Comments
461 - 480 of 1,114 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2014
Buddy

Vacaville, CA

#481 Jan 16, 2014
I'm gonna say something...

[QUOTE who="Desiree (on her Facebook)"]<quoted text>
Gods finally revealing all this crap ! Ohh and found meth? Wow so shoutout to Mikey and Robert for telling the truth after all ![/QUOTE]

Is this who you've been hanging out with when you were over here???!!! Those crooks who are drug addicts THEMSELVES?! And I've been hearing some differing stories in regards to your testimony...that picture that you SUPPOSEDLY received from Pastor Mark...how did that get on the news? Did you send it? If the evidence was destroyed how did it reach the news? Did you send it to other people? Or, did baker or Mikey snoop around into boxes that they weren't supposed to and share the pictures with you? Also, what DID happen in regards to your living situation with the Bongards? "I just moved to Missouri" just doesn't cut it for me...getting faux sympathy and attention is fun, isn't it?
Here ya go

Vacaville, CA

#482 Jan 16, 2014
http://m.thereporter.com/reporter/db_/content...

Here is the initial article with the detective on the case's phone number.

I hope this guy steps down because it doesn't appear the church has clarity. Men of uneven and violent temperaments aren't meant to lead churches. He should have never been given the lead of the church it is a disservice to him & to the faith as a whole.

I hope the cops get to the bottom of all this soon so that the faith and city can heal.
Wow

San Carlos, CA

#483 Jan 16, 2014
Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this who you've been hanging out with when you were over here???!!! Those crooks who are drug addicts THEMSELVES?! And I've been hearing some differing stories in regards to your testimony...that picture that you SUPPOSEDLY received from Pastor Mark...how did that get on the news? Did you send it? If the evidence was destroyed how did it reach the news? Did you send it to other people? Or, did baker or Mikey snoop around into boxes that they weren't supposed to and share the pictures with you? Also, what DID happen in regards to your living situation with the Bongards? "I just moved to Missouri" just doesn't cut it for me...getting faux sympathy and attention is fun, isn't it?
I don't go to this church and never would but even seen that picture from another person that does go to that church so he has sent it to more than just her...
Nothing but truth

Vacaville, CA

#484 Jan 16, 2014
When I first found out about Joanna taking her life, Sara was the one who called me. She expressed feelings like it was him (Mark) that did it to her and she thought he was a killer. Then she dates him for a year LOL. Sara has brought this violence onto herself and her family. She was always a loose girl and I'm not surprised that she offered out herself sacrificing the safety of her family for her own desires of excitement. Her first intuition was that Mark hurt Joanna and then she dated the very man she suspected of being a murderer. Nobody is really innocent in this whole thing. A lot of dirty hands are in this pot. People love this crap! Lives are drab and boring these days and this whole thing gives people a warm fuzzy. I think Pastor thinks way too strongly that sin is sin and who cares about trying to kill someone and their family or cheating on your taxes. Please cheat on your taxes and stop trying to kill people.

Since: Jan 14

Spring, TX

#485 Jan 16, 2014
SoSad wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so happy to hear that. Let's see how good your memory is. A few months after you left I was in Wal-Mart in Vacaville running down an aisle, you stopped and grabbed me and hugged me. I was so hesitant because there were so many questions I wanted to ask I ended up just saying hi and going with my dad. But I am happy to hear that you're okay. I am doing okay as well. I noticed more and more people started to disappear and never once did I question why. I was 8-12 at the time. I would return to the church often as I grew up, and there were only a handful of people I recognized. I just thought maybe they outgrew the church. Now as more and more people are coming forward, I realize people just don't get up and leave, something or someone has to make them want to do that. I left the church when they bought that house. I didn't think it was necessary and the way they showcased money, I just thought it was disgusting. I know in the end everything comes down to money. But I went to another church just to visit and they only asked for offering once the whole service and never brought up money again and just let the service be about what we needed to hear. I wish more people would get up and leave but also let the others know what's going on. It's not fair to let people believe that this man is telling them the truth. I know he has his followers, and they're too caught up to notice that he's leading them on the wrong path. I knew he wasn't a great person all along and had flaws, but I didn't think they were that bad. What is crazy to me is that people are still listening to him. Again, what kind of pastor let's themselves get into that situation? I don't know how he got bail (the reason I think, I truly don't want to believe) but to go back and preach and actually have people listen?! That's just crazy to me. He himself needs to soak in the word of God, not preach it. Mark needs to practice what he preaches. And "Mr. Mitch," again, it is so nice to know that you're okay. I often think of the church and Miss Joanna and the brown bus, and you always come to mind. I was only at the church for a few months when you left. So please always know that in just 2 or 3 months you made a big impact on my life.
Well as much as I wish I could say I remember.. Unfortunately that last 3 months out there were a blur... and I don't remember much.. probably because it was a very hard and difficult time in my life.. I lost a lot then... I apologize for not remembering but glad to know whatever the church did for you helped at some point.. but also glad to hear that you were smart enough to see what was going on...

