Man Charged in NY Ponzi Scheme Commit...

Man Charged in NY Ponzi Scheme Commits Suicide

There are 7 comments on the 13WHAM story from Aug 31, 2010, titled Man Charged in NY Ponzi Scheme Commits Suicide. In it, 13WHAM reports that:

Authorities say an upstate New York businessman charged with bilking oil and natural gas investors in a Ponzi scheme that took in an estimated $35 million has committed suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 13WHAM.

Since: Jun 10

Clockville, NY

#1 Aug 31, 2010
Good Job. Way to be a man about it, and not wait for a trial and waste more of the taxpayers money. That's how every Ponzi schemer should do it from now on.

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

Albion, NY

#2 Aug 31, 2010
SliceNDice wrote:
Good Job. Way to be a man about it, and not wait for a trial and waste more of the taxpayers money. That's how every Ponzi schemer should do it from now on.
You are so right.Now we will hear what a great person he was and all of the bleeding hearts will say how bad we are for telling it like it is.The "man" ruined the lifes of many people and didn't give a damn about them,just the money he beat all of them out of.

“Former Trucker - Disabled SSD ”

Since: Jan 09

Greece, NY

#3 Aug 31, 2010
Apparently he was guilt ridden and took the easy way out. Now, he will not face; the victims, courts and doesn't have to reimburse the victims personally.

scorpio3

“Get out of MY country!!”

Since: Feb 10

HopBotton in Pennsyltucky....

#4 Aug 31, 2010
I guess being 71 years old and going to jail is a killer sentence. Can't do the time? Don't do the Crime!!
Good riddance you crummy piece of donkey dung, Lets all go over to the cemetery and take a dump on his grave!!

scorpio3

“Get out of MY country!!”

Since: Feb 10

HopBotton in Pennsyltucky....

#5 Aug 31, 2010
It's easier to get the money from his estate than to get him to personally reimbuse you! Just fle against his estate in probate court!
Rhonda

Rochester, NY

#6 Aug 31, 2010
First off, I thought 13WKKK didn't cover suicides???
They talk so much poop, it's unbelievable.
Dawson is trying to take over the whole show and is putting Inner-City Barnhart to shame.

Second, a WHITE guy steals 35 Million and is not in jail and doesn't even get the disgrace of having his picture on the story 13 did of him.

If a brother stole $3.50 from Walmart they'd lock him up for a few years if they didn't kill him before his day in court, and they would still have is black mugshot on a news story on every news channel.

Since: Jun 10

Clockville, NY

#7 Aug 31, 2010
Robert Whitney wrote:
Apparently he was guilt ridden and took the easy way out. Now, he will not face; the victims, courts and doesn't have to reimburse the victims personally.
I don't want to speak for the victims, but I'm willing to bet dogs to donuts that they are at least somewhat thrilled of the turnout. It's sad that we place money before people, but needless to say, the guy brought it upon himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mendon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four defendants indicted in multi-million dolla... 8 hr Phallusing Around 15
News Why families are choosing to rent homes, not buy May 20 IescapedNY 2
News Whatever Happened to ... North Park Lanes? May 19 Megan 2
News 91-year-old man rappels Kodak Tower May 18 Rhonda 1
Wal-Mart wants Lima Store (Apr '06) May 17 Megan 226
News Hit-and-run Lamborghini driver ticketed May 16 A14626mom 10
News Sandra Arena denied parole (Nov '13) May 11 dumptump 31

Mendon Jobs

Personal Finance

Mendon Mortgages