First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Woodbury, CT

#1 Jul 4, 2008
Does anyone know what happened to the Cocke n kettle? I heard it closed.
Looking for a job

Uxbridge, MA

#2 Jul 4, 2008
Heard the same thing. One of the wait staff told me the public was being told it was closing for the Holiday, but the truth is it will not reopen.
sheila

Bristol, RI

#3 Jul 8, 2008
I also heard that the restaurant closed. One of the sisters that owned it died fairly recently; but there is a sign posted that it is closing because of the economy. It is too bad; it has been open for so long.
sheila

Bristol, RI

#4 Jul 8, 2008
I heard that a sign is posted stating that the restaurant is closing because of the economy. Any reason is so unfortunate for the family and employees. One sister died fairly recently; does that have anything to do with it?
Phyllis and Jim

Natick, MA

#5 Jul 10, 2008
What happens to $50 gift certificate? We were planning on having dinner there this weekend
Becky

Springfield, MA

#6 Jul 12, 2008
I would like to know what happens with the gift certificates too. I have one and I know someone else that has one too.
I tried calling the number listed for them to ask that same question, but no answer.
Northbridge Resident

Westborough, MA

#7 Jul 12, 2008
The article was in last weeks local section of the T&G. They did close their doors due to the economy. It did not mention anything about certificates. FYI: that happended to us as well in a place in Milford - ours was a $25.00 gift cert. We lost out.
Don- Mendon MA

Milford, MA

#8 Jul 15, 2008
I have a 100 dollar gift card for the Cocke'n Kettle restaurant and like other posts here,would like to see my purchase honored. State Rep.Richard Moore has asked the state Attorney General to look into ensuring customers are reimbursed for any prepaid items. Contacting the AG office and Rep. Moore's office are two things we can do.
Anne Brown

United States

#9 Aug 11, 2008
Phyllis and Jim wrote:
What happens to $50 gift certificate? We were planning on having dinner there this weekend
I also have a $50 gift certificate. Has anyone heard if this will be honored?
Anne Brown

United States

#10 Aug 11, 2008
I have a $50 gift certificate. Does anyone know if this will be honored?
James Tessum

Uxbridge, MA

#11 Aug 15, 2008
Me too and im very much pissed. i got it from my husband whos been very sick recently and we've been meaning to go there with the gift certificate.and now he is in the hospital and doesn't know when he'll be out. i miss him so much. we dont know if he'll make it and i have been dying to plan our anniversary there.
Julie Hall

Uxbridge, MA

#12 Aug 15, 2008
Well, I do love there food. Personally I do find this devistating. Their tofu was the best I have ever had. The atmosphere was lovely. The people there were loving. I would always have the best time there.I will miss them...and their tofu.
Nicole Coolbrith

Uxbridge, MA

#13 Aug 15, 2008
I did not enjoy any of their food. And I know exactly why they closed. My brother worked there and there was vermin and cockroaches found in some pots. The kithchen was not clean, and yes someone did die.
Jackie Page

Uxbridge, MA

#14 Aug 15, 2008
Um, Miss Nicole Coolbrith, I'm pretty sure that the Cock 'n Kettle did not close for those following circumstances. Sooner or later I believe the truth will be revealed. "Economy" doesnt exactly fit from my point of view.
Im with Stupid

Uxbridge, MA

#15 Aug 15, 2008
Nicole Coolbrith wrote:
I did not enjoy any of their food. And I know exactly why they closed. My brother worked there and there was vermin and cockroaches found in some pots. The kithchen was not clean, and yes someone did die.
OMG...You're such a whack job!

“Metrowest Real Estate”

Since: Apr 08

Hopkinton Massachusetts

#16 Aug 20, 2008
What a shame such a well known landmark has been taken down by this week economy we are in.
Jim Beaudoin

Millbury, MA

#17 Aug 28, 2008
Nicole Coolbrith must have been drunk when she wrote that comment. The Cocke n Kettle had the best food I ever had. I also have a $50.00 gift card that was given as a gift not too soon before they closed and don't know what to do with it.
pop over boy

Monomoy Island, MA

#18 Sep 1, 2008
i loved it there me my family and my very special grandmother used to go there every Friday and now its closed what a shame all i got there was pasta but still the staff was excellent and the food was good especially the corn fritters oh well

well does any one know what there going to do with the building
Karyn

AOL

#19 Dec 11, 2008
I have a $60 gift certificate - I called the number the Attorney General gave and left my information, but that was months ago and I haven't heard anything since.

There was a rumor that a Red Robin was going in there....not sure how true that is
Johnny

Cumberland, RI

#20 Apr 21, 2010
Instead of bothering the AG why don't you all get off your butts and take a ride to the resteraunt. There seems to be someone there daily.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mendon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Russel Wilson bought off tonight ? Feb 1 bob 1
CVS banning all tobacco sales (Feb '14) Jan '15 anonymous 30
Courthouse Records Jan '15 healh 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Whitinsville, MA (Jan '12) Jan '15 Brian_G 4
Podcast Dec '14 TheWorldUncensore... 1
Marlborough police log, Dec. 19 edition Dec '14 Hello 1
Suicide Prevention 'Ride of Your Life' is today (Aug '14) Dec '14 hello 3

Mendon News Video

Mendon Dating
Find my Match