Vacaville, CA

#486 Jan 16, 2014
Vacaville mom wrote:
To immature teens.....
You are not immature at all!
You are a beautiful young lady, I don't know you but I am very proud of you! Hang in there!
I'm with you ! It really takes tremendous courage :D
VacaSister

Vacaville, CA

#487 Jan 16, 2014
proigal brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Well as much as I wish I could say I remember.. Unfortunately that last 3 months out there were a blur... and I don't remember much.. probably because it was a very hard and difficult time in my life.. I lost a lot then... I apologize for not remembering but glad to know whatever the church did for you helped at some point.. but also glad to hear that you were smart enough to see what was going on...
Is this Mitch who worships with Pastor T now and Tom B?

Houston, TX

#488 Jan 16, 2014
VacaSister wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Mitch who worships with Pastor T now and Tom B?
No... sorry different mitch I guess...I don't know pastor t or Tom b
ok lemming

Walnut Creek, CA

#489 Jan 17, 2014
Nothing but truth wrote:
When I first found out about Joanna taking her life, Sara was the one who called me. She expressed feelings like it was him (Mark) that did it to her and she thought he was a killer. Then she dates him for a year LOL. Sara has brought this violence onto herself and her family. She was always a loose girl and I'm not surprised that she offered out herself sacrificing the safety of her family for her own desires of excitement. Her first intuition was that Mark hurt Joanna and then she dated the very man she suspected of being a murderer. Nobody is really innocent in this whole thing. A lot of dirty hands are in this pot. People love this crap! Lives are drab and boring these days and this whole thing gives people a warm fuzzy. I think Pastor thinks way too strongly that sin is sin and who cares about trying to kill someone and their family or cheating on your taxes. Please cheat on your taxes and stop trying to kill people.
Finally a level headed person.
Immature teen

United States

#490 Jan 17, 2014
Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first started going back in jan 2012, i started hanging out with mark on Friday /Saturday nights because I didn't wanna be tempted to go out an party, so I'd go out to the church and rebound or clean the church just to stay busy . As for the picture on the news I have no idea because they took my phone but that one was in fact on my phone . I do know Matt said that mark would send pics to the men in the church but idk if that was one of them . I never sent any of the pictures to anyone . I did however show a friend everything from the beginning on the phone and she went to police also and testified . But other than I never showed anyone else or never sent them . And no all of the 80+ pictures were sent from mark to my phone . He even downloaded a safe app to secretly save the pics on it becauSe he was so paranoid . As of why I left the bongard is because at the time mark was back as pastor and I had to go to church and listen to him preach about how he was innocent about everything when in fact he wasn't , I never knew anything about th drugs , but I know Sarah Nottingham through him and an innocent person doesn't send a minor 80+ pictures and when the minor says she's done, she's gets cut off totally . So now the pastor of my church don't talk to me and I'm full of guilt , so I was writing a lot on Facebook saying I miss my family and stuff becauSe I felt like I didn't have anyone sense Matt an Sarah said they had my back and then mark comes back and we are acting like none of it happn. Nothing was ever talked or figured out, just swept under the rug . So my mom kept calling me saying that she knows something is wrong and I kept telling her no , because I was told by Matt and Mark not to say anything to anyone . So I thought, " it we stand for the truth on the word of God , how is it right to lie to my mom ?!" My mom called back and I was crying because me and Sarah got in a argument , and my mom was yellin and I broke and told her everything , so she said If I didn't get out of there house the cops would be called && I was terrified because I know what mark said would happen if the cops found out , so I moved to a friends. Then I saved money up to move to Missouri to be with my family and go to college , which I just started .
And I don't want sympathy I said from the BEGINNING befor I even gave Matt my phone that I KNOW IM NOT INNOCENT , I TOLD MARK I DIDNT WANT TO BE PART OF IT ANYMORE because of how guilty I was . But see I asked God for forgiveness and mark to forgive me for encouraging it and being a stumbling block to him
SoSad

