Bar-V Boy's Ranch
Alan

Crescent City, CA

#1 Aug 16, 2007
in 1951 I attended Bar-V-Boys' Ranch in Nuevo. anyone ever hear of this?
Todd

United States

#3 Sep 13, 2007
yah i go ride my dirt bike out there
Julie Foster

Highland, CA

#4 Nov 27, 2010
Regarding the Bar V Ranch: family friends of ours owned the Bar V from the mid-50s to the early 60s. I have a snapshot of my mom by the pool, in her maternity clothes, expecting me. We spent many happy weekends there, very happy times. I have several school books stamped "Bar V Ranch School, Nuevo (Riverside County) California". Would like to trade memories with others. Too, I have old postcard of the Bar V.
Jack

Hesperia, CA

#5 Aug 14, 2011
Julie,
My brother and I spent the summers at the Bar V ranch in 1950-51. We have been trying to recalL the names of the husband and wife that owned and ran it. We've also tried several times to locate the area of ranch but could never find it. We both have a lot of memories of the ranch and would love some photos and information you might have.
My email is: [email protected]
Sincerely,
Jack Rosen
Julie Foster wrote:
Regarding the Bar V Ranch: family friends of ours owned the Bar V from the mid-50s to the early 60s. I have a snapshot of my mom by the pool, in her maternity clothes, expecting me. We spent many happy weekends there, very happy times. I have several school books stamped "Bar V Ranch School, Nuevo (Riverside County) California". Would like to trade memories with others. Too, I have old postcard of the Bar.
Jack

Hesperia, CA

#6 Aug 14, 2011
Alan wrote:
Alan,
I also spent the summers in 1951 & 1951. We probably bunked together. Any photos and do you remember the husband and wifes name?
Jack Rosen
[email protected]
Bob Seiger

Long Beach, CA

#7 Sep 2, 2011
I spent three summers and the 5th grade at Bar V Ranch. Probably, 1941 - 1944. The Bullions, Neil and Doris, I think, were the owners at the time. It was a great place for a city boy. There was a big, friendly dog name Ty. Learned how to swim, ride horses (saddle and bareback), hike and camp out, milk a rattlesnake, shoot a rifle and bow and arrow, etc. Discipline was a big thing along with responsibility. You got a little homesick, at first, but it didn't take long to get into the routine of things. Great learning experience...the only time in my life that I got straight A's in school and went to church every Sunday! I've often wondered what became of my friends there i.e. Rusty Colby, Tommy Clarken, etc. Anyone out there?
julie foster

San Diego, CA

#8 Aug 24, 2012
Alan wrote:
Hi Alan. I have a postcard image to send, if you'd like, of the Bar-V-Ranch. Our friends the Chaneys owned the ranch, tho I don't know how early they acquired it. My family was going there in the mid 50's til it was sold in early 60's.
julie foster

San Diego, CA

#9 Aug 24, 2012
Bob Seiger wrote:
I spent three summers and the 5th grade at Bar V Ranch. Probably, 1941 - 1944. The Bullions, Neil and Doris, I think, were the owners at the time. It was a great place for a city boy. There was a big, friendly dog name Ty. Learned how to swim, ride horses (saddle and bareback), hike and camp out, milk a rattlesnake, shoot a rifle and bow and arrow, etc. Discipline was a big thing along with responsibility. You got a little homesick, at first, but it didn't take long to get into the routine of things. Great learning experience...the only time in my life that I got straight A's in school and went to church every Sunday! I've often wondered what became of my friends there i.e. Rusty Colby, Tommy Clarken, etc. Anyone out there?
Hi Bob! Sorry for the oversight. See comments just posted in response to Alan. Don't know how to, if it's possible, to send images through this format. But, would be happy to forward Bar-V-Ranch image.
Julie Foster

Costa Mesa, CA

#11 Aug 11, 2014
Do any one of you remember a Donald Maas who attended Bar V Ranch School?
Charliechan

Brookings, OR

#12 Jan 28, 2015
Alan wrote:
I attended summer camp there for six weeks in the early 50's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Apr '12) May 21 Musikologist 34
Metrolink Perris Valley Line opens June 6 May 21 Metrolink Perris ... 1
Metrolink Perris Valley Line is grand opening o... May 21 Metrolink Perris ... 1
News PerrisMETROLINK: Perris Valley Line slated to o... May 21 Perris Valley Line 1
News Orange County deputy loses rifle, search underway May 19 Just a thought 3
News California firefighter delivers daughter on way... May 9 Dole Pancer 6
kelly jarka murder trial verdict (Sep '09) May 6 therealcd_99 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Menifee Mortgages