NY man finds $8K, returns to owner

Jul 11, 2012 Read more: WANE-TV Fort Wayne 10

A New York man who found a bag with $8,000 in cash along a road has returned the money to its owner.

Read more

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1 Jul 11, 2012
nice show , guess some people are good

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2 Jul 11, 2012
In New York even!!

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#3 Jul 12, 2012
off the trail wrote:
In New York even!!
...and just WHAT do you mean by that?????

Hmmmmmm?????

8-)

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#4 Jul 12, 2012
Dammit, thought this was mine at first, but I lost $18,000...sorry

8-!

“Play it again, Sam.”

Since: Oct 11

Casablanca

#5 Jul 12, 2012
Reading that made me smile.

Not everyone sucks. Yay!
Nick Optis

Lakewood, OH

#6 Jul 12, 2012
"Nick Optis, of Mendon, N.Y., came across a money bag Monday morning in Bloomfield, south of Rochester. After finding the cash and checks made out to nearby White's Farm Market, he brought the bag to the farm stand."

I would like to buy Nick a drink for his kindness. Hope the dummazz who dropped the bag gets to work at MickeyD's after this.

Too irresponsible to entrust with money.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7 Jul 12, 2012
I can see how , but no excuse ..........

An employee had apparently lost it on the way to the bank when he opened and closed his car door after seeing it was partially ajar.

The employee realized at the bank the money was gone and raced back to the farm stand. Optis had already dropped it off.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Jul 12, 2012
There just had to be some frickin checks in there huh...and in New York of all places??? Sorry DILF, as much as people bag on CA Im just an opportunist...lol

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#9 Jul 12, 2012
DILF wrote:
<quoted text>
...and just WHAT do you mean by that?????
Hmmmmmm?????
8-)
Haa ha,.. that didn't even play well on the salsa commercial, huh?
()-:<
NY native

Nunda, NY

#10 Aug 3, 2012
I dont know if the man knew Mr. White and if any of you did, you'd understand why all this happened. Whether Mr. Optis knew him or not, he is a good guy. As for Mr. White, it is summed up by his reaction to this. The employee still works there and Mr. White's comment: "It was a life's learning experience for him." He is the best of the best and is greatly respected not only in his community but for miles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mendon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
let us pray Apr 15 CHILD OF GOD 1
Cult (Sep '07) Apr 11 i love jesus 31
News Explosion/Fire in East Rochester Apr 2 Grady Stiles 3
News Woman suffers from overdose, man arrested for i... (Mar '09) Mar 31 jamebazer 13
News Prostitution sting in Henrietta leads to arrests (Apr '14) Mar 29 kkk 13
Local Politics Do you approve of William J. Eddinger as Superv... Mar 28 Les Moore 1
News Former U of Rochester administrator sentenced f... Mar 22 Rochester Agitator 2
More from around the web

Mendon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]