Bakersfield, CA

#491 Jan 17, 2014
proigal brother wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really no problem Mr. Mitch (I hope I can still call you that) like I said, I just wanted to know that you're okay. Nobody needs an explanation of why you left, sometimes people just want to see people do good in life. Maybe one day I'll run into you someway somehow and I won't be that shy little girl anymore. & I can thank you in person for helping me with my problems when I was so young. That's something I can never repay anyone for. You and Ms. Joanna helped me so much. And maybe you don't remember and won't ever remember, but always remember that I'm so thankful of it. Thank you Mr. Mitch, without you I wouldn't be the young woman I am today. I knew then that words wouldn't ever hurt you, but if anyone of that church ever talks down on you, please never take it to heart. You did more good than bad and you helped more kids than you would ever know.
So Silver

Coppell, TX

#492 Jan 17, 2014
BeeVee wrote:
<quoted text>
So that justifies his criminal behavior?
Hello. I guess you didn't read my post. I never said it was right on what Mark did or is accused of doing or that he's justified. Read before you post something like you did.
ok lemming

Walnut Creek, CA

#493 Jan 17, 2014
@ mom and daughter don't you have a phone you realize by putting all your business on here you could be actually helping Mark by discussing an open case. Truth needs telling but tell it in court or you screw up witness testimonials cause they could have just read it on here.

Houston, TX

#494 Jan 17, 2014
SoSad wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really no problem Mr. Mitch (I hope I can still call you that) like I said, I just wanted to know that you're okay. Nobody needs an explanation of why you left, sometimes people just want to see people do good in life. Maybe one day I'll run into you someway somehow and I won't be that shy little girl anymore. & I can thank you in person for helping me with my problems when I was so young. That's something I can never repay anyone for. You and Ms. Joanna helped me so much. And maybe you don't remember and won't ever remember, but always remember that I'm so thankful of it. Thank you Mr. Mitch, without you I wouldn't be the young woman I am today. I knew then that words wouldn't ever hurt you, but if anyone of that church ever talks down on you, please never take it to heart. You did more good than bad and you helped more kids than you would ever know.
That means the world to me it really does.. I appreciate that so much and it seem to me that you have become a very wise young lady and that's great news... and as far as the church members talking down on me.. well god has watched over me since then and he has shown me that the words might come out of their mouth but it's mark that's controlling what they say.. I can't get upset at anyone's opinion.. they are entitled to it but at the same time I know how manipulated they are into living how mark wants them to...that's the part I can't stand... it's so hard to leave that mindset.. of guilt and manipulation and start to think for yourself again.. it's been 6 years and I still struggle...
Curious

Fairfield, CA

#495 Jan 17, 2014
How did Mark's arraignment go? It was supposed to have been Tuesday.
Was there church on Wednesday? What did Mark have to say?
From the news clips of services last Sunday, it seemed like some of the members were truly clueless about the accusations. I wonder what the attendance will be this weekend.

None of this is in any way any of my business, but I have to admit I can't look away from the horror of this trainwreck.

