the US Constitution was to provide equality to all along with freedoms and rights. Prop 8 was illegal to begin with because it put to vote the possiblity of eliminating rights. The Constitution protects rights and guarantees the same rights to all. Selective rights is discriminatory.
You don't have to like it, but don't be so unAmerican as to discriminate and separate any group of people because of your own personal beliefs.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170092
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you mad bro?
TOO FUNNY!
Not at all, laughing my behind off

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170094
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Equality-is-the-issue wrote:
Despite anyone's personal beliefs or opinions, the issue of equality is at stake with same-sex marriage. Proposition 8 and any measure aimed at eliminating or restricting rights of any American citizen is discriminatory, period.
The intent of the US Constitution was to provide equality to all along with freedoms and rights. Prop 8 was illegal to begin with because it put to vote the possiblity of eliminating rights. The Constitution protects rights and guarantees the same rights to all. Selective rights is discriminatory.
You don't have to like it, but don't be so unAmerican as to discriminate and separate any group of people because of your own personal beliefs.
Thank you! Please Tell Mona Lott et al.
Delayed

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170095
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

The "delay" is a violation of city codes which prohibit the council from "impeding governmental responsiveness or efficiency."

Regardless of the results, he plans to file a report with the public integrity division of the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170096
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, laughing my behind off
No you're not. Big fibber!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170097
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope not legal yet silly, but one step closer.
We got rid of that pesky "man/woman" part of "One Man One Woman" now all we gotta do is get you bigots to give up the "one" part.
Why is gender righteous and number "illegal"? Please tell us miss thing. We won't wait.
Gee.... I don't know... why is number "illegal?" Could it be because there's a law against it? Nah.... that's too obvious for you. It must be illegal because same sex marriage is illegal.... nah.... that's OBVIOUSLY not true. Gee whiz? What is stopping anyone from marrying everyone else? Let's all get married and make the USA one family. Think of the savings.... there would only be a need for ONE tax return.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170098
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! Please Tell Mona Lott et al.
Sorry, I'm not buying that load. The Constitution grants equal protection of the law, not equal rights.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170099
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee.... I don't know... why is number "illegal?" Could it be because there's a law against it? Nah.... that's too obvious for you. It must be illegal because same sex marriage is illegal.... nah.... that's OBVIOUSLY not true. Gee whiz? What is stopping anyone from marrying everyone else? Let's all get married and make the USA one family. Think of the savings.... there would only be a need for ONE tax return.
Wow! It's illegal because there's a law against it? Priceless!

You mad or something miss thing?

P.S. How's it feel to argue against equal rights? You're doing it very poorly.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170100
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I'm not buying that load. The Constitution grants equal protection of the law, not equal rights.
Equal means equal miss thing. Even for those nasty polyamorists that you hate!

Don't like poly? Don't marry more than person. Easy!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170101
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not. Big fibber!
You so desperately want to make people mad.

poor baby
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170102
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal means equal miss thing. Even for those nasty polyamorists that you hate!
Don't like poly? Don't marry more than person. Easy!
Nobody can marry more than one person, dipshit. Easy!

Equal protection means equal protection. I believe polygamists already had their day in Court. They lost. Boo-hoo.... poor polygamists..... so discriminated against! waa.... waa..... waa.... I wonder why they don't start a voter initiative. What could possibly be the reason?????

p.s. I don't hate polygamists because I DON'T CARE about polygamy. It is a non-issue... except to whack-jobs like you. Maybe you should organize your fellow whack-jobs and petition the government. You would NEVER do anything like that, would you? No, not you.... it's much easier to whine about it on inappropriate TOPIX forums. You're not serious... you're just a poser.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170103
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! It's illegal because there's a law against it? Priceless!
Yes! It's THAT simple.... like you.
Koches

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170104
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Koch Brothers and the idiot in Michigan callinghiself a Gove. has really spit in to the wind this time (sour apples) if you ask me!

The Republicans got theit hinnies kick so far back up their throats they can't cought with out tickling their throat.

Police used chemical spray Thursday to subdue protesters trying to rush the Michigan Senate chamber

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170105
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Still waiting for a rational argument against gay marriage...
No such thing as gay 'marriage'.

That's silly stupid redundancy!

:-)
Belized

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170106
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

McAfee founder denied asylum expected back in Belize soon.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170107
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as gay 'marriage'.
That's silly stupid redundancy!
:-)
Well.... you are partially correct. This is no such thing as gay marriage. There is only marriage. Gay and straight couples both get the SAME redundant license.
Necked

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170108
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Just watch Washington and West Point.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#170109
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody can marry more than one person, dipshit. Easy!
Equal protection means equal protection. I believe polygamists already had their day in Court. They lost. Boo-hoo.... poor polygamists..... so discriminated against! waa.... waa..... waa.... I wonder why they don't start a voter initiative. What could possibly be the reason?????
p.s. I don't hate polygamists because I DON'T CARE about polygamy. It is a non-issue... except to whack-jobs like you. Maybe you should organize your fellow whack-jobs and petition the government. You would NEVER do anything like that, would you? No, not you.... it's much easier to whine about it on inappropriate TOPIX forums. You're not serious... you're just a poser.
You argue against equal rights like the class A bigot that you are! Priceless!

Don't like poly? Tough sh!t! Just don't marry more than one person and you won't even notice it.

Don't get mad, just get out of the way of equality. Poly marriage won't hurt you or anyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 12:00PM PDT

•••
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Menifee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Menifee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Menifee
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••