Sleepy suburb gets fired up over heal...

Sleepy suburb gets fired up over health care

There are 90 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Aug 6, 2009, titled Sleepy suburb gets fired up over health care. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

The health care debate in our area got heated. We haven't seen a discussion this intense in a public forum in a long time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Yeah yeah yeah

Rochester, NY

#85 Aug 18, 2009
Birth Control, used properly can work very well. However, in those cases where even when used properly, it fails - I'd prefer the option of abortion over the idea of an unwanted child.
Hello

Lowville, NY

#86 Aug 18, 2009
Yeah yeah yeah wrote:
Birth Control, used properly can work very well. However, in those cases where even when used properly, it fails - I'd prefer the option of abortion over the idea of an unwanted child.
If you feel that strongly about not wanting children perhaps you could obtain the surgical sterilization. Or simply obstain in place of killing an innocent living being.
Dual Citizen

Toronto, Canada

#87 Aug 18, 2009
No One Important wrote:
Obama is down to a 47.8 approve and 41.8 DISAPPROVE among independents on RCP.
You remember the independents, right?
THEY’RE the ones who got the democrats their majorities and Obama elected.
Congratulations democrats, you’ve managed to completely p*ss them off.
And one of the cheerleaders for government health care, Paul Krugman, GOT himself b*tchslapped in a public forum.
For all you wingnuts out there touting the Canadian health care system...pay attention:
From a debate sponsored by Intelligence Squared US, Krugman got himself humiliated by audience members.
PAUL KRUGMAN
—and I wanted to ask, actually two questions, to the audience. First, how many Canadians, would Canadians in the room please raise your hands.[ONE PERSON APPLAUDS, LAUGHTER]
JOHN DONVAN
We have about seven hands going up—
PAUL KRUGMAN
Okay, not as many as I thought. Okay, of those of you who are not on the panel who are Canadians,, how many of you think you have a terrible health care system.[PAUSE] One, two—
JOHN DONVAN
We see—almost all of the same hands going up.[LAUGHTER]
PAUL KRUGMAN
Bad move on my part.[APPLAUSE]
Yea, see?
CANDIANS don’t like their health care system. Who do I contact to turn in the DEMOCRATS spreading misinformation about the Canadian system, hmmmm?
Wonder why you don’t see the media playing THIS video, huh?
Ask your idiot democrat representative, WHY they WONT' fix what we already have FIRST.
Ask them that question.
Fix medicare and medicaid FIRST. PROVE that the government can do ANYTHING efficiently.
THEN you can pontificate on taking over 17% of our economy.
Because you imbeciles JUST paid DOUBLE the RETAIL price for a phoecking ham. and we're supposed to believe you can manage health care BETTER and CHEAPER?
Gimmeabreak.
Tell your idiot democrats reps to PROVE it first. FIX what we already HAVE.
Until then, shove it.
We don't want what you're selling.
I think that my helath care is great. So what if I have to wait a extra 20 minutes to see a doctor, IT'S FREE!
L Graves

Middlesex, NY

#88 Aug 18, 2009
Interesting that there was no mention of the vote that was taken at the town meeting, the results were about 10 for / 450 against.
Rednecked Mama

Rochester, NY

#89 Aug 19, 2009
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
If you feel that strongly about not wanting children perhaps you could obtain the surgical sterilization. Or simply obstain in place of killing an innocent living being.
Who said I was going to abort anything? BTW, I'm a parent who WANTED her kids. I'm not about to force someone else to have kids because YOU say so. Put your money where your mouth is and start adopting kids. Make sure you adopt the 'unadoptable ones'.
Rednecked Mama

Rochester, NY

#90 Aug 19, 2009
BTW, I am Yeah yeah yeah's wife.
Marsha Rochester

Rochester, NY

#91 Aug 19, 2009
there ya go rednecked mamma--you tell um..If you don't think it should be legal just adopt all the unwanted children and support them and don't ask us for any $$ to do it with. From this day forward they should keep it in their shorts,well they will be to busy raising kids anyway
Jay

Covina, CA

#92 Aug 20, 2009
Confused Private Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not pro-abortion, but I am old enough to realize that many women died in back rooms and back alleys before the law allowed abortions to be performed by healthcare clinics, doctor's offices and the like. Many young women who were trying to correct a mistake lost the ability to have children once they were ready to do so because of botched illegal abortions.
I think it is sad that people do not use preventative birth control and then use abortion as a form of birth control.
There are victims of rape and incest that have abortions, there are cases of risks of pregnancy that can take the life of a mother (leaving her other children motherless), and medical issues that deem abortion to be the correct end of pregnancy.
You have been paying for abortion for many years, through your tax dollars (medicaid ) and healthcare premiums.
Why do you think you opinion should now carry enough weight to not fund medical facilities because they do not agree with your values?
And what about the day someone decides the care you seek should not be covered for you??? Will you then think that person has the right to decide about your healthcare?
We are all allowed to believe what we want about abortion, and to practice our beliefs in our own lives. The courts set the law on abortion years ago. But you, One Man Standing, think you have rights over others health care choices. Sorry, you are a minority on that belief!
I agree.
Jay

Covina, CA

#93 Aug 20, 2009
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, that would be the best choice to make. But most won't be that responsible and that's just a fact of life. So that's the plane we have to be on when we are looking at this. And for the record, morally I absolutely disagree with abortion except in medical circumstances. But I don't think the government should be able to tell you that you can't have one. That's what makes this kind of confusing with me. On one hand I don't think it's something for the government to get involved in one way or the other. On the other hand I worry about the alternative approaches the poor will take if they can not afford procedures done by a real doctor.
kill them all

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#94 Aug 25, 2009
If you have a family, get a job. There is no reason why I should be forced to pay your bills. I do not care about your life or your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mendon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sam's Club closing stores in Syracuse, Rocheste... Jan 11 BovenziSuxDix 1
News BarkEater craft beer changing strategy, hoping ... Jan 11 Physics 1
Henrietta Politics Nov '17 Jeffrey P Kueppers 1
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27
Mendon Kennel Arson (Jul '15) Jul '15 Decca77 1
News Rochester police officer's friends join him in ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Ha Ha 3
News Uphill quest (Dec '13) Dec '13 RePigs friend 2

Mendon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mendon Mortgages