Walnut Creek, CA

#496 Jan 17, 2014
Curious wrote:
How did Mark's arraignment go? It was supposed to have been Tuesday.
Was there church on Wednesday? What did Mark have to say?
From the news clips of services last Sunday, it seemed like some of the members were truly clueless about the accusations. I wonder what the attendance will be this weekend.
None of this is in any way any of my business, but I have to admit I can't look away from the horror of this trainwreck.
Lol me too
Trainwreck Times

Encinitas, CA

#497 Jan 17, 2014
According to this article, the next court date is January 31.

http://www.thereporter.com/crimebeat/ci_24915...
Anonymous

Walnut Creek, CA

#498 Jan 17, 2014
Dennis,

Obviously you didn't understand the first statement I made when I said that I am not here to defend Mark on the recent allegations. So no I will not feel stupid in a month when this all comes out. I was not there and dont know but am not going to pass judgement or to be judge and jury like so many people on here are. I was speaking on what I do know. So first I will apologize in saying that you are lying. Maybe Joanna did tell you she was being abused. I was there when she said that it wasn't true she was seeking attention. Obviously you did not have that conversation with her. I brought up her childhood because maybe if she got the attention at home she wouldn't have looked for it elsewhere. I know you and Mark had a falling out and that is between you and him. You talk so much about karma rearing its ugly head for all the crap he said about you. In all honesty you are doing the exact same thing now. So what does that mean for you? No one knows but Mark and GOD what the truth is on all the recent allegations. The girl Sarah who is involved in all of this doesn't seem to stable or credible herself. It is all public recod. This woman has 4 restraining orders against 4 different people in the last couple years. The restraining order that Joanna had put against him many many years ago has a story behind it that I will not discuss on here but I was around when it was placed and there was no truth behind the domestic violence. Its just sad that people who used to be close friends in the past are now enemies.
Anonymous

Walnut Creek, CA

#499 Jan 17, 2014
Sorry if this comes out twice my post disappeared. Dennis I am not running my mouth. I am talkimg about things I know from the past. People are attacking Mark about things that happened many years ago when none of them even knew them back then. Only a handful of us even if that many on here who really did know Mark and Joanna like we did.
Friend of Joanna

Vacaville, CA

#500 Jan 17, 2014
childhood friend_ wrote:
Dennis,
Obviously you didn't understand the first statement I made when I said that I am not here to defend Mark on the recent allegations. So no I will not feel stupid in a month when this all comes out. I was not there and dont know but am not going to pass judgement or to be judge and jury like so many people on here are. I was speaking on what I do know. So first I will apologize in saying that you are lying. Maybe Joanna did tell you she was being abused. I was there when she said that it wasn't true she was seeking attention. Obviously you did not have that conversation with her. I brought up her childhood because maybe if she got the attention at home she wouldn't have looked for it elsewhere. I know you and Mark had a falling out and that is between you and him. You talk so much about karma rearing its ugly head for all the crap he said about you. In all honesty you are doing the exact same thing now. So what does that mean for you? No one knows but Mark and GOD what the truth is on all the recent allegations. The girl Sarah who is involved in all of this doesn't seem to stable or credible herself. It is all public recod. This woman has 4 restraining orders against 4 different people in the last couple years. The restraining order that Joanna had put against him many many years ago has a story behind it that I will not discuss on here but I was around when it was placed and there was no truth behind the domestic violence. Its just sad that people who used to be close friends in the past are now enemies.
The restraining orders Joanna had were very real, as was the physical and mental abuse that prompted them. She grew up in a loving home and had wonderful parents. She was a vulnerable teenager and he is a master manipulator and classic abuser. I'm so glad that the truth is finally starting to be revealed. One thing that hasn't come up is his time in prison, just prior to starting the church. It's only a matter of time until his closet full of skeletons comes bursting open... And he deserves every bit of misery coming his way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Menifee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr shake 15,964
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Duh 5,015
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr spotters 200,605
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr napalmers 7,933
Paving Fraud Suspect Arrested (Oct '08) Sat nikki 377
Californians fight over migrants Sat Serrano Red 130
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Sat james marple 50
•••

Menifee News Video

•••
•••

Menifee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••